The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is online a good thing?

+11
brawler9686
Mark_Chaos
ElkinFencer10
snaredrums123
sikokiller
TheNintendoLook
Psp1000Fanboy
Camo Junky
itsBarbz
Invaderzzim
Vorox2400
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is online a good thing? Empty Is online a good thing?

Post by Vorox2400 Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:15 pm

I really think online ruined a lot of enjoying games because I miss the old times.I enjoy way more fun playing games with friends or family but luckily there is one game that still keeps the tradition going and that is the Mario party series,but don't get me wrong I like online play but I enjoy playing with people around me much more
Vorox2400
Vorox2400
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/

Back to top Go down

Is online a good thing? Empty Re: Is online a good thing?

Post by Invaderzzim Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:31 pm

I know what u mean

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by itsBarbz Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Then don't play online...? Lol...I dont get the problem...Online's a feature. If you dont like it...Don't use it =p
itsBarbz
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Camo Junky Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:48 pm

I know what you mean, online has set the standard, and pretty much created fanboys...
Camo Junky
Camo Junky
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorox2400 Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:15 pm

well my brother has a ps3 and he has a game called warhawk and he told me you can't really play the game without online but I don't really know if he's telling the truth
Vorox2400
Vorox2400
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Psp1000Fanboy Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Well Im an only child so most regular games seem boring after I finish them. So I like online better

Psp1000Fanboy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNintendoLook Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:27 am

Vorox2400 wrote:I really think online ruined a lot of enjoying games because I miss the old times.I enjoy way more fun playing games with friends or family but luckily there is one game that still keeps the tradition going and that is the Mario party series,but don't get me wrong I like online play but I enjoy playing with people around me much more

online is totally a good thing sure it is fun to play with real ppl in your house but every time i want to play cod 5 i wouldn't call up my best friend so he could come over and play with me. thats y online is good so u can play with real ppl when ever u want if every one Elsa in your life is busy
TheNintendoLook
TheNintendoLook
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNintendoLook

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:17 am

well i been around since online gaming never existed, and that was in between nes and snes, and i think online gaming ruins the entire gaming because games used to have an awesome story but when online came about they decided to make online the focus more then the story..
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNintendoLook Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:07 am

sikokiller wrote:well i been around since online gaming never existed, and that was in between nes and snes, and i think online gaming ruins the entire gaming because games used to have an awesome story but when online came about they decided to make online the focus more then the story..

u make this comment but u have a conduit display picture witch is the most online focused game on wii
TheNintendoLook
TheNintendoLook
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNintendoLook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:09 am

I know what you mean. Good times...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorox2400 Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:42 pm

yeah
Vorox2400
Vorox2400
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 pm

I agree, remember how rare always slipped some sort of multiplayer shooter into their n64 games... Memories
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm an only child, and I agree that games can get boring after you've beaten them if you don't have friends over, but online really has ruined games, especially FPS games. So many games nowadays try so hard to make their online play great that their single player just sucks. While it's a 6th generation game, I know, look at Halo; the single player was good, I know, but look at the multiplayer. Unless you had numerous friends over or Xbox Live, it sucked balls. My friend Grant and I used to pop in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and put us against like 6 bots and just go at it. Because of online, I've noticed, game developers have a tendency (not always, but far too often) to be like "Since they can play online, we don't need to add bots." Bots are what made FPS multiplayer fun for me and my friends. Maybe I'm just weird, but while online play is a great feature, it's taken the focus off of what a game should be about; the overall gameplay. I'm not going to buy a game with a crappy storyline and single player, no matter how good the online is (hence why I regret buying Call of Duty World at War; the campaign is just blah, and the online isn't even that outstanding).
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:32 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm an only child, and I agree that games can get boring after you've beaten them if you don't have friends over, but online really has ruined games, especially FPS games. So many games nowadays try so hard to make their online play great that their single player just sucks. While it's a 6th generation game, I know, look at Halo; the single player was good, I know, but look at the multiplayer. Unless you had numerous friends over or Xbox Live, it sucked balls. My friend Grant and I used to pop in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and put us against like 6 bots and just go at it. Because of online, I've noticed, game developers have a tendency (not always, but far too often) to be like "Since they can play online, we don't need to add bots." Bots are what made FPS multiplayer fun for me and my friends. Maybe I'm just weird, but while online play is a great feature, it's taken the focus off of what a game should be about; the overall gameplay. I'm not going to buy a game with a crappy storyline and single player, no matter how good the online is (hence why I regret buying Call of Duty World at War; the campaign is just blah, and the online isn't even that outstanding).

