The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

+7
MetaSmashBro
SpaniardGamer
darkwingdragon709
Prophet6000
Kamina#1
Jade789119
sikokiller
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever) Empty everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

Post by sikokiller Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 pm

-Wii sucks because PS3/360 have achievements.
-Achievements are an innovation as big as motion controls. Achievements are a better innovation than motion controls.
-When you play Wii games, you do not feel any accomplishment.
-Mad World is awesome, it would have sold if it had achievements and social networking.
-Wants the Miis to copy Avatars in having clothes.
-Mentions Wii Sports Resort and other games by saying it has achievements in it. But says it doesn’t matter because the achievements do not go ‘beyond the game’.
-Mention people in the comments defending Nintendo. “Nintendo fanboys have brainwashed themselves.” IGN staff then mocks Nintendo fans by pretending to be brainwashed: “I don’t want achievements!” “I don’t want HD!” “I don’t want to just sit on the couch and just play!” “I don’t want to get up and wave my arms!”
-Quote: “Turning on my Wii is a very lonely experience” because Wii doesn’t have some Xbox Live system.
-”I don’t know anyone in the Bay area who doesn’t live with a room-mate.” (Not sure I want to interpret that…)
-Podcast then switches to talking about Cassamassina’s “Nintendo is lazy” column.
-Talks about how Gamecube Nintendo used to push big huge games with cutting edge graphics.
-Says Nintendo stopped doing this because they couldn’t compete. (No mention of Blue Ocean Strategy.)
-”Wii has been phenomenally successful, but it is the first Nintendo console I do not want to play.” “A great example of this would be the new Super Mario Brothers for the Wii.”
-Mario 5 doesn’t set the world on fire in how it uses the Wii. It is just “Here’s the game!”
-Call Mario 5 a DS port. “Nintendo just took everything that worked on the DS and just put it on the Wii.”
-”That is how Nintendo has been so financially successful.”
-Says there was no money put into Mario 5. No money for Research and Development.
-Wii is a Gamecube with a new peripheral.
-Nintendo has given up the battle of the epic games to Microsoft and Sony. “Absolutely,” replies another.
-Nintendo doesn’t care to enter the battle of Microsoft and Sony. “And I think it is hurting them in the long run.”
-Nintendo needs to go after the hardcore. One person says their mom has a Wii and hasn’t bought a game for it.
-One person used his Mom’s Wii, puts in the new Mario game, declares the Wii controllers are all dead, then updates the Wii’s firmware. Then says he updates the firmware yet again.
-Craig Harris: Mario Galaxy is epic because of its story (as well as its texture mapping and cutscenes). However, Galaxy isn’t as good as games on the HD Twins because games on the HD Twins have more epic stories.
-Craig Harris isn’t happy how people accept what Nintendo is doing by not putting epic stories into their games. “Link doesn’t talk!”
-Craig Harris after demanding that Nintendo games have voice acting: “I really want to play games like Uncharted 2 on the Wii.”
-”Assassin’s Creed 2 feels like a Mature Zelda game.”
-Craig Harris: “I know video games are in the money making business. But companies like Microsoft and Sony are doing certain things and if Nintendo is going to sit back and relax…”
-”They’re betting that the casual market will be there forever.”
-Nintendo is doomed because Wii is going to become like the N64. Sony is going to sneak up through them.
-”Wii totally reminds me of how it is used in casual households is like the crappy systems you see in Walgreens when you are checking out. Plug and play guitars!” “It’s like a little gimmick when you want to do something with it.”
-Keeps attacking the “casual audience”.
-Likens the “casual players” to what caused the Atari crash in 1983 (not joking, they said it).
-Says Nintendo is where it is at the end of the latter SNES days where Nintendo is sitting comfortably and getting ready to make the N64. Says Nintendo will fall once Sony Wand and Microsoft Natal get released.
-Mentions an email where it asks Cassamassina, “Why don’t you go after Nintendo for being lazy with Mario Galaxy? It is, after all, tons of recycled content with purple coins and all.” They say this doesn’t count since “all games have that.”
-Start bashing Phantom Hourglass.
-Says Wii is best when emulating the PC. “like games as World of Goo.”
-Says if you are a new consumer looking for motion control, you will be wowed by Natal and Wand.
-Say they like Wand because they actually hold it.
-Others say they are skeptical of both Natal and Wand since they are copying what Nintendo is doing.
-Another email says NSMB Wii is being knocked more than it should. Is annoyed people are bashing the side scroller. They disagree with the email and says Nintendo didn’t do anything with Mario 5 except putting out a red box.
-In a Japanese magazine, Miyamoto says he wanted the gameplay to be the same for all four characters in Mario 5.
-Reads an email who says that Mario 5 was scored too high by IGN and should be below an 8.
-Says Gamecube was a hardcore system (I thought it was a kiddy system?)
-Starts bashing Animal Crossing Wii and Wii Music.
-”What is the point of complaining?” says an email. “Because we got tons of comments and tons of traffic,” answers Harris. This is perhaps why this podcast is so intentionally bad.
-Bashes the Quarter 1 release schedule from Nintendo.
-Talk about their favorite Wii games. Mention Mario Kart Wii and Boom Blox.
-Doesn’t know why Excitebots isn’t selling.
-Harris admits he thinks Mario 5 is one of the top games for the system (odd for bashing it so much earlier in this podcast)
-One email asks if Blaster Master sells well on VC, will it get a sequel? (Doesn’t appear they answer this.)
-Says no one will try a VC game they haven’t played.
-Email complains about how Daemon’s WiiWare reviews all complain about leaderboards not being online.
-Tells developers, who might be listening, that it is 2010 that they should only put arcade games with online leaderboards.
-Email asks if Project Hammer being resurrected with Motion Plus. No answer, just hyena sounds as they laugh at their own jokes you can’t make out.

