The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for. Move Along..."

2 posters

Go down

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for.  Move Along..." Empty Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for. Move Along..."

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Well Jigsaw has made my day even worse for me for he has taken over my account and forced me to write this review or else I'll be reviewing another terrible game. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, look in "The Lounge.") Well, let's get to it then:

If you thought I was done with Krome Studios, you couldn't be far from wrong. As I've said with my Wii Version of "Star Wars: TFU" review, I've only given them a slap in the face. Why? Because with "Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels," this game has shown truly how the developer is lazy with the Wii, and this time Lucasarts is not only to blame for this game. Not only did Krome promise us Wii owners "the ultimate lightsaber game we've been waiting for," they promised MotionPlus as well.

Well I'm sorry to say this, but Krome Studios has lied to us Wii owners, and what do they give us instead? Not even 1/4 of a game, but 1/6 with absolutely no MotionPlus:

Story 2/10: While I do like the 3D animated tv series and movie, the story in the game does not even line up with it at all. Most battles in the game don't even take place in the series and will often leave you confused as to where the story is heading. Not even the episodes in the game are chronological to the series and will jump back and forth from the movie to the series.

Sound 5/10: The voice actors from the series reprise their roles here, which fits very well. The music is good too. However, the dialogue is just plain awful and you will hear repeating one-liners over and over and over again until your ears bleed.

Graphics 3/10: I could say that the graphics fit well for the Wii, but if you look at facial expressions on the characters' faces close up, I think you'll be looking at the equivalent of Barbie Dolls. Characters themselves are also horrible whether far away or not, but the environments look a little better.

Controls 5/10: While they do work, MotionPlus could've made a great opportunity for this to be like what Krome has said. Sadly, the MotionPlus is a lie. The controls offer a lot less than what "TFU" had, and they have been made ever so simplied to the point where you don't even have to look at the TV to know what you're doing.

Gameplay 1/10: Very short campaign, repetitive battles, 26 easy challenges, only 9 characters from the series, 4 difficulties which are not even hard at all, oversimplified controls, clashes are a complete mess, no MotionPlus, no Yoda, hardly any Force Using, and a cheat menu that literally doesn't even exist even though it says there's one. All for the cost of $50. Is there multiplayer, at least?

Oh yes there is 1/10: No online support, no MotionPlus, and once again you can't play against bots. Yep, it's time to drag your Star-Wars-hating brother into the room so you can play the darn thing.

Overall 1-4/10: I understand that "The Clone Wars" is mainly entitled to the younger audience, but really, lying to the consumers of the existence of MotionPlus? That's just sad Krome Studios. That's really sad. I don't think even Factor 5 would want to touch this project unless LucasArts would let them at least have MotionPlus in it. Scratch that, Factor 5 would not even want to go near this game period.

Don't buy this game even if you're a die-hard Star Wars fan like myself. In fact, don't even think about it...at all.

Well until Jigsaw decides to give my account back, I'm stuck with either reviewing "Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes" or "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" if you guys can suffer Jigsaw's game long enough. (Again, see "The Lounge.")

Ta-ta, for now.

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for.  Move Along..." Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for. Move Along..."

Post by SpaniardGamer Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:18 pm

That's why I believe that game is only for little kids.
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for.  Move Along..." Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels "is Not the 'Ultimate Lightsaber Game' You are Looking for. Move Along..."

Post by SoaringDive Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 pm

My bro got this for christmas last year, we learned the hard way that it sucked bad. Good thing neither of us wasted money on it (although whoever got it for him did).
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down