The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Space: Extraction Bad Glitches (Update)

Go down

Dead Space: Extraction Bad Glitches (Update) Empty Dead Space: Extraction Bad Glitches (Update)

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Ok, I've been playing DS:E for a while, and there are two common glitches, and one rare one, that occur most unexpectingly, but thankfully not very often but again unexpectingly, that you must look out for if you decide to buy the game:

1. Freeze-ups. Your game freezes up during a random point in the game, and it makes an annoying loud noise. For example, I had just recently replayed level three, and when I got to the very end, the game froze.

2. Endless looping. At some point, the game may seem like it's going fine until you notice something abnormal that the game's not supposed to be doing. You then realize that the story is not continuing, and the camera's fixated on just one spot, but your aiming and shooting is fine. For example, I replayed the last level just recently and an enemy jumped up on me. Suddenly, the screen went black for a second before I saw the level again, but I wasn't going anywhere, even when I killed all the enemies.

3. Sound Glitch. Some sound may be off, or overlapping. Probably due to the scripting, but it rarely happens. For example, after I completed the game, while the credits were rolling, a sound that wasn't supposed to play kept on looping until the main menu came up.

How to counter:

1. You can't restart the level, go back to the main menu, or even reset your Wii. So what do you do? Unplug, and replug your Wii, wait a little while before playing again, and see what happens. This glitch can happen anytime, anywhere in the game. (common)

2. Thankfully for this glitch, you can access the pause menu, restart the level, or go back to the main menu without having to reset your Wii. Though you can reset your Wii if you like. This glitch can happen anytime, anywhere in the game. (common)

3. Just let it be. It'll go away eventually. Either that or follow the previous steps above to countering this glitch if the sound keeps going on forever. This glitch rarely happens in the game. (rare)

I don't know what causes these glitches, but my best guess would be how the Wii handles everything on screen at once. It could be anything else: the TV, the hardware, the cords, etc. I also don't know if anyone else who owns the game has encountered these glitches either. It may just be the condition of my Wii, I'm not sure, but these glitches I've been noticing a lot in my game copy (except for the sound glitch, which rarely happens).

There are no other glitches that I've encountered yet, but if I find anymore, I'll post them here. Just warning you guys of these glitches and how to counter them if you ever decide to get the game. Hope this helps! Very Happy

Back to top Go down