The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My offical blog.

4 posters

Go down

My offical blog. Empty My offical blog.

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Rather then make a new thread every time I need to voice something, I'll just put my thoughts here to avoid making an unecesarily high amount of threads. This will be mostly video game related so you'll probably enjoy it, although there will be times when I branch out.

It would be rude for me to start with nothing so I'll get something out now:
December 14, 2009:

IGN may have pushed me to the limits. Being on the site for six months, I thought it was a decent community for the most parts. Sure there were the occasional trolls, but they didn't bother me much.

Then came the infamous "Nintendo Can't Explain Why Core Games Don't Sell" thread. It was a nice article and I was about to give my thoughts on why they don't sell well. However, I could not do that because why? They blame Nintendo for it. Not just partially, for most people, it's all Nintendo's fault and some even gave Nintendo the middle fingers and preached about how awful Nintendo is and all that ****. That was the beginning of IGN's downhill for me.

It got worse. More trolls arrived, more troll threads came into existances, and Nintendo Wii's fans are hurt in the process. Not to mention when Matt left the Nintendo team did we realize that he hated the Nintendo Wii. I could not believe it. He was one of the most prominent members on the team.

But it didn't stop there. A week ago, the worst thread to ever grace the Wii Lobby came into existance. This ****ed me off so much that I felt like crying. It was called "Nintendo is Lazy and You Don't Care". I disagreed with everything said on the article. It was bias, it was poorly executed, and worst of all, 2,000 posts of anti-Nintendo messages. I kid you not, there are over 2,000 posts on that thread, it's unbelieveable. Why they don't lock it is a shame. Not to mention almost all of the 2,000 posts are people saying how much they hate Nintendo, want Nintendo to leave the console manufacturing business, and that they gave up on Nintendo. The one I consider the most offensive is here:

“This is, by far, the greatest article I have EVER READ on this website. This hit ever single note dead on. This is exactly how I have been feeling and what I have been voicing for 2 years. Nintendo has found a way to be cheap and profit off of it. The only thing that makes me smile is when I think about the day the Wii stops selling. Sure, Nintendo would have made their money already, but they are going to want to make more. The casual craze will die off, and Nintendo is going to have to come crawling back to the Hardcore Gamers who they have been ignoring for three years. The same Gamers that supported them for decades, only to be slapped in the face repeatedly by Nintendo over, and over again with these cheap games and tactics. When that day comes, I promise you, I will look the other way and turn Nintendo down. I have officially given up on Nintendo. If they want the dying "Casual" crowd, they can have it. I won't give them another dime of my money. You can bet on that."

See, this proves that out of all of the Nintendo hater, IGN habors one of the worst. I feel so offended by the post that I am making a video to some of the responses on that thread. You can count on this being on it.

Not only that, we should remember the disaterous episode 60th IGN Nintendo Podcast, which was basically bashing the system for no reasons. The situation is getting pretty sad.

And now they are attempting to change the site to be like Yahoo? I can tell you and promise you this. If IGN is indeed doing this, they can kiss my ***. I will leave the site and never return. I am so furious on how they are treating Nintendo, I don't know why I ever came. I remember trying to fight against the haters, but it's too late. All we can do now is watch IGN crumble under it's former self. It used to be decent, now it's pratically a nightmare.

If IGN does change the site to be like Yahoo!, I have three words. Permanently boycott IGN.

I'm glad Silokiller gave up his account to stand up to those bias people, at this point. I would rather have my account banned then stream the site anymore.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

My offical blog. Empty Re: My offical blog.

Post by lil boy blue 300 Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm

can't wait where are you posting it. just need some comformation
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 pm

lil boy blue 300 wrote:can't wait where are you posting it. just need some comformation

I will not keep things to one posts. Then it would take too long to read all of them. So I'm going to put new entires into my blog with new posts.

December 18, 2009: To be fair, my family won't be able to have much of a Christmas, which sucks. However, that doesn't mean I got nothing for the holiday. As a matter of fact, I got a game. It's called New Super Mario Bros. Wii, an highly anticapated game. Here's the story.

I received a Christmas Card from one of my neighbors sending me some money, $35 in fact. My grandmother decided I should use it on a Wii Point Card. However, I saw this as an oppertunity to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii. We decided to wait a day.

Today after the exams, my holiday break starts (I'm not coming to school tommorow, I'm not required to). So after lunch (Our school left early), me and my grandmother went to Gamestop. I was afraid of the poor customers service that they were rumored to have. To make sure I could afford the game, I sold three games I didn't play anymore (Mario Party 8, Mario & Sonic At the Olympic Games, and Tiger Wood PGA Tour '10). I got a Gamestop's Edge Card with $35 dollar on it. However, just when I was about to toss in the money for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, a female Gamestop owner said they were out and so were other Gamestop's. I was very disappointed. I thought all stores were out. However, not all hope were lost. Me and my grandmother decided to go to Target. I was expecting the same thing and so was my grandmother. However, luck came as we found tons of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Grining like a overly happy child, me and my grandmother paid for the game. I was so excited. Finally, I could play a possible Nintendo masterpiece. I was so excited that I after I got to my room almost immediately put it on the Wii Disc and played it for seventy-seven minutes. I am having a lot of fun with this game and believe I have made the right choice for my one game.