wow there getting desperate for attention now... its not our problem you guys at IGN are losing money, you don't have to blame everything on nintendo... they spent the hole podcast bashing nintendo rather then talking about nintendo news, thats why i listen to the podcast for is the nintendo news... im getting this feeling ign will be on nintendo's nuts for months now
you can listen to the podcast here: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/105/1055198p1.html

but i warn you guys you wont like it lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever) Empty Re: everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

Post by Jade789119 Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm

wow that is soo bad just wait it out...
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever) Empty Re: everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

Post by Kamina#1 Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:08 am

I want to see shigeru,reggie,and iwata-san beat the crap out of these ppl.

I wonder what shokio and BBC has to say about all these bullshitty nonsense,heap load of anal crap coming out of 360 fanboys god damn asshole.
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hazif95

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 am

Wow that was alot of hate. But some points are true but still T_T
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 am

i'm not afraid to copy/paste what i said on another thread...THIS!

...i was up til 3am last night readin the comments last. all does is prove the the industry is goin down hill even more. first they say ninte abandoned thier fans, now all of a sudden they're lazy and halfassed all of thier products this gen and nsmb is a perfect example. why target nintendo for cuttin corners when just about EVERY dev does that all the time? now i'm not gonna sit here and lie sayin that ninte has never cut corners cause i can name quite a few games that made me wanna slap them...but nsmb is certainly NOT an example of this. that game was a completely new game from top to bottom that screams fan service, people are always quick to say ninte never listens to fans, but at the same time bash them for an obvious show of fanservice. people have been cryin for a console sidescrolling mario game for years and they finally do it...WITH co-op, and i can honestly say that this game has givin me somethin that i've been lookin for for 2 generations and haven't found til now...and no amount of CoDMW2 or uncharted2 will EVER fill this games place for me. what these fools and these so called fans need to understand is that nintendo has two major platforms that they have to cater to, not to mention that they have to take the time needed to make a masterpiece. let me ask this, what the HELL does sony and microsoft have planed in the future?...exactly, just do what they've always done, sit back, coast, and rake in cash from 2nd/3rd party devs games and maybe shell out an overrated game every 2-3yrs.

