The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT THE HELL!!!

+8
eman453
Jade789119
sikokiller
SpaniardGamer
Ciflit
Permafry_42
RollingSilver
darkwingdragon709
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHAT THE HELL!!! Empty WHAT THE HELL!!!

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:29 pm

DID YOU GUYS SEE IGN'S REVIEW FOR MW:R?!! somethin's fishy about this. i've seen atleast 8 different ingame vids for the game to see that there were little to NO dips in the frame rate EVEN online. the graphics were WELL done, i HAVE MW for 360 and compared them, aside from reflex not havin the same level of texture quality the games are FREAKIN IDENTICAL right down to the high action seens. and someone tell me how the HELL the accuracy and controls can be bad when you can FREAKIN REMAP THEN COMPLETELY?!!! from what i saw, its EXACTLY the same as the conduit's...the same feature they praised.

am i the only one who thinks that somethin is funny about this review? bozon even had the galls to say that WaW had better graphics then reflex...WAW LOOKED LIKE AN N64 GAME!!! considerin how LOW my expectations were for reflex, i can't believe i'm defendin this port, but i know when somethin is bein screwed. i'll even be as bold as to say that reflex is visually one of the best lookin wii games to date(considerin its port status and WAAAY lower amount of dev time and fundin) and completely impressed me. i don't know what the hells goin on, but this was fishy right from the start with bozon's hands-on, and his outta nowhere review for MW2...how did HE review the game? bozon is on ign's nintendo team and only reviews wii and DS games, how did he get to review a 360 game? another funny thing, after readin the 100 somethin comments, literally EVERYONE who got reflex(includin those that beat it and rented it)all said that there were NO such frame rate drops in neither the campaign OR the multiplayer. and they all pretty much said that its hard to see much of a difference from the 360/ps3 version visually.

Last edited by darkwingdragon709 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE HELL!!! Empty Re: WHAT THE HELL!!!

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Two words: CALM DOWN!

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:42 pm

take a deep breath. inhale....exhale. get a glass of water now.

joking aside, yeah, i thought the review was fishy enough because i've seen a lot of leaked footages and the graphics are great, for a port. not to mention they used pics from the pre-beta footages like morons. as for the review itself, that was a little low coming from bozon, but i can't blame him since he's got modern warfare 2 stuck in his mind. i bet he wanted to review the game fast so he can get back playing mw2.

looking at the game myself, i'd give it a solid 8, even though i haven't played it yet. the visuals look neat, the gun seems to move well seeing as how it's controlled, and the online looks very cool and fast-paced.
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:Two words: CALM DOWN!
.....*SIGH*....i'm sorry. its just that this pissed me off. if i wasn't black, my face would be red as blood right now.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 pm

It's alright, I'm just as shocked as you are. How can IGN say WaW was better when the Wii now has the best COD game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 pm

My conspiracy theory is that Microsoft paid off IGN again.That, or IGN are fucktards that are way too biased.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:13 pm

this crap urks me to no end. fact of the matter is, the game shoulda NEVER been a port in the first place. it shoulda been released on the wii right from the start, givin it the same amount of dev time and fundin right along with the other versions...but instead IW thought it was better to ditch the wii cause its "inferior" and can't produce the same film-like effect as 360/ps3...then turn around and put not one, but BOTH MW games on the DS...what the HELL kinda sense does that make.

do you know whats gonna happen now? the game was already doomed to low sales simply for bein 2yrs late, now sales are gonna be even worst due to absolutely NO kinda media attention, it was released alongside MW2(VERY stupid move) givin it even LESS attention, and now its got a bad review behind it as well. there's no way reflex can succeed now, which pretty much dooms ths wii's chances of gettin any upcommin main series CoD games, AND IW will have won this little feud with treyarch...they're probably sittin back LOLin right now at treyarch and wii owners sayin..."we TOLD you CoD will never have a place on the wii...NICE EPIC FAIL TREYARCH, stay away from our games."

Last edited by darkwingdragon709 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:My conspiracy theory is that Microsoft paid off IGN again.That, or IGN are fucktards that are way too biased.
better yet, i bet INFINITY WARD payed them off and even threw in a chance for bozon to get extra journalist time by lettin him review MW2...a game that he shoulda had NOTHIN to do with outside of pure consumer enjoyment.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 pm

...Why does it matter if Modern Warfare 2 is out right now? Seriously, just go buy that game instead.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:31 pm

We need Matt back in the Nintendo IGN Team. He did good reviews, way better than Bozon.

Ciflit wrote:...Why does it matter if Modern Warfare 2 is out right now? Seriously, just go buy that game instead.

Because, people don't have the money to buy it, or they have run out of copies for it. Ever thought of that?
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:39 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:We need Matt back in the Nintendo IGN Team. He did good reviews, way better than Bozon.

Ciflit wrote:...Why does it matter if Modern Warfare 2 is out right now? Seriously, just go buy that game instead.

