The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding.

4 posters

Go down

Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding. Empty Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding.

Post by snaredrums123 Sun May 02, 2010 1:08 pm

If you are unfamiliar with the Monster Hunter franchise, I commend you. Because you have no clue what you are getting into. Many have probably seen the commercials for this game thinkin "Hey, my 6 year old son LOVES dinosaurs!" Oh boy, do I feel bad for those people...

If you want this game, I recommend you do some research, because this is one of the hardest, deepest, and most rewarding games this generation.

You start from rags to riches as a new hunter who decides to help the small Moga Village, and train to slay the (flagship) monster Lagiacrus. It has been terrorizing the small fishing village, and it is your job to become the best hunter around, and slay the beast.

The point of this game is to collect materials from slaying different monsters, farming different items, and mining different ores, to create weapons and armor so you can be a more devastating hunter.

This can be very, very fun and rewarding, but it takes some time to truly get into the game. When I say it's a lot of grinding, I don't mean "Attack little monsters for X amount of hours until you gain X amount of experience points, so you become X level" I mean you are gathering a LOT of supplies, and you kill monsters and hope to god they drop the right item. Why is this so fun? Because unlike a lot of games, grinding in this game isn't a soulless effort of turn based gameplay, this game has a real in-depth combat system. You have to dodge, charge, watch your stamina meter, (if you're underwater) watch your air meter, make sure you have enough health, make sure you have the proper suplies, and most importantly, watch the monsters movements. In this game, imagine every time you go out to fight, you're fighting a boss fight. Each monsters have certain "Tells", if a monster is in the right possition, he might do a charge attack, or a hipcheck (Swinging his body toward you, hip first). It's your job to make sure NOT to get hit.

you don't choose a class because each weapon is basically a class in itself. You really can't grasp how many weapons there are in this game until you look at this. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Hammer
That is just for the hammer class. There are 8 other weapons, which play completely differently.

And then, there is the online mode. Capcom has really outdone themselves here. They took out the WHOLE friend code system nintendo made, and made their own, superior thing. Not only that, but you are able to play with random people around the world, and WiiSpeak is supported (Which is rather rare)
You go online to fight with 4 other people to take down bigger monsters. From what I've heard, online

Before you get this game, just know what you're getting into, and you can enjoy up to 100 hours of rich, rewarding gameplay.

Graphics: 9
It looks a bit like a PS2 game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The monster designs are wonderful, and the all around artstyle is just fantastic.

Gameplay: 9.3

As I said earlier, the battle system is one of the deepest I've ever played. There is a lot of collecting, and grinding, but this is often fun.

Lasting Apeal: 10
This game can easilly run you 100-200 hours. Online that is the best on the Wii, plus hundreds of different weapons and armor to collect, will make this one of your most played games, if you're willing to get into it.

Overall:
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding. Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding.

Post by Jade789119 Sun May 02, 2010 1:50 pm

now i wants this game haha nice review Razz
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding. Empty Re: Monster Hunter Tri: It's a lot of grinding, but it's fun grinding.

Post by snaredrums123 Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

Jade789119 wrote:now i wants this game haha nice review :P

I say go for it, it's worth every penny :D
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Sun May 30, 2010 11:27 am

http://www.gamefly.com/game/Wii/Monster-Hunter-Tri/140335/

Take a look at the first user review Very Happy
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacques7Chef Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Great review, this does have very deep and rich game-play.
Jacques7Chef
Jacques7Chef
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeipster Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Nice Review Gets The Game SpotOn
Zeipster
Zeipster
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down