The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews?

+5
LightyKD
Godwind
FaytSaratome
Jade789119
sikokiller
9 posters

Go down

what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews?

(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_lcap0%(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_lcap14%(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_lcap21%(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_lcap21%(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_lcap7%(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_lcap36%(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 14

(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Empty (random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews?

Post by sikokiller Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:50 am

since there the biggest hypocrite reviews on the net, im expecting they will give it a 3/5 like they give every other wii game.. like muramasa the demon blade lol.. the last time they gave a wii game a 5/5 was when No More Heroes was released i bet they gave it a 5/5 because of gore..

if you click stupid freaking poll, i told ya its random lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Empty Re: (random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews?

Post by Jade789119 Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:40 am

well if not biased i guess a 4/5 if biased a 3 or 2 lol if the game flops well again bad reveiw
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

(random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews? Empty Re: (random poll) what would xplay/G4 give the grinder in reviews?

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 am

besides GT, almost every reviewer that I found is biased towards the Wii. I found GT was slightly biased to The Conduit, but other then that they gave Wii games good reviews.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Dudes like you happen to be bias.

http://g4tv.com/games/wii/51331/the-conduit/review/

"OMGZ, HOW CAN U HATE TEH CONDUIT. LOOK AT TEH GRAPHICS."

I gave The Conduit a 4.5. Everything but the controls sucked.

When X-Play gives a game a 3/5, they usually see the game as a solid game.

In my personal opinion, I think a lot of people have been rather generous about giving this game a score.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Dudes like me? What about me? Also who are you quoting? No one. The Conduit just has points taken off like a short campaign when halo has a short campaign yet didn't get points off.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:34 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Dudes like me? What about me? Also who are you quoting? No one. The Conduit just has points taken off like a short campaign when halo has a short campaign yet didn't get points off.

Games have actually been getting shorter generally speaking. As much as I dislike Halo, The Conduit was far worst. Of course, referring to the campaign. At least Halo had some interesting ideas and did a fairly decent job implementing them. Think about about what High Voltage Software could have done with the game.

In effect, The Conduit has as much diversity a rented room with a bed, a table, a refrigerator and a toliet. Nothing but the bare minimal with nothing that exciting and just the things you would expect. FYI, the toilet is right by the bed. Halo is more like a studio apartment with a TV, basic cable, toliet paper (and a separate room for the bathroom) plus everything from that the rented room has.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 pm

I rather have a big mansion. RPGs ftw.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Hey, sikokiller, I voted "Stupid Freaking Poll". Don't take it personally, its nothing against you but EVERYTHING against G4. G4 is VERY biased against Nintendo. I lost all respect for them back during their early days. Do you remember a show they used to have called "Cinematech"? it was a showcase of game trailers and footage. Well they used to piss me off when they would show a multiplat game that we cubers know that were on our system and they would clearly neglect to list the Gamecube version!!! Stuff like that is BAD journalism! Hell I run a Nintendo blog but I don't totally neglect the existence of the rival companies. If X-Play gets their hands on The Grinder, they are going to find all sorts of excuses to rip into it. If I want nintendo related shows, I'll stick with the Nintendo Channel. Heck, "Nintendo Week" is starting to become a pretty cool show and Dark Gary rulz!
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:54 pm

LightyKD wrote:Hey, sikokiller, I voted "Stupid Freaking Poll". Don't take it personally, its nothing against you but EVERYTHING against G4. G4 is VERY biased against Nintendo. I lost all respect for them back during their early days. Do you remember a show they used to have called "Cinematech"? it was a showcase of game trailers and footage. Well they used to piss me off when they would show a multiplat game that we cubers know that were on our system and they would clearly neglect to list the Gamecube version!!! Stuff like that is BAD journalism! Hell I run a Nintendo blog but I don't totally neglect the existence of the rival companies. If X-Play gets their hands on The Grinder, they are going to find all sorts of excuses to rip into it. If I want nintendo related shows, I'll stick with the Nintendo Channel. Heck, "Nintendo Week" is starting to become a pretty cool show and Dark Gary rulz!
I agree. I've became very interested in Nintendo Week. I can't watch G4 anymore because of their biasedness to Nintendo.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Because you guys assume that X-Play is bias toward the Wii let me prove you wrong with some reviews for Wii games. *Ahem*

Dead Space Extraction: 4/5, a lot better than I expected seeing as it's a rail shooter, and they gave very fair reasons for it not getting a 5/5

Little King's Story: 4/5 Even though it seems like another kiddy game for the Wii they gave it a fair review and didn't just assume it was a bad game.