Developers might as well make a game that has multiplayer only huh?
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm an only child, and I agree that games can get boring after you've beaten them if you don't have friends over, but online really has ruined games, especially FPS games. So many games nowadays try so hard to make their online play great that their single player just sucks. While it's a 6th generation game, I know, look at Halo; the single player was good, I know, but look at the multiplayer. Unless you had numerous friends over or Xbox Live, it sucked balls. My friend Grant and I used to pop in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and put us against like 6 bots and just go at it. Because of online, I've noticed, game developers have a tendency (not always, but far too often) to be like "Since they can play online, we don't need to add bots." Bots are what made FPS multiplayer fun for me and my friends. Maybe I'm just weird, but while online play is a great feature, it's taken the focus off of what a game should be about; the overall gameplay. I'm not going to buy a game with a crappy storyline and single player, no matter how good the online is (hence why I regret buying Call of Duty World at War; the campaign is just blah, and the online isn't even that outstanding).

If they want to make a game that takes my balls into its mouth and sucks them, then that's EXACTLY what they should do. That would also give me something about which to endlessly bitch...
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:47 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:

If they want to make a game that takes my balls into its mouth and sucks them, then that's EXACTLY what they should do. That would also give me something about which to endlessly bitch...

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a game like that was created.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Counter-Strike: Source. It's PC rather than console, but still; it only has multiplayer.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Counter-Strike: Source. It's PC rather than console, but still; it only has multiplayer.

I totally forgot about that game. Well, I still won't be surprised if another one popped up on a console.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by brawler9686 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeh but the single player has to eventually end and the online never ends so thats the magic of online multiplayer!!

brawler9686
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxXReQuiEmXxX Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Vorox2400 wrote:well my brother has a ps3 and he has a game called warhawk and he told me you can't really play the game without online but I don't really know if he's telling the truth

Yeah, Warhawk is an almost completely online game, and when it's not, it's just with bots.

But yeah, I know what you mean, I love online, but I miss the good old days. Back when it was just me, my brother and a SNES. Those were good time, even though he always blamed me for losing lives in Donkey Kong Country....

XxXReQuiEmXxX
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by brawler9686 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:25 pm

You got a point but online is what gaming is all about without it. Gaming would never be the same!

brawler9686
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:32 pm

brawler9686 wrote:You got a point but online is what gaming is all about without it. Gaming would never be the same!

This is wrong in every meaning of the word possible. If online is really that important, then everything else that makes gaming should be tossed away like game-play, story, graphics, etc.

Also, Gaming would be the same without it. Let's think that one though again huh.

Last edited by Mark_chaos on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:
brawler9686 wrote:You got a point but online is what gaming is all about without it. Gaming would never be the same!

This is wrong in every meaning of the word possible. If online is really that important, then everything else that makes gaming should be tossed away like game-play, story, graphics, etc.
When did online play get popular? 6 Generation systems. When did online play debut? 4th Generation games. No one really cared about online play on their Super Nintendos or Nintendo 64s, though, now did they? If online play is the most important aspect of a game to you, then I'd venture to say that you're NOT a real gamer; true gamers play games for the GAMEplay, not the online features or graphics, obsessions with which have begun to pollute and poison the video game industry...
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:37 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:

When did online play get popular? 6 Generation systems. When did online play debut? 4th Generation games. No one really cared about online play on their Super Nintendos or Nintendo 64s, though, now did they? If online play is the most important aspect of a game to you, then I'd venture to say that you're NOT a real gamer; true gamers play games for the GAMEplay, not the online features or graphics, obsessions with which have begun to pollute and poison the video game industry...

Maybe I should put /sarcasm at the end of my posts huh, because I agree with you really. The only game(s) I go online with is Pokemon and LBP. And that's it.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:42 pm

lol...I didn't mean to sort of lash out there, bud...I go online with all of my games that have online play, but it's not a crucial feature to me (though it does make Pokemon a LOT more fun...). I just get REALLY pissed off when these poser n00bs go around claiming to be gamers when all they really want are pretty graphics and online play, things that should be SECONDARY to gameplay.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next