The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted.

+7
Ciflit
MetaSmashBro
Jade789119
Deathslizer
Gyoza
FaytSaratome
Permafry_42
11 posters

Go down

Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted. Empty Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted.

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:18 pm

lol i just saw the ign review of odst. they gave it a 9.0 (i thought it deserved about a 8.7-8.9, but what ever). However, Uncharted received a 9.5 from ign. and that's just 1 of the first AAA titles coming out for the PS3. so already PS3 has better exclusives games for the next little while

IGN's ODST review: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025307p1.html

IGN's Uncharted 2 review: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1026373p1.html

Last edited by Permafry_42 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted. Empty Re: Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted.

Post by FaytSaratome Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:56 pm

ODST does not deserve a 9.0.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted. Empty Re: Okay. It's official. ODST is worse than uncharted.

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:35 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:ODST does not deserve a 9.0.

agreed.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:04 am

Check out Shokio new video.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:46 am

Gyoza wrote:Check out Shokio new video.

already saw it. kudos to shokio btw.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:22 am

http://rr.xbox360.ign.com/rrobj/xbox360/object/852871/

http://rr.ps3.ign.com/rrobj/ps3/object/14225971/

Took a look at the reader reviews and guess what i found ... fucking retarded xbot reviews ..

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Deathslizer wrote:http://rr.xbox360.ign.com/rrobj/xbox360/object/852871/

Took a look at the reader reviews and guess what i found ... fucking retarded xbot reviews ..

wow enough 10.0 all they say is BEST GAME EVA well why is it so good ? CUZ IT HALO AND IM A XBOT lol thats basicly their reveiw summery
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

If you put Halo on Dora The Explorer it would get an amazing score. >_>
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:38 pm

This game didn't get a good score just because it's halo. It got a good score because it's a good game. Stop this idiotic nonsense, no professional video-game reviewer ever rates a game based on it's franchise.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 am

Its already been known for a long time that "professional" game reviewers are always biased to some extent ... no such thing as a fair neutral review nowadays ...

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Ciflit wrote:This game didn't get a good score just because it's halo. It got a good score because it's a good game. Stop this idiotic nonsense, no professional video-game reviewer ever rates a game based on it's franchise.

It's a good game?! Are you friggin serious?! I'm goin to tell you what Bungie did for us when they made this game (This game was made in less than a year)

Bungie:
Ok lets take that random Marine and give him a name. Ok everyone go read the Halo books so we can get the backstory to fit. Ok lets take bits and pieces from Halo 2's story and change it a bit. Give the Marine that cool visor that Samus from Metroid Prime has. There we go! Now lets change the pistol and put a suppressor(silencer) on the smg. Now lets somehow have Marines miraculosly regain their health because they have Jesus armor now. (Take note the Campaign is very short). Hey guys, Horde on Gears2 was pretty cool. Lets take what they did and "Halo-ize" it so everyone thinks its better. Ok we are done! Now all of the kids can get their Recon armor. Call IGN.
Hey if you give us a great review, we'll give you Recon!
IGN Xbox:
OOOOOO I WANT RECON!!!!
Halo-fags:
I CAN FINALLY GET RECON!!! YEEEAAAAAAHHHH! ITS SO WORTH MY $60 DOLLARS!!!!
(↑ is a bit exaggerated. Don't take it too serious)
>_<

But in all seriousness, ODST:
-Campaign
-Firefight
-All Halo3 maps plus three more
-Halo Reach Beta

Now I have every map pack except for the 3 new ones. Noone gives two shits about Campaign, they just want Achievements and Recon. Firefight is a Halo version of Horde+Nazi Zombies.
That is not worth $60, $40, hell even $30 in my situation. By Christmas, you most likely will only play ODST for Firefight and the Reach Beta comin next year. But for $10 cheaper, I could get me a Wii game that offers way more than ODST. And for $25 less, I could get me a DS game that offers more than ODST.

Last edited by MetaSmashBro on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Sorry about the rant. Seeing, "Its a good game" just made me go insane.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 am

The campaign is good, just over-priced.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Update: Metacritic says Uncharted 2 is better as well.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:52 pm

MetaSmashBro wrote:If you put Halo on Dora The Explorer it would get an amazing score. >_>

This just in.... Bungie has details on their newest project Dora meets Master Chief!

Reader Reviews: 10!!!!!1! OMG MASTER CHIEF AND HALO!!!!!1!
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:57 pm

soaringdive wrote:
MetaSmashBro wrote:If you put Halo on Dora The Explorer it would get an amazing score. >_>

This just in.... Bungie has details on their newest project Dora meets Master Chief!

Reader Reviews: 10!!!!!1! OMG MASTER CHIEF AND HALO!!!!!1!
I wouldn't be surprised.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 pm

my brother got it with controller 100 dollars he told me it was a huge waste and he said he regrets it. he said maby with controller 60 70
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 am

Jade789119 wrote:

wow enough 10.0 all they say is BEST GAME EVA well why is it so good ? CUZ IT HALO AND IM A XBOT lol thats basicly their reveiw summery

Whoa, O...M...G there are fanboys on both sides of the equation. 360 fanboys scream at the top of their lungs saying ODST is the "best game ever" while PS3 fanboys say Uncharted 2 is the "best game ever," but you know what's funny that they have in common with all the reviews? Neither side give any reasons for the scores at all for either game, lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:47 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:
Jade789119 wrote:

Whoa, O...M...G there are fanboys on both sides of the equation. 360 fanboys scream at the top of their lungs saying ODST is the "best game ever" while PS3 fanboys say Uncharted 2 is the "best game ever," but you know what's funny that they have in common with all the reviews? Neither side give any reasons for the scores at all for either game, lol!

lol i have to agree. The 3 games i hope i can get before i get christmas gifts are Uncharted 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Rachet and Clank Future:A Crack in Time. I want all of those games equally. The reason why i started this article was because i personally think that ODST s overpriced and overrated (look at metacritc, and you will see that not every reviewer was being paid for running ODST ads on its website)
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by AtomicMetroid Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm

no offense to any 360 or halo fans, but in my opinion, (god, im gonna get so much hate for this), ODST was very expensive. they could have easily put it as DLC for a quarter of $60. it was overhyped, overrated, and overall, to quote the Nerd, ".... a gleaming silver turd. It may not look like s**t, but it sure smells like it."
AtomicMetroid
AtomicMetroid
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by NextGen247 Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:25 pm

of course ODST is worse then uncharted it really doesnt take a smart person to figure that out.
NextGen247
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomo-Murphy Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:35 am

The ODST reviewer came up with so many negative points for the game, yet he still gives it a 9.0 ? ? Stupid fanboy reviewer ! Very Happy
Tomo-Murphy
Tomo-Murphy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down