The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.)

+11
Invaderzzim
solidstudios
Permafry_42
Darrien
Static man2
Gyoza
SpaniardGamer
snaredrums123
Kamina#1
TheRighteousFascist
sikokiller
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.) Empty Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.)

Post by sikokiller Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 am

Nintendo has announced the 3DS, a new hand-held system set for release before March 2011 in Japan. This new system will be fully unveiled at this year's E3 show in June. While details are a bit slim as of now, the announcement stated the console would incorporate 3D technology without the need for players to wear special glasses. The 3DS will also be backwards compatible with all DS and DSi software.

Nintendo says this new portable machine will "succeed" the DS series. As of December 2009, the DS console has sold 125 million units worldwide.

Rumors of a new DS console have been buzzing for a while now. The latest instance came from President and CEO Satoru Iwata, when he reportedly told Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun the company was working on a DS successor that would have "highly detailed graphics" and use a sensor with the ability to "read the movements of people playing." Another rumor suggested NVIDIA's Tegra processor would power a new DS hand-held. Both of these reports remain unconfirmed as of now, however.

Source: http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/107/1079233p1.html
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.) Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.)

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 am

I have a feeling the 3D effect will require a lot of focus and stillness and will be garbage just like the 3DTVs.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.) Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.)

Post by sikokiller Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:12 am

TheRighteousFascist wrote:I have a feeling the 3D effect will require a lot of focus and stillness and will be garbage just like the 3DTVs.

i reckon it will be fine, Nintendo hasn't fucked up a hardware since the Virtual Boy
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamina#1 Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:26 am

wait so its motion sensing and 3D O_O"

Im just curios how are gonna play a game thats 3D and motion

I pray to god that history doesnt repeat it self.
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hazif95

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 am

Just another example of nintendo innovating the industry.

I just hope it works Shocked

AND THIS COMES IN PERFECT TIMING, MY DS JUST BROKE Sad
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 am

Lol, Siko, you got this before me.

Personally, I think it'll be out a bit way too fast. America is just going to get the DSi XL and now, next year we might get the 3DS? I think that's a bit horrible on marketing.

But, Nintendo might find a way to make it succeed - like the DS, DSi, and Wii
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Let me clean my screen, I jizzed through my pants.

I saw a video of it in action and it works
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

i think Nintendo needs to stop making handhelds. i mean the Dsi just came out the XL i dont think is even out in NA and now this gaaaaaaaa. im fine with my Ds lite. and i dont want 3d wat i WANT NINTENDO IS GOLDEN SUN DS!!!!!!
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrien Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Gyoza wrote:Let me clean my screen, I jizzed through my pants.

I saw a video of it in action and it works

that's not the 3ds that's just the dsi showing off camera features but I will be buying this. I hope it has a gameboy slot!
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:Lol, Siko, you got this before me.

Personally, I think it'll be out a bit way too fast. America is just going to get the DSi XL and now, next year we might get the 3DS? I think that's a bit horrible on marketing.

But, Nintendo might find a way to make it succeed - like the DS, DSi, and Wii

thats because you where most likely still a sleep when i got this info lol..

and yeah i agree i reckon nintendo should wait atleast a couple years so people can get some time to settle on a DSXL,
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 pm

snaredrums123 wrote:Just another example of nintendo innovating the industry.

lol mine is in the process of breaking LOL

anyways, here is my thoughts:

Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
snaredrums123 wrote:Just another example of nintendo innovating the industry.

lol mine is in the process of breaking LOL

my DS is just collecting dust somewhere Sad and i don't like it collecting dust... when the new DS releases im gonna go back into handheld gaming
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

oh come on the DSI just came out and i don't even have a DSI yet.....im probably just gonna stick with a DSI whenever i get one....
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 am

OMG HANDS DOWN this thing sounds like the grestest fucking thing ever invented! Holy CRAP.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:52 am

Invaderzzim wrote:OMG HANDS DOWN this thing sounds like the grestest fucking thing ever invented! Holy CRAP.

only time will tell... just wait until e3 before you rush to conclusions.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 am

i think nintendo is starting to want more money..........
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 pm

solidstudios wrote:i think nintendo is starting to want more money..........

that is what every company has always been about: making more money for themselves.Nintendo is no different.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.) O%20rly
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:

Nintendo 3DS Announced (New hand-held to use 3D technology without the need for glasses.) O%20rly

you sir just earned rep =D
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:22 pm

well im not buying this "3D" ds.
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm

solidstudios wrote:well im not buying this "3D" ds.

don't judge what you haven't seen or played yet. wait until you have played it before you decide whether or not you will buy it.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
solidstudios wrote:well im not buying this "3D" ds.

don't judge what you haven't seen or played yet. wait until you have played it before you decide whether or not you will buy it.
i meant im not spending my money on it lol
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Your gonna buy it.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Gyoza wrote:Your gonna buy it.
ORLY NOW? i haven't even got the DSI yet so do u rly except me to buy the 3DS?
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Yeah, you don't need a DSi to get a 3DS. It's not like the DSi is an exclusive invite to get a 3DS
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next