The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

funny isn't it?

+3
sikokiller
Jade789119
RollingSilver
7 posters

Go down

funny isn't it? Empty funny isn't it?

Post by RollingSilver Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm

i found this on nintendoeverything:

On a recent episode of Attack of the Show, Morgan Webb and Blair Herter discussed Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. The two eventually moved on to the topic of A Crack in Time being one of the very few action-platformers available on the market. Webb felt that in some ways, Super Mario Galaxy may be a bit like an action-platformer, but also stated that the game “feels like its aimed so much for kids.” She went on, implying that it’s sort of insulting to play Galaxy as an adult.

“…And let’s be honest, there are no other action-platformers out there…This is it, this is it…This is the only game out there for people who like action-platformers. I mean, I guess Mario Galaxy, but Mario Galaxy feels like its aimed so much for kids. Whereas this is like for everyone, but you feel like you’re not being insulted when playing it as an adult.

Personally, I don’t believe Galaxy (nor Rachet and Clank) is the least bit insulting, regardless of one’s age. Obviously children have played the game, but so have plenty of adults.

Thanks to Zero0 for the news tip!
[i]

insulting for an adult's intelligence to play mario? meh, i don't care, i'll be 20 in a couple of months but i still love mario games. i still like morgan webb though, i think she's funny
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

funny isn't it? Empty Re: funny isn't it?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Let's see, Mario is a video game. Adults play video games so I don't see how it's insulting to be playing a video game when one is an adult. Mario hasn't stopped adults from playing his games in the past, why should it now? Mario has always been aimed for EVERYONE, and not just kids or adults.

Man, people weren't complaining about Nintendo in the past, why are they now? What's wrong with them trying something NEW for a change? I'll bet if Nintendo were to release their supposedly "new" console with supposedly "HD" stuff, it'll get everyone complaining to shut up.

I'm just expressing my thoughts on this, I'm not trying to attack anyone or anything here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:34 pm

id rather play super mario galaxy 2 over Cod MW 2 or any new ratchet and clank. The game is just to good not to play
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:06 am

man my older brother has mario galaxy and hes 27, yep its for kids alright lol.. man i feel so insulted by these people calling mario games for kids, don't they know? E means for Everyone... it doesn't say K for Kids (sarcasm)
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:08 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:Let's see, Mario is a video game. Adults play video games so I don't see how it's insulting to be playing a video game when one is an adult. Mario hasn't stopped adults from playing his games in the past, why should it now? Mario has always been aimed for EVERYONE, and not just kids or adults.

Man, people weren't complaining about Nintendo in the past, why are they now? What's wrong with them trying something NEW for a change? I'll bet if Nintendo were to release their supposedly "new" console with supposedly "HD" stuff, it'll get everyone complaining to shut up.

I'm just expressing my thoughts on this, I'm not trying to attack anyone or anything here.

i couldnt agree more Jaques
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 am

No, they were wrong. What is insulting is her. She is a disgrace to the gaming race and must be sacrificed to please the higher powers of gaming.

EDIT: Adam didn't say anything because it would ruin the episode.

Last edited by soaringdive on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:03 pm

My dads like 35 and he likes playing Mario anytime
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 pm

i'm 21 and mario is STILL my favorite platfomer ever, and yes i'd GLADLY take mario over ratchet and clank. insultin for adults...you know, i've been sayin that the gamin industry is gettin worst and this just shows it more. first sign was the industry PRAISIN the halo series despite its mediocrity, now all of a sudden mario is just for kids(even though kids could barely beat any of the games), and now uncharted 2 is on the verge of beatin out OoT as greatest game ever made...i may get flammed or looked down on for this but uncharted 2 was NOT THAT GOOD! granted it was a good game, but i'd gladly take OoT, any metroid, mass effect, re4, and quite a few others over uncharted 2. the game was good but i think callin it the greatest game ever made is takin it TOO far. personally, i think this is the industry findin any reason to get back on sony's sack, what they've been longin to do for years but couldn't cause the ps3 not sellin that well at the time.

Last edited by darkwingdragon709 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm

"Fish guns are awesome!!!1!1!"
"Mario is kiddy"

The irony.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 pm

soaringdive wrote:"Fish guns are awesome!!!1!1!"
"Mario is kiddy"

The irony.

Yeah roight, a plumber tripping on shrooms and killing turtle with fire is kiddy.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:29 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:i'm 21 and mario is STILL my favorite platfomer ever, and yes i'd GLADLY take mario over ratchet and clank. insultin for adults...you know, i've been sayin that the gamin industry is gettin worst and this just shows it more. first sign was the industry PRAISIN the halo series despite its mediocrity, now all of a sudden mario is just for kids(even though kids could barely beat any of the games), and now uncharted 2 is on the verge of beatin out OoT as greatest game ever made...i may get flammed or looked down on for this but uncharted 2 was NOT THAT GOOD! granted it was a good game, but i'd gladly take OoT, any metroid, mass effect, re4, and quite a few others over uncharted 2. the game was good but i think callin it the greatest game ever made is takin it TOO far. personally, i think this is the industry findin any reason to get back on sony's sack, what they've been longin to do for years but couldn't cause the ps3 not sellin that well at the time.

agreed man games are getting worse. The mario zelda and metriod still great series but alot of games like halo are really easy to beat with short stories. its all about multiplayer now witch i think is ruining gaming
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down