The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to stay or jump ship

+10
Godwind
lacaras4
SoaringDive
ElkinFencer10
Mark_Chaos
Gyoza
nintendorocks
Jade789119
sikokiller
RollingSilver
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

to stay or jump ship Empty to stay or jump ship

Post by RollingSilver Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:56 am

i'm proud to say i own a wii, yet i always see annoying comments in gaming forums and other sites that the wii is not a gaming console or it has no AAA games, or whatever stupid thing people has to say about it. and i wonder, since lots of people are saying these things in unison, they could be right.

i have a question for all of you: are we real gamers for having fun with wii games and accepting their flaws - frame rate drop, low-res graphics, less-intelligent AI - or are we brainwashed by nintendo that we just hide our frustrations and say that we enjoy the wii when we really don't? is that why we own more than one console? people keep saying their wiis are "collecting dust," and i'm SO TIRED of hearing that

i know i'm asking a silly question but when i see so much wii-bashing threads, i can't help but think i'm in a sea full of sharks.
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

to stay or jump ship Empty Re: to stay or jump ship

Post by sikokiller Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:06 am

oh man i know how you feel, i see the Collecting Dust comment all the time... trust me man when i say this.. if they own a 360 and wii or ps3 or all the consoles.. and then leave a console that they don't use much because they hate it.. there not real gamers, real gamers likes to play games from wii, ps3, and 360 regardless because they have huge library they can chose from, i have a ps3 and i don't let the wii collect dust no fucking way (the wii is my console of choice).. a matter of fact i buy games for both systems when a game comes out on the wii or ps3 that i want, i buy it

and do u go to IGN? you signed up for the wii network didnt ya? do u go to gaming sites to find news on the wii? if you do, your a gamer, casual gamers do not go to gaming sites or anything gaming related don't let these noobs get into your head lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:54 am

yea thats what they want they are either fan boys or people who hate the wii and in my opinion fan boys and console haters arnt gamers they just flame sites because their console of choice isnt supplying them with enough or what they want. And i played cod 5 on 360 and wii and wow i found it funner on wii
... dont ask me why i just found it borin on 360 but thats my opinion so dont go hating Razz i know 360 and ps3 version is better in almost every way but it wasnt as fun (exept zombies play split screen wit my friends
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am

sikokiller wrote:and do u go to IGN? you signed up for the wii network didnt ya? do u go to gaming sites to find news on the wii? if you do, your a gamer, casual gamers do not go to gaming sites or anything gaming related don't let these noobs get into your head lol

i signed up after clicking the link on one of shokio's videos. and yes, i do go to gaming sites like ign. i go to gamespot more only because i've been going there since i was 12 - wow 7 years, i feel old Razz . but yeah, i also go to n4gee Rolling Eyes just to look at wii news.
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:18 am

those commentors can go fuck themselves WII IS AWESOME
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:40 pm

ever read people jumping ship because wii "doesn't have good games?" and then wii owners list a shit-ton of games to prove these ignorant morons wrong.

i think it's pointless since we don't have enough AAA titles to prove them wrong. Mario Galaxy? Metroid Prime 3? Brawl? Twilight Princess? No More Heroes? Muramasa? there's no way they can compete with Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, Heavy Rain, and Killzone 2 right?

We've got Monster Hunter 3
"boo, it should belong to PS3, not that excuse for a gaming console"

The atmospheric, well-written, character driven Dead Space Extraction
"get out of my face with that shit. it's a rail shooter and it doesn't deserve to be on wii. plus it looks less scary and it just plain sucks cuz it's on wii. EA might as well put that on PS3/360 as a third person shooter"
-By the way, i personally yearn for a game like this: character driven

Muramasa
"you think wii owners are gonna buy that? it should belong on PSN/XBOX LIVE"
My Reply: you guys are getting shank and that game looks and plays cooler than muramasa so quit yer whining! no disrespect to muramasa, i love that game

whatever, i can go on and on about this but you get my drift
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Well alot of " Real Gamers " are biased that only rely on one consolee for games. They never give it a chance. I don't blame the consoles I blame the developers.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:52 pm

to stay or jump ship 9rorjm
this
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 pm

