The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

+17
BlooLegend
NoelX2
lil boy blue 300
Godwind
boricua
Mark_Chaos
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Invaderzzim
SpaniardGamer
FaytSaratome
SoaringDive
Kamina#1
snaredrums123
MetaSmashBro
Gyoza
fox mccloud
Shah2354
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them. Empty High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

Post by Shah2354 Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 pm

We all remember the massive hype behind The Conduit. It was our trump card, the game that would prove shooters could be done on the Wii. For the most part, it did. It wasn't the 11/10 we tricked ourselves into thinking it would be, but it was a great title. Other shooters, including the recent Red Steel 2, have strived to emulate its impressive array of customizable controls. It wasn't perfect, but it was the shooter Wii owners always wanted.

But we let them down. According to High Voltage Studios, The Conduit hasn't broken a million units sold. How could The Condiut, which didn't break a million units sold, be outsold by Wii Play, a poor minigame collection we only bought for a second remote? This can't be the developer's fault. They worked on the game without a publisher, made countless trailers, and even took player's suggestions for control schemes. Its our fault. We abandoned the studio when they needed us most. We did the same thing with MadWorld, and No More Heroes. Our fanbase complains about not having "hardcore" games, but when one arrives, we pass it up.

Then came The Grinder. The trailer looked even better than The Conduit. Dual Wieldable weapons, multiple players, and 40+ creatures onscreen at once. Even after we failed High Voltage, they still gave the Wii a shot. But as they, once burned twice shy. Noticing the lack of sales for The Conduit, High Voltage decided to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, where players BUY games. Notice how they didn't cancel the Wii version, they brought it to the 360 and PS3 as well. People were angry. "How can they betray the Wii?" Well, frankly its understandable that they would want to place there product on a system were they would sell more games. Is it so wrong for a company to try to sell a product?

Then people started bitching about the control change FOR THE 360/PS3 VERSION. The only reason they would consider changing formats was because no one bought their FPS game. Wii owners were outraged. People were decrying High Voltage left and right on the sites i checked. "HVS doesn't care about the Wii". People are amazing in there foolishness. Now the news has come, that The Grinder will stay an FPS on the Wii, as always suspected. Did you really think they would scrap the FPS engine they already released footage of? Seriously? In addition, they are also releasing a sequel to The Conduit. A sequel to a game that sold less than a million units.They developed The Conduit before they were sure it would hit retail, they are keeping The Grinder the way fans wanted,a nd they are even making a sequel to The Conuit. And thats completely passing over Tournament of Legends aka Gladiator AD. They are dedicated to our console.
Its clear, High Voltage Studios didn't turn their backs on the Wii, we turned our backs on them.
Agree with me? Think I sound nuts? Sound in the comments section below.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them. Empty Re: High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

Post by fox mccloud Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 pm

the general populas i agree but not me as i have the conduit madworld and even muramusa which makes great 2D games which i'd like to see more of and see them(the developers) branch out into (plz support muramusa by buying it)
fox mccloud
fox mccloud
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them. Empty Re: High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

Post by Shah2354 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:11 pm

fox mccloud wrote:the general populas i agree but not me as i have the conduit madworld and even muramusa which makes great 2D games which i'd like to see more of and see them(the developers) branch out into (plz support muramusa by buying it)
I got Muramasa. Awesome game. The type people should get instead of We Ski. cheers
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Shah2354 wrote:We all remember the massive hype behind The Conduit. It was our trump card, the game that would prove shooters could be done on the Wii. For the most part, it did. It wasn't the 11/10 we tricked ourselves into thinking it would be, but it was a great title. Other shooters, including the recent Red Steel 2, have strived to emulate its impressive array of customizable controls. It wasn't perfect, but it was the shooter Wii owners always wanted.

But we let them down. According to High Voltage Studios, The Conduit hasn't broken a million units sold. How could The Condiut, which didn't break a million units sold, be outsold by Wii Play, a poor minigame collection we only bought for a second remote? This can't be the developer's fault. They worked on the game without a publisher, made countless trailers, and even took player's suggestions for control schemes. Its our fault. We abandoned the studio when they needed us most. We did the same thing with MadWorld, and No More Heroes. Our fanbase complains about not having "hardcore" games, but when one arrives, we pass it up.

Then came The Grinder. The trailer looked even better than The Conduit. Dual Wieldable weapons, multiple players, and 40+ creatures onscreen at once. Even after we failed High Voltage, they still gave the Wii a shot. But as they, once burned twice shy. Noticing the lack of sales for The Conduit, High Voltage decided to bring the game to the 360 and PS3, where players BUY games. Notice how they didn't cancel the Wii version, they brought it to the 360 and PS3 as well. People were angry. "How can they betray the Wii?" Well, frankly its understandable that they would want to place there product on a system were they would sell more games. Is it so wrong for a company to try to sell a product?

Then people started bitching about the control change FOR THE 360/PS3 VERSION. The only reason they would consider changing formats was because no one bought their FPS game. Wii owners were outraged. People were decrying High Voltage left and right on the sites i checked. "HVS doesn't care about the Wii". People are amazing in there foolishness. Now the news has come, that The Grinder will stay an FPS on the Wii, as always suspected. Did you really think they would scrap the FPS engine they already released footage of? Seriously? In addition, they are also releasing a sequel to The Conduit. A sequel to a game that sold less than a million units.They developed The Conduit before they were sure it would hit retail, they are keeping The Grinder the way fans wanted,a nd they are even making a sequel to The Conuit. And thats completely passing over Tournament of Legends aka Gladiator AD. They are dedicated to our console.
Its clear, High Voltage Studios didn't turn their backs on the Wii, we turned our backs on them.