these idiots need to stop askin nintendo why they turned thier backs on thier fans or why they got lazy and instead ask them why the hell HAVEN'T they turned thier back on the industry dispite the industry doin that to them. 2 gens ago, just about EVERY 3rd party abandoned them at the first sign of a cheaper format, devs that had strong bonds with ninte and was in all honesty carried by them. it was NEVER about the N64's capabilities which was proven multiple time with certain games. then people wanna ask why didn't ninte use a disc format then? maybe it was cause they never manufactured discs and after they had to drop the deal with sony, they had to use what they knew. its not like they had much time, the ps1 already had a year lead on them. then there was the GC...what i call the dark ages/the worst gen to be a ninte fan. 3rd parties abandoned ninte again except worst then before, blatantly makin thier games for every platform BUT the GC leavin ninte high and dry to fend for themselves. the console was crucified and bashed EVEN though it was technically more graphically powerful then both the ps2 and xbox(though that was a lil fact that was swept under the rug). in fact, most owners where bashed and givin flack for even OWNIN a GC, as if it was a discrace to games...even though it was home to some of the greatest games of that gen. and now after losin from all directions, they foresaw the industry goin into a dead end and decided to ONCE AGAIN change the way games are played. thats why they're criticized so much, people grew to hate them for 2 gens(for no reason i might add)and now they hate to see them do anything but fail. i was so discusted after readin those post, now even the so called ninte fans wanna find any reason to jump ship. well now i got some questions for those ninte "fans"...where the FUCK where you when the GC was only sellin 3million units world wide? where the hell was your so called support that got ninte where they are? where the hell was all your bitchin when the GC was gettin absolutely no support from 3rd parties? you guys where awfully quiet when the whole DAMN world spat on ninte for the N64 and GC...but all of a sudden you grow some balls to speak when its against ninte now that hatin them is the popular thing to do now more then ever. as far as i'm concered, you fucks should be lucky that nintendo ain't said fuck you all, gave up,and stop makin games. no, instead they write a love letter for fans and packaged it in the form of MPt and nsmb, and are ready to blow the compotion out the water i 2010 with one the best lineups this gen. i can't wait til metroid other m and the new zelda shut these idiots up for good...i'm sick and tired of this shit.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:03 pm

I was really expecting this
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:22 pm

wow....
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Given that IGN is a waste of time anyways, I will just brush it off as another crappy website with money.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 pm

I always ignored the podcasts. But I never thought it would be this absymal. IGN should flat-out be ashamed of themself for this. I would like to go to IGN and give the Nintendo Wii Team the middle finger and demand that they start respecting Nintendo for who they are.

Nintendo deserved none of the bashing listed above. Nintendo made a serious revival with the Wii, I wonder why they hate Nintendo so much now?

Thank you silokiller for putting up with IGN's ****fest of a Nintendo podcast and telling us of your miserable expereience.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Personally, this is why I don't understand why you continue to use IGN. I try to make an effort to go there as little as possible.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Godwind wrote:Personally, this is why I don't understand why you continue to use IGN. I try to make an effort to go there as little as possible.
well i still use them as a source for game news or vids, my main source has been gametrailers for a while now(use to BE ign...but you already know why i switched...)but sometimes ign gives better vid quality.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I always ignored the podcasts. But I never thought it would be this absymal. IGN should flat-out be ashamed of themself for this. I would like to go to IGN and give the Nintendo Wii Team the middle finger and demand that they start respecting Nintendo for who they are.

Nintendo deserved none of the bashing listed above. Nintendo made a serious revival with the Wii, I wonder why they hate Nintendo so much now?

Thank you silokiller for putting up with IGN's ****fest of a Nintendo podcast and telling us of your miserable expereience.
you know why they hate ninte so much, everyone wanted them to go the route sony and microsoft went and make a suped up HD console with nothin but ubber graphics. instead ninte took a different road with a weaker system, and while the industry saw doom commin for them, the gamble worked and the industry hates it. also third parties can't take advantage of the wii and charge an extra $10 a game like the others, so they look for any escuse not to put thier AAA efforts on the wii. thats also why devs want ninte to make a wii2/HD so badly. like i said before, its as if the world doesn't want to see nintendo do anything but fail.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:05 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:Personally, this is why I don't understand why you continue to use IGN. I try to make an effort to go there as little as possible.
well i still use them as a source for game news or vids, my main source has been gametrailers for a while now(use to BE ign...but you already know why i switched...)but sometimes ign gives better vid quality.