Because, people don't have the money to buy it, or they have run out of copies for it. Ever thought of that?

my bet is he hasn't.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 pm

It said he did, but he became Top Editor, or that's what I heard from IGN. Probably it changed, I don't know.
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
SpaniardGamer wrote:We need Matt back in the Nintendo IGN Team. He did good reviews, way better than Bozon.

my bet is he hasn't.
...It's $10 more. And no stores I know of ran out of copies for it, including my local game-stop and Wal-Mart.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Ciflit wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

my bet is he hasn't.
...It's $10 more. And no stores I know of ran out of copies for it, including my local game-stop and Wal-Mart.

lucky you then. while i have a PC and a PS3, i would only want to play a shooter on either Wii or PC. therefore, i either need to upgrade my PC to about a $500 computer, get a new $500 computer, or i just buy the Wii version of the game (assuming i get it at all.)
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

i might go out drink beer until i passout after seeing that review,

im waiting for gamespots reviews, i got my money on that they will give it a 6.5.. i hate gamespots reviews there even worse.
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
Ciflit wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

my bet is he hasn't.

lucky you then. while i have a PC and a PS3, i would only want to play a shooter on either Wii or PC. therefore, i either need to upgrade my PC to about a $500 computer, get a new $500 computer, or i just buy the Wii version of the game (assuming i get it at all.)
So you will give up on playing possibly the best shooter this year because you don't like controllers? That's pretty silly.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Ciflit wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:
Ciflit wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

my bet is he hasn't.

So you will give up on playing possibly the best shooter this year because you don't like controllers? That's pretty silly.

would you be willing to play basketball with only your feet? It is possible for me to do reasonable at FPS games with a game contoller, but i do a lot better with a keyboard and mouse. controls can make all the difference in the world.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm just sayin', getting MW2 is worth having to play with a controller.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Ciflit wrote:I'm just sayin', getting MW2 is worth having to play with a controller.

my brother has it, so if i feel like playing it so much then i can just watch him play the game (we did the same thing with halo and Uncharted 2, though i showed him Uncharted 2))
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:51 pm

personally its consolism at its worst lol Razz they are mad because a game people praised the HD consoles for is on wii and it turned out good. Now i have to admit i know the wii can handle more players and wii speak but the time wasn't there. And people have said cod 4 was better then 6 donno why i cant judge them they are to similar flaws and advantages in both but the review was a little wack. Now when CoD 7 come to wii you can expect it will have wii speak and due to timing no DLC maps probably Sad We will see better visuals and more players in game. Mabye even ground war. I think Reflex is up to par with the original and with the controls it felt even better to sneak around on single player. made me feel more like i was there. Altho call of duties immersion is no where near metriod prime but still i felt more into the game on wii then 360
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Jade789119 wrote:personally its consolism at its worst lol Razz they are mad because a game people praised the HD consoles for is on wii and it turned out good. Now i have to admit i know the wii can handle more players and wii speak but the time wasn't there. And people have said cod 4 was better then 6 donno why i cant judge them they are to similar flaws and advantages in both but the review was a little wack. Now when CoD 7 come to wii you can expect it will have wii speak and due to timing no DLC maps probably Sad We will see better visuals and more players in game. Mabye even ground war. I think Reflex is up to par with the original and with the controls it felt even better to sneak around on single player. made me feel more like i was there. Altho call of duties immersion is no where near metriod prime but still i felt more into the game on wii then 360
couldn'ta said it better. i think IW(and every other wii basher)is upset now cause a "second rate" dev like treyarch not only proved them wrong(these guys said that MW and its engine simply couldn't run on the wii PERIOD due to it bein "inferior") about the wii not bein able to run the game, they also showed them up by makin a port with ATLEAST 3x less dev time, WAAAY less budget, AND way less experience with the series...all on "inferior tech". reflex also makes IW look like either liers, racist against the wii(devs lose some credibility if known for unreasonable hatred for consoles), or just down right lazy devs who simply didn't wanna take the time to merely take a game and rework controls and visuals. which of these makes them look worst? cause they ALL sound bad to me.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by eman453 Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:40 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:Two words: CALM DOWN!
.....*SIGH*....i'm sorry. its just that this pissed me off. if i wasn't black, my face would be red as blood right now.

HAHAHA lol! DYING

eman453
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Ign: Wii Hater Central
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

https://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm

To me wii haters lost their credibility as devs or reviewers. If they keep up what they are doing they'll become some of the most hated developers by wii owners. I already dont like infinity ward for not even trying not to mention reflex gives cod 4 a whole new edge that made it more fun for me to play.Most people probably wont agree but i like it ore on wii then my 360 the controls just make it 5 X better. and visuals probably take off 1 point in my book. Visuals are worth 10 % of my reviews and even so reflex looked great. Some moments on campaign look top notch. and easly "next gen graphics" hate the term
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamina#1 Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:20 am

there's 2 things i dont like in reflex:
1.the enemy isnt displayed on a map,there's only the little compass thingy which shows the objective's.
2.killing muslims isnt very fun.
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hazif95

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next