The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fragile Dreams Review

2 posters

Go down

Fragile Dreams Review Empty Fragile Dreams Review

Post by RollingSilver Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 am

Hey all, it's been a while since I've last been to these forums. I just got this game that I've been wanting for years since it was first announced at TGS 2008. So now that I've got the game, it's time I start the review:

Fragile Dreams Review Ren-seto-fragile-character-artwork-small

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Publisher: XSeed (US) Rising Games (EU) Namco Bandai (JP)
Developer: Tri-Crescendo
Release Date: 16 March 2010 (US) 19 March 2010 (EU) 22 January 2009 (JP)

In case you have not heard of the game, a young boy named Seto embarks on a journey to Tokyo Tower in a post-apocalyptic Japan looking for survivors after his grandfather passes away. Whilst he travels however, he encounters a young and mysterious silver-haired girl, who runs away from him, thus beginning his quest to search for her.

I've clocked in 10 hours of the game and I am very impressed with what I've witnessed thus far: the game has very stunning visuals, creepy atmosphere, beautiful art design, haunting music, and a very good story. In areas where there are light, the game looks beautiful because of its bright and colorful artwork, but when in the dark, the textures look muddy and the game is completely dark, except for where your flashlight points, but that's clever design since it cheats the Wii's graphical limitations for a dark, filthy, and creepy environment. The IR controls for the flashlight and all projectile-based items are very precise, and the game makes great use of the Wii Remote's speaker as you place it to your ear to get advice from allies, as well as hear sounds of people you need to chase like cats or thieves. The speaker even emits sounds of crickets, crows, and ghosts to make you feel as though you're a part of the game, thus making the speaker essential to the gameplay instead of acting as a tacky gimmick.

One of my main complaints for this game, however, are that its easy to get lost since its so dark and many of the levels are corridors; the main intention was so players can feel scared by the creepy and claustrophobic environment, but its annoying to be running around in circles for almost an hour. The least they could have done was have an arrow on the map after you pause so you can truly know where you are. You also run very slowly in the game, but luckily the maps aren't too big but they give the illusion that they're large, which is another way on cheating the Wii's graphical limitations. The combat system's a bit stale, but once you get the slingshot, or any projectile item, it's like playing a shooter in 1st/3rd person.

The game's become quite addicting for me as I've been playing it nonstop whenever I get home from classes, and I recommend that everyone plays this game despite its shortcomings. The game has a fantastic world with great atmosphere as well as a healthy ensemble of characters. So if you're looking for a Wii game with story that all the HD fanboys are moaning on about, then look no further. Did I mention that the game has quite a mature storyline? Well, it's sure is.

The game's running out of stock, so if you're interested, try getting it as soon as you can.
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Fragile Dreams Review Empty Re: Fragile Dreams Review

Post by lil boy blue 300 Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 pm

dude this forum dead the only person who comes around is the golf ad spammer. I remember shokio talked down SS then look what happen to his forum.
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down