Grand Slam Tennis: 4/5 Not a Wii exclusive but the only one they have reviewed, they again praised Wii Motion Plus. Man, these guys hate the Wii so much they must hate Wii Motion Plus too, right?

Boom Blox Bash Party: 5/5 Another great game on the Wii given ANOTHER fair review. I honestly don't see what is so bias about X-Play...

But if you're still convinced their bias i'll go on.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10: 5/5 Wii Motion Plus is praised here again.

Punch-Out: 4/5 fair review, that's what I would of given it.

MadWorld: 4/5

Final Fantasy CC: EoT: 4/5

And there are more! A lot of Wii exclusives get good/great reviews from X-Play. The Conduit deserved a 3/5, bad multiplayer (Buggy) and mediocre/short storyline, but with solid controls.

House of Dead Overkill: 4/5

Wii Sports Resort: 5/5 They praised the controls and gameplay, good Wii game that got a fair review.

I can keep going, but you probably won't want to hear me go on. Also, you shouldn't predict what a reviewer is going to rate a game as, before you've played it or experienced it. It could be a bad game, but because it's on the Wii you all assume it's going to be great. If anyone is bias it's you guys, and I'm getting sick of it to be perfectly honest.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Ciflit wrote:Because you guys assume that X-Play is bias toward the Wii let me prove you wrong with some reviews for Wii games. *Ahem*

Dead Space Extraction: 4/5, a lot better than I expected seeing as it's a rail shooter, and they gave very fair reasons for it not getting a 5/5

Little King's Story: 4/5 Even though it seems like another kiddy game for the Wii they gave it a fair review and didn't just assume it was a bad game.

Grand Slam Tennis: 4/5 Not a Wii exclusive but the only one they have reviewed, they again praised Wii Motion Plus. Man, these guys hate the Wii so much they must hate Wii Motion Plus too, right?

Boom Blox Bash Party: 5/5 Another great game on the Wii given ANOTHER fair review. I honestly don't see what is so bias about X-Play...

But if you're still convinced their bias i'll go on.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10: 5/5 Wii Motion Plus is praised here again.

Punch-Out: 4/5 fair review, that's what I would of given it.

MadWorld: 4/5

Final Fantasy CC: EoT: 4/5

And there are more! A lot of Wii exclusives get good/great reviews from X-Play. The Conduit deserved a 3/5, bad multiplayer (Buggy) and mediocre/short storyline, but with solid controls.

House of Dead Overkill: 4/5

Wii Sports Resort: 5/5 They praised the controls and gameplay, good Wii game that got a fair review.

I can keep going, but you probably won't want to hear me go on. Also, you shouldn't predict what a reviewer is going to rate a game as, before you've played it or experienced it. It could be a bad game, but because it's on the Wii you all assume it's going to be great. If anyone is bias it's you guys, and I'm getting sick of it to be perfectly honest.
No....not at all. >.> I'm getting sick of people like you who assumes things about me.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I said you guys, as is people who always assume every Wii game is going to be great, I didn't say your name specifically. But if you do assume every Wii game is going to be great than you are bias.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Ciflit wrote:I'm pretty sure I said you guys, as is people who always assume every Wii game is going to be great, I didn't say your name specifically. But if you do assume every Wii game is going to be great than you are bias.
I don't. I'm just tired of people downing Wii games just because it's on the Wii. And usually I hear something bad said about the Wii everywhere I go.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Ciflit wrote:I'm pretty sure I said you guys, as is people who always assume every Wii game is going to be great, I didn't say your name specifically. But if you do assume every Wii game is going to be great than you are bias.
I don't. I'm just tired of people downing Wii games just because it's on the Wii. And usually I hear something bad said about the Wii everywhere I go.
You mean like *Epic Mickey art and the like is shown* "Cool!" *a week later announced Wii exclusive* "Never mind..."
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Well I'm talking about X-Play, not everyone else. All I was doing is defending X-Play, and proving that X-Play doesn't give games bad reviews just because it's on the Wii.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:I rather have a big mansion. RPGs ftw.

