The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. PS2 (FINALLY!)

+2
darkwingdragon709
Jacques7Chef
6 posters

Go down

R.I.P. PS2 (FINALLY!) Empty R.I.P. PS2 (FINALLY!)

Post by Jacques7Chef Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 pm

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/108/1089566p1.html

After a 10 year cycle, the PS2 has finally been booted out of the seventh-generation of gaming by being de-listed off of the NPD charts.
The Nintendo DS is coming to the point of over-taking the best-selling system of all time on either October or December of this year. Ironically, October is the official month where the PS2's 10 year cycle will end.

Maybe now, fanboys will stop comparing the Wii to a last-generation system...or not.
Jacques7Chef
Jacques7Chef
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. PS2 (FINALLY!) Empty Re: R.I.P. PS2 (FINALLY!)

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sat May 15, 2010 12:54 pm

wow...did it really happen? will devs FINALLY stop makin multiplats that uses the ps2 build with crappy waggle functions and slap it on a wii disc? will they actually start usin the wii's power for multiplat games now and stop usin THE weakest last gen console as a crutch/startin point?

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun May 16, 2010 10:28 am

darkwingdragon709 wrote:wow...did it really happen? will devs FINALLY stop makin multiplats that uses the ps2 build with crappy waggle functions and slap it on a wii disc? will they actually start usin the wii's power for multiplat games now and stop usin THE weakest last gen console as a crutch/startin point?
No. While they will stop developing for PS2, it would surprise me if that led to a significant increase in the quality of Wii ports. Besides, the only game series I can think of that was ported to the PS2 in recent years is Guitar Hero.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sun May 16, 2010 12:02 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:wow...did it really happen? will devs FINALLY stop makin multiplats that uses the ps2 build with crappy waggle functions and slap it on a wii disc? will they actually start usin the wii's power for multiplat games now and stop usin THE weakest last gen console as a crutch/startin point?
No. While they will stop developing for PS2, it would surprise me if that led to a significant increase in the quality of Wii ports. Besides, the only game series I can think of that was ported to the PS2 in recent years is Guitar Hero.
...thanks for bringin me down buzz killington. but jokes aside, i would think that it would now force devs to actually use the wii's hardware for ports now rather than before...i mean there was NO excuse for the wii versions of games like spiderman 3 and SW: force unleashed. and even though sega actually put some visual punch in the wii version of sonic unleashed, it was STILL the ps2 version rather than a mere altered version of the real game(360/ps3)which was more than possible.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu May 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Jacques7Chef wrote:http://ps2.ign.com/articles/108/1089566p1.html

After a 10 year cycle, the PS2 has finally been booted out of the seventh-generation of gaming by being de-listed off of the NPD charts.
The Nintendo DS is coming to the point of over-taking the best-selling system of all time on either October or December of this year. Ironically, October is the official month where the PS2's 10 year cycle will end.

Maybe now, fanboys will stop comparing the Wii to a last-generation system...or not.

It's not ironic, it is a coincidence. Also, fanboys will probably not stop comparing it to last generation systems because they need a rhetoric.

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
...thanks for bringin me down buzz killington. but jokes aside, i would think that it would now force devs to actually use the wii's hardware for ports now rather than before...i mean there was NO excuse for the wii versions of games like spiderman 3 and SW: force unleashed. and even though sega actually put some visual punch in the wii version of sonic unleashed, it was STILL the ps2 version rather than a mere altered version of the real game(360/ps3)which was more than possible.

You sir, are a fanboy.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreadish Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm

this is the end of the world... What a Face
Dreadish
Dreadish
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu May 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Godwind wrote:
Jacques7Chef wrote:http://ps2.ign.com/articles/108/1089566p1.html

It's not ironic, it is a coincidence. Also, fanboys will probably not stop comparing it to last generation systems because they need a rhetoric.

darkwingdragon709 wrote:

You sir, are a fanboy.
excuse me?

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu May 20, 2010 9:12 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:
You sir, are a fanboy.
excuse me?

You heard me right. You are a fanboy. dum dum dum bum dum bum.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Godwind wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:
You sir, are a fanboy.
excuse me?

what makes you say that?

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacques7Chef Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 am

Oh no, please no, don't start arguing guys.
Jacques7Chef
Jacques7Chef
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreadish Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 pm

info article turned into flame XD
Dreadish
Dreadish
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Jacques7Chef wrote:Oh no, please no, don't start arguing guys.

Nothing is as fun as a little debate, eh?

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:
You sir, are a fanboy.
excuse me?

what makes you say that?

Because you are 120% bullish on Nintendo specific platforms while you are 200% bearish about competing consoles? Just saying you are too extreme.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Godwind wrote:
Jacques7Chef wrote:Oh no, please no, don't start arguing guys.

Nothing is as fun as a little debate, eh?

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Godwind wrote:
You sir, are a fanboy.
excuse me?

what makes you say that?

Because you are 120% bullish on Nintendo specific platforms while you are 200% bearish about competing consoles? Just saying you are too extreme.
...what? i don't get it.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 pm

about time thats all i can say. Itll take some bad developers off the wii for a while.
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down