The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System Wars is an Endless Waltz

Go down

System Wars is an Endless Waltz Empty System Wars is an Endless Waltz

Post by RollingSilver Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:34 pm

What did I learn from the console war for this gen? I learned that it never ends and that the fires in those arguments are inextinguishable. Take the PS3 fanboys and the 360 fanboys as an example; they argue constantly over whose exclusives have better graphics, sound, or online gameplay while also arguing over whose multiplats are better. Multiplats! How can they fight over multiplats if they're basically playing the same game? Also, why do they have to fight if they're basically supporting the same companies that produce these multiplat games? With the majority of the consoles' library being multiplatform, one can expect and enlightened fanbase where 360 and PS3 owners can talk with each other about their gaming experience instead of being so divided. I don't know enough about these consoles since I don't own any of them, but aside from their technology and features, I think they're relatively the same consoles.

What concerns me the most about these guys is how unbelievable their distaste for the Wii is. Aside from them saying the Wii does not have the games that appeal to them, which I believe is a lie, they constantly bicker whenever the Wii gets a game that they might enjoy. And when the game flops financially, the same people who bickered blame it on Wii owners. Let's think for a second: if gamers bickers about a game going on a system they doesn't have, that must mean they want to play it, right? So the moment that game flops, they laugh at if for flopping. Does anybody see what's going on here? Common sense tells us that we get what we seek, not mock it for its failures. So if the next gamer's game fails to sell on Wii, you can blame these "gamers" since they lost the chance to buy the game targeted for them.

Another thing that baffles me is their resentment for the Wii being a socio-friendly system. Sure, the ads with mom and pop can look a little strange for a gaming system, but is it such a bad thing to get people you know to play games for the first time? Is it so bad to turn mom, dad, or friends into gamers? And didn't mom or dad turn many of us into gamers when they bought us that Nintendo or Sega console, or that gaming PC for us to play with? Unless you bought your first console all by yourself, then of course they did! The Wii made gaming look productive instead of destructive like the media portrays it to be. Our precious games won't be smeared by news outlets if everyone used the "fun-strategy."

And lastly, I want to point out the fanboys' refusing to play Wii titles. Granted, they aren't like the games we see on the HD consoles, but I don't see what makes them "gamer-proof." If the Wii has challenging titles like Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Punch-Out!, Monster Hunter 3, Sin and Punishment 2, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Muramasa: The Demon Blade, what makes them so different asides from not being high definition? What makes them so different if they are just games? And why do these games have to judged on the console they're from if they all rely on gameplay? In addition, they make excuses on review scores to lengthen their refusal to play on the Wii. They usually say that titles have to be rated above an 8.5 or 9.0 to be considered a good game, even though there are games with lower scores that can obviously be fun. Don't get me wrong, I also look for games that get good scores because scores can foreshadow quality, but relying on scores alone makes you look elitist. I know from experience because I used to brag about watching Oscar-worthy movies instead of watching a variety of them. Elitism at it's finest.

That being said, I'll still be getting a PS3 or a 360 because there I games I want to play. However, I am very disappointed in the HD fanboys because I think they created a bad image for gaming. Perhaps I'll wait and see where the current flow of gaming is taking us all.

System Wars is an Endless Waltz Wii-360-ps3
United we stand
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

System Wars is an Endless Waltz Empty Re: System Wars is an Endless Waltz

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Your blogs are really good.

You should make another one about how developers make excuses for not putting quality titles on the Wii in order to have Nintendo bring out a Wii HD. Seriously, Reggie has confirmed 4-5 times that there's not going to be a Wii HD, and yet developers are still clinging to their little fantasy in hoping that Nintendo does release an HD Wii so that they won't have to deal with the original, which causes a lot of great oppotunities to be missed or lost, and is sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 pm

I think I'll put these system wars blogs aside and focus on other stuff like games in general. After all, this whole system wars thing made me a little crazy and stupid that I made myself look like a fool to myself and to a few others. Thanks for the compliment though Very Happy. I think I'll stick to subliminal advertising.

Have you checked out my Sin and Punishment page?
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down