The nice thing about IGN is that they have a very large reservoir of reviews despite the quality.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 pm

i used to have a love/hate relationship with IGN...

and now i hate IGN for everything now after that, i used to go there for gaming news and reviews, now i go to VGChartz for gaming news and reviews fix despise that VGChartz isn't a main thing for the site for reviews but there pretty accurate, plus its troll free there lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 pm

sikokiller wrote:

and now i hate IGN for everything now after that, i used to go there for gaming news and reviews, now i go to VGChartz for gaming news and reviews fix despise that VGChartz isn't a main thing for the site for reviews but there pretty accurate, plus its troll free there lol
i think i actually saw a few posts in vgchartz from you.

but yeah, i don't like ign anymore for sure now. i felt bad vibes after i saw that screwy review bozon gave for MWreflex. now its like the whole world is out to see nintendo fall. ign seemed like the ONE refuge to escape nintendo hate...but now its crumbled. its like some kinda wii apocalypse now. where was all this hate in 2008? why now when ninte is about to have an amazin year come 2010?

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:32 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

but yeah, i don't like ign anymore for sure now. i felt bad vibes after i saw that screwy review bozon gave for MWreflex. now its like the whole world is out to see nintendo fall. ign seemed like the ONE refuge to escape nintendo hate...but now its crumbled. its like some kinda wii apocalypse now. where was all this hate in 2008? why now when ninte is about to have an amazin year come 2010?

actually i got this article from Malstrom.. and yeah after they made this nintendo hate thing i feel very homeless from gamesites, it feels like game journalist are trying to give there site a clean out and get rid of nintendo fans... im worried that ign will make more articles on this and piss of nintendo fans every week.... i bet ya they will ignore the greatness that where getting next year
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 pm

sikokiller wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

actually i got this article from Maltrom
oh...but i saw it in ign. my question still stands though. whats with the sudden nintendo witch hunt by EVERYONE?

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:38 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

actually i got this article from Maltrom
oh...but i saw it in ign. my question still stands though. whats with the sudden nintendo witch hunt by EVERYONE?
i was still editing my comment to you and you beat me before i can finish ,my comment lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 pm

sikokiller wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

actually i got this article from Malstrom.. and yeah after they made this nintendo hate thing i feel very homeless from gamesites, it feels like game journalist are trying to give there site a clean out and get rid of nintendo fans... im worried that ign will make more articles on this and piss of nintendo fans every week.... i bet ya they will ignore the greatness that where getting next year
ooops heh heh...but i can't help but feel that this is stuff thats benn held by editors everywhere and they wanted to get this crap out of thier chests. now i 100% believe that everyone in the industry hates the wii besides gamers like us who don't judge consoles by thier GPU count. not to mention this crap is unresistable bait for 360/ps3 fanfucks lookin for any reason to do some wii hatin. this gives em all the insentive they want, now they feel like even the nintendo fans hate the wii. i was so pissed after readin the comments that i had to blow some serious steam...as you may've seen on my wall of text somewhere above this post.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:53 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

ooops heh heh...but i can't help but feel that this is stuff thats benn held by editors everywhere and they wanted to get this crap out of thier chests. now i 100% believe that everyone in the industry hates the wii besides gamers like us who don't judge consoles by thier GPU count. not to mention this crap is unresistable bait for 360/ps3 fanfucks lookin for any reason to do some wii hatin. this gives em all the insentive they want, now they feel like even the nintendo fans hate the wii. i was so pissed after readin the comments that i had to blow some serious steam...as you may've seen on my wall of text somewhere above this post.
i already abused Matt from IGN.. i said something like " i hope IGN falls to the gutter like it is now you fucking cockhead" i send that in Email lol.. i got banned from ign after that lol.. its not like a care.. i have a strong hate relationship with IGN now lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 am

