The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet)

+6
SiLeNtDo0m
MetaSmashBro
Jade789119
darkwingdragon709
AxelDemon
RollingSilver
10 posters

Go down

The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet) Empty The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet)

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:16 pm

http://gameinformer.com/games/call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reflex/b/wii/archive/2009/11/13/review-modern-warfare-reflex-review.aspx

Of course, they talk about the graphics and controls and yadda-yadda-yadda.

But wait until you read the very last sentence of the review, and especially the "Playability" section. Don't know if they're joking or not, but either way, it's still a very stupid thing to say, considering how HVS and Nintendo have made nearly the best FPS control schemes so far on the Wii.

6.5/10 score, btw.

Back to top Go down

The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet) Empty Re: The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet)

Post by RollingSilver Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:57 am

"Ultimately, however, Reflex is proof that if there’s a way to make an FPS work on the Wii, no one has found it yet."

Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Conduit, and Red Steel 2 says hi! These people also had the gull to use the pre-beta (?) pics instead of the real ones. Is it just me or have I been seeing that same pic in every review?
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet) Empty Re: The Stupidest COD4: Reflex Review Ever (if no one else has found it yet)

Post by AxelDemon Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:55 am

Of course theyre gonna use it to put down the wii
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

https://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 pm

RollingSilver wrote:"Ultimately, however, Reflex is proof that if there’s a way to make an FPS work on the Wii, no one has found it yet."

Metroid Prime Trilogy, The Conduit, and Red Steel 2 says hi! These people also had the gull to use the pre-beta (?) pics instead of the real ones. Is it just me or have I been seeing that same pic in every review?
its not even just that. so far i've noticed a HUGE difference between reviewer's gameplay vids and the gameplay vids i watch on youtube. the reviewer vids ALL look like pre-beta footage while the youtube vids look smoother, facepaced, and absolutely NO framerate drops at all. i can't help but think that somethin is wrong here. i gotta get this game to see it in person cause the vids on review sites all look just as bad as WaW did when actual people all said that it looks VASTLY better then WaW.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:25 pm

thats a BS reveiw i found everything he said about the controls aimed at a 360 version i find reflex controls great and responsive and compleatly customizable. They could of change the buttons if they dont like it
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Did they really say FPS's are not good for Wii?? And how come I've been seeing the same pics in every review as well.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SiLeNtDo0m Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:33 am

I think reviewers should really start reviewing this game for what it actually is rather than constantly comparing it with the 360 and PS3 versions.
SiLeNtDo0m
SiLeNtDo0m
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:36 pm

i found it better then ps3 and 360 fps is only good on pc and wii IMO
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:51 pm

It's why I don't listen to reviewers anymore. I will sometimes go on GT.com just to watch videos to see if a game interests me. I'll watch their reviews just to get someone's opinion.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:03 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:It's why I don't listen to reviewers anymore. I will sometimes go on GT.com just to watch videos to see if a game interests me. I'll watch their reviews just to get someone's opinion.

Giantbomb still kicks ass. A lot of reviews from IGN have been burning my wallet of bad games. Part of it has to do with scoring reviews. A good number of reviews seem to have inflated scores which usually don't meet my expectations. I have been more dependent on reading the reviews than actually depending on a score (which were formerly reliable).

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:05 pm

I never care about scores.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:39 am

yea its much better to look for games that appeal to you
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:34 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:I never care about scores.

You should. The Gatekeepers need to control your soul.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Scores smores. I care about the enjoyability of a game, not if it has a high score. I'm a big fan of RPGs yet reviewers usually score them low and they are tons of fun.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:39 am

this is just a guess but i think these are the sort of wanker reviewers that think oh wii game it's gonna get a shit score
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 pm

nintendorocks wrote:this is just a guess but i think these are the sort of wanker reviewers that think oh wii game it's gonna get a shit score

guy who reviewed it is usually on nintendo mabye he has always be bit biased?
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

nintendorocks wrote:this is just a guess but i think these are the sort of wanker reviewers that think oh wii game it's gonna get a shit score

trust me man gameinformer are a bunch of tossers for wii owners, i mean theirs not even a reason for nintendo fans to go there

anyway wtf? they said wii hasn't had a fps game that worked properly? are they blind? The Conduit is the best controls ive ever seen so far and they say that? i guess they suck with wii controls, only wii owners knows how to use the controls properly of the wii, man these websites need a nintendo fan to review these games that knows about the wii controls
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:18 am

and he better not bring graphics into this subject.. he should get fired from gameinformer for saying this,

"Make no mistake, Reflex is often times a downright ugly game. At its best, the graphics are passable"

i don't think reviewers are aloud to mention graphics these days... this is the kinda stuff that pisses nintendo fans off
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 am

Look at Megaman 9, it was 8bit but did people complain about it's graphics and score it low? No. So why should 3D games get scored low for graphics?
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Speaking of graphics, I just saw a Best Buy commercial promoting the 360 MW2 and guess what two employees said for the reasons as a great game to buy?

"It's got great graphics and the best online community!" That's all they said. It made me laugh, especially at the "great graphics" part because that's all they really could say about the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm

graphic whores = isnsta loose thats like my bro now first thing he mentions about a game is graphics.

he gets a demo tests it hmmm got good graphics i think i want it -_- it was a crappy game to say the least it looked awful bad controls and gameplay
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down