Don't you mean a grind house?

LightyKD wrote:Hey, sikokiller, I voted "Stupid Freaking Poll". Don't take it personally, its nothing against you but EVERYTHING against G4. G4 is VERY biased against Nintendo. I lost all respect for them back during their early days. Do you remember a show they used to have called "Cinematech"? it was a showcase of game trailers and footage. Well they used to piss me off when they would show a multiplat game that we cubers know that were on our system and they would clearly neglect to list the Gamecube version!!! Stuff like that is BAD journalism! Hell I run a Nintendo blog but I don't totally neglect the existence of the rival companies. If X-Play gets their hands on The Grinder, they are going to find all sorts of excuses to rip into it. If I want nintendo related shows, I'll stick with the Nintendo Channel. Heck, "Nintendo Week" is starting to become a pretty cool show and Dark Gary rulz!

I don't care much for G4. They tend to be boring and distasteful. I happen to consider YOU guys far more biased than G4 but hell, apparently I'll be called a Xbox360/PS3 fanboy despite not own either. To be honest, The Grinder is looking worst than The Conduit. Unless they radically change it.

As for Nintendo Week, It is more corny than anything else. At the same time, that corniness is what makes Nintendo Week awesome.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 am

sikokiller wrote:since there the biggest hypocrite reviews on the net, im expecting they will give it a 3/5 like they give every other wii game.. like muramasa the demon blade lol.. the last time they gave a wii game a 5/5 was when No More Heroes was released i bet they gave it a 5/5 because of gore..

if you click stupid freaking poll, i told ya its random lol
i do agree that they were very hypocritical with the review of the conduit. everything that they said was wrong with the game is the same exact stuff thats wrong with just about every mainstream FPS thats out there. they only seemed to notice them with the conduit. i'm not sayin that the conduit shoulda got a 5/5(i hate FPS as a genra and don't intend to give this one credit for anything beyond provin that the wii CAN produce next-gen effects and visuals, and have WELL put together controls while deliverin a solid shooter on and offline)by any means, i'm just sayin that if they wanna give the conduit a 3/5 for havin a short campain(which is still longer then halo3 and killzone's), uninspired story(but still far more complex then halo's and killzone's), and AI(...i honestly don't understand peoples complaints here, the enemies where quite challengin to me and adapted to my play style), then they need to go back and address these SAME exact problems with the older shooters that they gave 5/5's to simply cause of the hype. cause literally EVERYTHING they said was bad about the conduit was just as bad if not worst on halo3.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:54 pm

I have my doubts that The Grinder is going to be any better than The Conduit, because so far it's looking like the exact same as The Conduit: same AI, same animations, same usage of gameplay. But I'll still buy it anyway because HVS knows what they are doing when making any kind of game for the Wii. But if the next FPS after The Grinder comes out, and looks like the exact same as the other two, that's when I'll stop buying their FPS games. Unless, like Godwind says, they "radically" change the game style in the next FPS.

I'm not biased towards any game on any console, btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:I have my doubts that The Grinder is going to be any better than The Conduit, because so far it's looking like the exact same as The Conduit: same AI, same animations, same usage of gameplay. But I'll still buy it anyway because HVS knows what they are doing when making any kind of game for the Wii. But if the next FPS after The Grinder comes out, and looks like the exact same as the other two, that's when I'll stop buying their FPS games. Unless, like Godwind says, they "radically" change the game style in the next FPS.

I'm not biased towards any game on any console, btw.
You do know what we seen was just made in a few weeks using what The Conduit had, not what was upgraded in the engine?
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:03 pm

@FaytSaratome
Really? Well that explains a lot (not being sarcastic or anything). Is there a recent video that doesn't make it look like The Conduit?

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:@FaytSaratome
Really? Well that explains a lot (not being sarcastic or anything). Is there a recent video that doesn't make it look like The Conduit?
After that, HVS has been pretty quite about The Grinder since then. I'll have to look it up to see if anything has been updated.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:55 pm

remeber im not saying they are biased but there is more then one person reviewing on a site and one of them could be biased
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

3/5
1/5 for being on the Wii, and the other 2/5 for a SEGA game.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down