STFU you noob good day. But really, how are you gonna turn your back on a company who only has one game on the Wii.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Gyoza wrote:
Shah2354 wrote:We all remember the massive hype behind The Conduit. It was our trump card, the game that would prove shooters could be done on the Wii. For the most part, it did. It wasn't the 11/10 we tricked ourselves into thinking it would be, but it was a great title. Other shooters, including the recent Red Steel 2, have strived to emulate its impressive array of customizable controls. It wasn't perfect, but it was the shooter Wii owners always wanted.

STFU you noob good day. But really, how are you gonna turn your back on a company who only has one game on the Wii.
I'm pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of a fanbase that wants "hardcore" games, but doesn't buy them.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Hmm, this makes sense....
I'm buying The Conduit 2 regardless. I'm still iffy on The Grinder.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:49 pm

No offense, but I could imagine a Violin playing the whole time I read your post lol.
but seriously, I agree, but the conduit did not get bad sales. 150,000 units sold in the first week (which is really good for a wii game believe it or not) and HVS is not the biggest operation.

All I'm saying is, it's not like they had a multi billion dollar budget.

Also, NMH has already sold a million units, it took 6 months, but Suda did it.

But Muramassa and Madworld were treated poorly when it comes to sales. the reason games like these don't sell well is not because there is no wii hardcore audience, it's because these publishers do a shit job at advertising.

Look at Just Dance, that is a terrible game! It is a crappy peice of shovelware, and it's gone and sole 2 million units! Wanna know why? ADVERTISING! I saw a ton of Just Dance commercials the last couple of weeks, and now look at the game.
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 pm

MetaSmashBro wrote:Hmm, this makes sense....
I'm buying The Conduit 2 regardless. I'm still iffy on The Grinder.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the grinder might end up like duke nukem forever, changing gameplay, release dates, etc
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:52 pm

snaredrums123 wrote:No offense, but I could imagine a Violin playing the whole time I read your post lol.
but seriously, I agree, but the conduit did not get bad sales. 150,000 units sold in the first week (which is really good for a wii game believe it or not) and HVS is not the biggest operation.

But Muramassa and Madworld were treated poorly when it comes to sales. the reason games like these don't sell well is not because there is no wii hardcore audience, it's because these publishers do a shit job at advertising.

Look at Just Dance, that is a terrible game! It is a crappy peice of shovelware, and it's gone and sole 2 million units! Wanna know why? ADVERTISING! I saw a ton of Just Dance commercials the last couple of weeks, and now look at the game.
Lol it's a sad situation though right. My language played that angle. It persuades the reader. (thank you English class) lol
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 pm

snaredrums123 wrote:No offense, but I could imagine a Violin playing the whole time I read your post lol.

The game is quite fun. It's not bad actually you might not have rhythm.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by fox mccloud Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 pm

the developers of muramusa had lil if not no advertising of their game cause it is a small game developing company in japan tht uses 2D(which is looked down upon now for some reason) and had very lil money, there was only 1 copy of muramusa at my gamestop, i was in there for 2 hrs looking for it cause i knew i saw it last time hoping nobody took it, and i finally found it again, cause ive been wanting the game ever since it just came out in japan
u can tell how low budget this struggling company is because it didnt have any dubbed voice acting, which im not complaining cause the acting is terrific anyways and hopefully was a good subbing
fox mccloud
fox mccloud
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 pm

fox mccloud wrote:the developers of muramusa had lil if not no advertising of their game cause it is a small game developing company in japan tht uses 2D(which is looked down upon now for some reason) and had very lil money, there was only 1 copy of muramusa at my gamestop, i was in there for 2 hrs looking for it cause i knew i saw it last time hoping nobody took it, and i finally found it again, cause ive been wanting the game ever since it just came out in japan
u can tell how low budget this struggling company is because it didnt have any dubbed voice acting, which im not complaining cause the acting is terrific anyways and hopefully was a good subbing
what can you do, ya know.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Buy the game if have money.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamina#1 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:39 am

I dont think NMH sold a million,and i agree with you if the conduit and NMH would have a TV commercial it would have sold many copies
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hazif95

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Too bad the game wasn't advertised. At all.

How could The Condiut, which didn't break a million units sold, be outsold by Wii Play, a poor minigame collection we only bought for a second remote?

Contradicted yourself, "we only bought for a second remote" answers your own question.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Advertising problems. When it doesn't happen you get no sales.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:02 pm

I liked Wii Play, it was fun
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Tanks was awesome
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 pm

I liked are air hockey too.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:37 pm

The majority of advertisments I've seen for a Wii game were 1st party games. And they all sold great.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm

soaringdive wrote:Too bad the game wasn't advertised. At all.

How could The Condiut, which didn't break a million units sold, be outsold by Wii Play, a poor minigame collection we only bought for a second remote?

Contradicted yourself, "we only bought for a second remote" answers your own question.
True. You got the point though, right?
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 pm

That you don't like Wii Play.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Gyoza wrote:That you don't like Wii Play.
that a bare bones high quality game gets outsold for a minigame collection.

and Ping Pong is a poor man's Wii Tennis. (or Mario Power Tennis NPC, etc)
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 pm

But it's still a fun game
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Gyoza wrote:But it's still a fun game
only arguably so.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next