The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much?

+12
MetaSmashBro
Gyoza
Jade789119
TheNintendoLook
Genesis
brawler9686
nintendorocks
sikokiller
thelastmetroid186
Jakester12621
FaytSaratome
Nintendork8183
16 posters

Go down

Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much? Empty Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much?

Post by Nintendork8183 Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:24 pm

What I'm trying to say is, popular gaming forums such as the Gamespot forums are completely dedicated to hating the Wii. Every day on Gamespot, I see someone posting a negative topic about the Wii, whether it's, "I'm selling my Wii" or " This console is better than the Wii". And it's not only happening at the Gamespot forums. It's happening at the IGN forums, and ESPECIALLY at the Gametrailers forums. Why is this?
Nintendork8183
Nintendork8183
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much? Empty Re: Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much?

Post by FaytSaratome Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:29 pm

People just want an excuse to bitch and moan.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much? Empty Re: Why do popular gaming forums hate the Wii so much?

Post by Jakester12621 Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Those people are just dumb fanboys who don't even try to get a good game on Wii. They probably were just stupid and bought shovelware by mistake.
Jakester12621
Jakester12621
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jakester12621

Back to top Go down

Post by thelastmetroid186 Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Its makes them forget that they have an X-box or PS3 because its not entertaining them enough. Posting about the Wii is a time waster while they all impatiently wait for the Next Halo, or Call of Duty because they no got no Metroid Prime Tril! YEAH! DARN STRAIGHT! WHAT NOW!!!!! :F

pwnd u gamespot forums...
thelastmetroid186
thelastmetroid186
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 pm

i know the feeling mate, i go to those forums all the time.. if you go to screwattack forums, there's an nintendo forum and they are all dedicated nintendo fans.. there was only 1 person who said im selling my wii but that topic has been blocked because screwattack is about making games fun again
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:14 am

because they're tosser that bum hd
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by brawler9686 Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 am

The only reason those forums hate the wii is because those people play halo too much and don't understand the real potential of the wii.

brawler9686
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Halo 3 is officially a little kid game...Well in my opinion it is. Every time I go on Live and do matchmaking by myself, every time I join a room there's always a 9 year old in there, and when I snipe him he screams into his mic like a banshee. ._. I haven't sold my Halo 3 yet because I still play with my friends who are very close to my age or older, but I hardly do matchmaking because my ears can't take much more. ;-;
Genesis
Genesis
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/user/xDaNgErOuSxFiRex

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNintendoLook Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

i see that allot but as much as i want to say something negative back about the 360 or ps3 i don't because i am not a prick and would not bash other consoles... and i also don't want to start a huge forum fight
TheNintendoLook
TheNintendoLook
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNintendoLook

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:16 pm

TheNintendoLook wrote:i see that allot but as much as i want to say something negative back about the 360 or ps3 i don't because i am not a prick and would not bash other consoles... and i also don't want to start a huge forum fight

true dat
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:29 am

It's to different from the other console. The way it is it's kinda like two Generations ahead in terms of controllers also it's so small and has a lot of hardware inside.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Genesis wrote:Halo 3 is officially a little kid game...Well in my opinion it is. Every time I go on Live and do matchmaking by myself, every time I join a room there's always a 9 year old in there, and when I snipe him he screams into his mic like a banshee. ._. I haven't sold my Halo 3 yet because I still play with my friends who are very close to my age or older, but I hardly do matchmaking because my ears can't take much more. ;-;
I hate that. I swear that the Xbox360 has more kids on it than the other consoles. You'd think kids don't play games like Gears but NOOOOOO! THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! AND ALL THEY DO IS SCREAM!!!!!! AND THEY SWEAR!!!!!!! WHAT KID SWEARS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE!?!?!? AND THEN SOME THE TEENS HAVE HIGH PITCHED VOICES!!!!!! AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON HOW GUY GAMERS GET OBSESSED WITH FEMALE GAMERS!!! WHY!?!?!?
I could go on for awhile but I'll go crazy. @_@
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah I have to say that X-Box live is pure suckage. Everyone bitched about Nintendo WiFi connection but at least we Nintendo gamers have class. We understand that you don't just go online and act an ass. As for the hatred towards the Wii on other sites, get used to it. For some dumb reason here in good ol' U.S. of A gamers have this dumb need to have a rebellious attitude against Nintendo as if Ninty was the parent that knew what was good for them (which Ninty does know whats good for the industry). I wonder how many of you were around during the N64 era. It was annoying back then with all those stupid PlayStation fans talking about how kiddy Nintendo is/was. The problem boils down to the "big brother" complex. "Big brother plays it so it must be cool"... WRONG! Why cant kids be kids? Why bust every "E" rated game be looked down upon? ITS OK TO HAVE GAMES FOR CHILDREN!!! Yet we now have a generation of kids who aren't satisfied unless they're demeaning virtual human life by killing something. Is it me or am I the only one seeing cause to worry? I'm a parent of a little girl and I want her to be able to find games that are her favorites but I will not be like the mass of irresponsible idiots who let their kids play anything and everything they want!
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:10 pm

LightyKD wrote:Yeah I have to say that X-Box live is pure suckage. Everyone bitched about Nintendo WiFi connection but at least we Nintendo gamers have class. We understand that you don't just go online and act an ass. As for the hatred towards the Wii on other sites, get used to it. For some dumb reason here in good ol' U.S. of A gamers have this dumb need to have a rebellious attitude against Nintendo as if Ninty was the parent that knew what was good for them (which Ninty does know whats good for the industry). I wonder how many of you were around during the N64 era. It was annoying back then with all those stupid PlayStation fans talking about how kiddy Nintendo is/was. The problem boils down to the "big brother" complex. "Big brother plays it so it must be cool"... WRONG! Why cant kids be kids? Why bust every "E" rated game be looked down upon? ITS OK TO HAVE GAMES FOR CHILDREN!!! Yet we now have a generation of kids who aren't satisfied unless they're demeaning virtual human life by killing something. Is it me or am I the only one seeing cause to worry? I'm a parent of a little girl and I want her to be able to find games that are her favorites but I will not be like the mass of irresponsible idiots who let their kids play anything and everything they want!