wow, you sent that to matt? NIIIIICE. of course he banned you, why would he wanna read somethin he needs to hear after wrongfully accusin nintendo of bein lazy, and nsmb bein a slack job? but still where is all this commin from suddenly? nsmb was a game every ninte fan wanted, it nicely put abilities, effects, and characters together from every major 2D game, it was the longest 2D mario to date(i clocked in about 7hrs...MW2 took me 5hrs...and everyone's precious uncharted 2 took me 4 and a half!)it had co-op for the first time in a mario game, has secrets up the crack, and it CERTAINLY looked way better then the ds game...port my ass...heck the only thing missin was the super cape. instead of takin this lovely display of fanservice, everyone complained cause of no online or stage editor.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:13 am

darkwingdragon709 wrote:wow, you sent that to matt? NIIIIICE. of course he banned you, why would he wanna read somethin he needs to hear after wrongfully accusin nintendo of bein lazy, and nsmb bein a slack job? but still where is all this commin from suddenly? nsmb was a game every ninte fan wanted, it nicely put abilities, effects, and characters together from every major 2D game, it was the longest 2D mario to date(i clocked in about 7hrs...MW2 took me 5hrs...and everyone's precious uncharted 2 took me 4 and a half!)it had co-op for the first time in a mario game, has secrets up the crack, and it CERTAINLY looked way better then the ds game...port my ass...heck the only thing missin was the super cape. instead of takin this lovely display of fanservice, everyone complained cause of no online or stage editor.

yes i have, no one fucks with nintendo and gets away with it lol.. by the way do you have a VGChartz account?
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:25 am

sikokiller wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:wow, you sent that to matt? NIIIIICE. of course he banned you, why would he wanna read somethin he needs to hear after wrongfully accusin nintendo of bein lazy, and nsmb bein a slack job? but still where is all this commin from suddenly? nsmb was a game every ninte fan wanted, it nicely put abilities, effects, and characters together from every major 2D game, it was the longest 2D mario to date(i clocked in about 7hrs...MW2 took me 5hrs...and everyone's precious uncharted 2 took me 4 and a half!)it had co-op for the first time in a mario game, has secrets up the crack, and it CERTAINLY looked way better then the ds game...port my ass...heck the only thing missin was the super cape. instead of takin this lovely display of fanservice, everyone complained cause of no online or stage editor.

yes i have, no one fucks with nintendo and gets away with it lol..
for sure.

but seriously, why are reviewers cry cause nsmb didn't have online and a level editor? online wouldn'ta did any good, its hard enough playin 2players with someone sittin right next to ya, let alone playin with idiots you don't know constantly tryin to throw you in pits for laughs when you're tryin to finish the game. and complainin about a lack of stage builder? thats like cryin cause an apple doen't taste like an orange. just cause the game is 2D doesn't mean it SUPPOSED to have a stage builder. if thats the case literally every shooter should get bashed cause some don't have dual wieldin. i'm sure it never crossed ninte's mind, especially sense they were tryin to make as throw back as possible for fans. the game wasn't meant to "shake up" the industry...it was just fanservice for cryin out loud.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 am

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

yes i have, no one fucks with nintendo and gets away with it lol..
for sure.

but seriously, why are reviewers cry cause nsmb didn't have online and a level editor? online wouldn'ta did any good, its hard enough playin 2players with someone sittin right next to ya, let alone playin with idiots you don't know constantly tryin to throw you in pits for laughs when you're tryin to finish the game. and complainin about a lack of stage builder? thats like cryin cause an apple doen't taste like an orange. just cause the game is 2D doesn't mean it SUPPOSED to have a stage builder. if thats the case literally every shooter should get bashed cause some don't have dual wieldin. i'm sure it never crossed ninte's mind, especially sense they were tryin to make as throw back as possible for fans. the game wasn't meant to "shake up" the industry...it was just fanservice for cryin out loud.

i don't think nsmb wii should be a worry, it will be to hard to work out what this guy around the world is going to do next in the game
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:38 pm

ok im not going to waste all my time reading ur comments but it hought this podcast was one of the best , they made some many great points and by hating them makes u fanboys. calm down people. and with the achivments thing if u say u dont need them now just wait till u get them. i thought they were dumb but once u start to get them u will want more.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next