RollingSilver wrote:to stay or jump ship 9rorjm
this

EPIC WIN!!!
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:14 pm

The TvC one is true, I was one the capcom forums and they were bitching like that.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Here's what, as far as I'm concerned, is the definition of a gamer; one who loves video games. Note that I did not say "one who loves Xbox games" or "one who loves Playstation games." One must love ALL games (not every single game, of course, but video games in general, blind to system) to be a gamer. You can still be loyal, even fiercely loyal to a company or system; I am FIERCELY loyal to Nintendo, but that doesn't stop me from playing (and LOVING it) Perfect Dark Zero, Halo, Halo Wars, Fable, etc. when my friends bring their 360s over, nor does it stop me from LOVING GTA4, MGS4, Resistance, etc. when my friend brings his PS3 over. I love VIDEO GAMES. Not just Wii games. Not just Nintendo games. VIDEO games. If you hate a specific system and can't give some DAMN good reasons why and/or look past your hatred for the SYSTEM and enjoy and recognize positives about the GAMES, then you're probably not a real gamer. I hate the Xbox 360, but I will be the first to admit that it has some DAMN good games that I would kill to own; I'm just unwilling to buy a system with a fail rate that high.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:46 pm

the cool thing about nintendo is they have stuff for everybody non gamers, core gamers and woman gamers... i dont see nintendo's competition caring about the world
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:27 pm

this

We so have to link this epic picture to "gamers".
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:23 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img410/2562/9rorjm.png
here ya go
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:30 am

lolz nice pic
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by lacaras4 Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 am

this

this is so true
also the reason i dont consider myself a "hardcore gamer" because i dont want to be catagorized with other stupid and ignorant people
lacaras4
lacaras4
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:10 am

To stay or jump ship? Man, I hate fanboys. You do realize you are allowed to own multiple consoles.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Godwind wrote:To stay or jump ship? Man, I hate fanboys. You do realize you are allowed to own multiple consoles.

The people here DO have other consoles. sikokiller just said he has a PS3, but he favors the Wii more. I have a 360, but I favor the Wii more. I want to get a PS3, but I need a job first. Do you not read the comments?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:42 pm

Godwind wrote:To stay or jump ship? Man, I hate fanboys. You do realize you are allowed to own multiple consoles.

I have all three.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Well Hello Everyone this is my 1st Post But i seen what has been going on.
i own a wii and ps3. I love my wii the most im sick of the level of disrespect people have towards the wii. Just cause i dont like to sit around and play halo. all day doesnt not say im not a hardcore gamer. the wii has alot to offer and it could be better it hasnt lived up to what i thought it would be at launch but i love Nintendo. and the future looks bright with the 2010 titles lets hold our heads high and hope Nintendo Listens to the fans more.
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:27 pm

These "gamers" are nothing but fanboys. :\ Don't listen to them.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:

The people here DO have other consoles. sikokiller just said he has a PS3, but he favors the Wii more. I have a 360, but I favor the Wii more. I want to get a PS3, but I need a job first. Do you not read the comments?

I was referring to fanboys in general, not you. Those comments were focused at the topic creator. To stay or jump ship? He makes it sound he has a lack of choices on how many consoles he is allowed to own. Only fanboy would try to influence a consumer that way. Do you not realize what I am alluding to?

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 pm

yeah, i was a little cracked in the head after reading so many of those comments. i'm straightened out now so thanks. talk about insecurity level Razz . but seriously, thanks. i never regret anything as long as i know what i'm doing and what's ahead of it, but when people with different thoughts - smart and stupid - attack me, i start to think otherwise because i do hear facts from the other side.

*sigh* insecurity's a bitch
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:35 am

RollingSilver wrote:yeah, i was a little cracked in the head after reading so many of those comments. i'm straightened out now so thanks. talk about insecurity level Razz . but seriously, thanks. i never regret anything as long as i know what i'm doing and what's ahead of it, but when people with different thoughts - smart and stupid - attack me, i start to think otherwise because i do hear facts from the other side.

*sigh* insecurity's a bitch
OH CRAP! WE ALMOST LOST ONE TO THE FANBOYS! D:
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 pm

meh, i would never abandon the wii since there are games i'm really looking forward to (tales of graces and fragile ftw). plus i'm a nintendo fan so i won't jump ship. i was just succumbed by those comments and assumed that they were right; there's waaaay too many of them.

and people sell their wiis because it isn't HARDCOAR enough. pfft stupid
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next