I feel the same way except I don't have a child so I can't see eye to eye with you perfectly on that.
But I was around during the N64 era and Nintendo wasn't kiddy it was fun for the whole family. Thye had games from Mario to Banjo to Donkey Kong to Star Fox. Then They had games like Conker and South Park. So there were mature games and games for the whole family.
Genesis
Genesis
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/user/xDaNgErOuSxFiRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:30 pm

thelastmetroid186 wrote:Its makes them forget that they have an X-box or PS3 because its not entertaining them enough. Posting about the Wii is a time waster while they all impatiently wait for the Next Halo, or Call of Duty because they no got no Metroid Prime Tril! YEAH! DARN STRAIGHT! WHAT NOW!!!!! :F

pwnd u gamespot forums...

Exactly. I know how you feel. People who own a PS3/360 say, "Blu-Ray is so much better than DVD that's it's the new generation!" Yet they complain and whine about the Wii not having a DVD player. It's like either: "What, so your NOT satisfied about your console so you complain and whine about something about another console NOT having something that you already have on YOUR console?" If they want a console that has a DVD player, they have it already. Plus, do they really need another DVD player? And if these fanboys want ALL consoles to have ALL the SAME features, then there would be no competition from Nin., Sony, and MS. Come to think of it...there would be no console war!

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:53 pm

I hate how people accuse the wii of being a little kid's console when there's still TONS of kids playing a 360.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:31 pm

More kids play 360 then Wii. Razz
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:29 pm

agreed halo and cod especialy little kids running around crying and whining and the play every day so some of them can destroy you lol
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 pm

To be honest I really don't thnk blue ray is "the s#!+". Honestly it just gives developers an excuse to not clean up their code and to not compress. DVD-9 is pretty fine to be honest. Can you really see a game that actually makes use of the disc space? Even 360 games have high res textures on a DVD-9 disc and a good amount of 360 games don't even fill the full disc when you take away the garbage data. Lets not even get started on the Wii and the many games that don't even take up most of the space on a DVD-5. Contrary to popular belief, compression of code does not always kill quality. Hell if that was the case, I dont think the DIVX format and .Avi files would be so popular. That whole brand of video file is famous for compression compared to a .Mp4 or a .Mov file. What I'm saying is, the DVD is FAR from dead and YES you can actually put 1080p film on a DVD, it has been proven. Nintendo has always been about MASTERING the technology we have . While others are claiming to make great strides with new tech, Nintendo is re-inventing what we have today. THAT is what makes Nintendo special. If someone was to tell me that 480p was a horrid video resolution, I would smack them upside their head. Sure its not as good as 1080p but hell, when I play Muramasa, its one of the most beautiful games I have seen in ages. That's what Nintendo is challenging others to do. Work with what you have and make it special.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 am

LightyKD wrote:To be honest I really don't thnk blue ray is "the s#!+". Honestly it just gives developers an excuse to not clean up their code and to not compress. DVD-9 is pretty fine to be honest. Can you really see a game that actually makes use of the disc space? Even 360 games have high res textures on a DVD-9 disc and a good amount of 360 games don't even fill the full disc when you take away the garbage data. Lets not even get started on the Wii and the many games that don't even take up most of the space on a DVD-5. Contrary to popular belief, compression of code does not always kill quality. Hell if that was the case, I dont think the DIVX format and .Avi files would be so popular. That whole brand of video file is famous for compression compared to a .Mp4 or a .Mov file. What I'm saying is, the DVD is FAR from dead and YES you can actually put 1080p film on a DVD, it has been proven. Nintendo has always been about MASTERING the technology we have . While others are claiming to make great strides with new tech, Nintendo is re-inventing what we have today. THAT is what makes Nintendo special. If someone was to tell me that 480p was a horrid video resolution, I would smack them upside their head. Sure its not as good as 1080p but hell, when I play Muramasa, its one of the most beautiful games I have seen in ages. That's what Nintendo is challenging others to do. Work with what you have and make it special.

drunken to true
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:04 am

because they havent grown up yet. they dont know who they, are so they act like jeks because thats what they think gets them accepted, instead of actually trying to make friends they just attract other jerks. when they run out of prey, the'll turn on each other. thats when we can laugh because we have good, real friends:D
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:57 pm

LightyKD wrote:Yeah I have to say that X-Box live is pure suckage. Everyone bitched about Nintendo WiFi connection but at least we Nintendo gamers have class. We understand that you don't just go online and act an ass.
As to date, not many Nintendo games really allow much depth of communication with other players. Although one could take this quote and call it arrogance. However, I don't think Nintendo happens to have a great community, I happen to think that the Xbox community generally has low standards with some exceptions of a few people.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down