That's not my only Christmas purchase. I'll be getting a Wii Point Card depending if Super Smash Bros. comes out on the North American Virtual Console on December 21th. This should be a great holiday. Or should I start saving up for an PS3 now?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:“This is, by far, the greatest article I have EVER READ on this website. This hit ever single note dead on. This is exactly how I have been feeling and what I have been voicing for 2 years. Nintendo has found a way to be cheap and profit off of it. The only thing that makes me smile is when I think about the day the Wii stops selling. Sure, Nintendo would have made their money already, but they are going to want to make more. The casual craze will die off, and Nintendo is going to have to come crawling back to the Hardcore Gamers who they have been ignoring for three years. The same Gamers that supported them for decades, only to be slapped in the face repeatedly by Nintendo over, and over again with these cheap games and tactics. When that day comes, I promise you, I will look the other way and turn Nintendo down. I have officially given up on Nintendo. If they want the dying "Casual" crowd, they can have it. I won't give them another dime of my money. You can bet on that."

I wouldn't worry about posts like these. These are people who feel threatened by an audience unfamiliar to them. It is really just feelings similar to Xenophobia. The fear of the new generation overthrowing the old one.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Godwind wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:“This is, by far, the greatest article I have EVER READ on this website. This hit ever single note dead on. This is exactly how I have been feeling and what I have been voicing for 2 years. Nintendo has found a way to be cheap and profit off of it. The only thing that makes me smile is when I think about the day the Wii stops selling. Sure, Nintendo would have made their money already, but they are going to want to make more. The casual craze will die off, and Nintendo is going to have to come crawling back to the Hardcore Gamers who they have been ignoring for three years. The same Gamers that supported them for decades, only to be slapped in the face repeatedly by Nintendo over, and over again with these cheap games and tactics. When that day comes, I promise you, I will look the other way and turn Nintendo down. I have officially given up on Nintendo. If they want the dying "Casual" crowd, they can have it. I won't give them another dime of my money. You can bet on that."

I wouldn't worry about posts like these. These are people who feel threatened by an audience unfamiliar to them. It is really just feelings similar to Xenophobia. The fear of the new generation overthrowing the old one.

Besides, Nintendo is quite doing a good thing by bringing the "unfamiliar audience" to the gaming scene because then there would be more people playing games than letting the video game industry go back to the the Crash of 1983 (I think it was that year). But, Godwind is right. They're afraid of the new generation. But I welcome the new generation, more gamers, am I right?
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:26 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:
Godwind wrote:

Besides, Nintendo is quite doing a good thing by bringing the "unfamiliar audience" to the gaming scene because then there would be more people playing games than letting the video game industry go back to the the Crash of 1983 (I think it was that year). But, Godwind is right. They're afraid of the new generation. But I welcome the new generation, more gamers, am I right?

Yeah, they are doing an excellent thing by bringing in newer audiences. Let's hope they continue to flood in. I really welcome the new generation. If they hate Nintendo, then they should stop complaining about them.

December 18, 2009: I got a card (And a nice one while at it) with $25 in it. So far, I have $60, enough to buy a game. I know where to spend those money. At Gamestop and if I can afford it, an subscription to Game Informers. Also, I played New Super Mario Bros. Wii today, which is awesome. Sorry if I didn't have much to say.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Sorry for double posting, but this is probably the only way that I might be able to continue this thread.

December 21, 2009: It's been six days since I've been banned from IGN, but I don't care. At least I don't have to put up with them anymore. There are far better sites then them anyway for video game news.

Today is shaping up to be great. First off, Super Smash Bros. finally got released on the Virtual Console. I will be getting that game very soon. I remember playing this game and it was so much fun. After having to wait twelve months after the Japanese got it, it's finally here and I'm so grateful that it's now available.

Later today, I'm going to be watching Avatar 3D in the theater. This movie has been universally acclaimed, so heck, why not give it a try? And this isn't because it's the next big thing in movies. I'm a fan of the excellent Titanic movie by James Cameron, so I trust him that he can make the same magic with this movie.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Having to multi-post just to continue this thread sucks, because I could potentially get in trouble for this.

December 22, 2009: Hey guys, if you're reading, I'm setting up an Mario Kart Wii Tournament. Here is the link: https://thewiinetwork.forumotion.net/tourneys-f24/mario-kart-wii-tournament-t1216.htm

Let's hope that you enjoy the tournament!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:45 pm

I won't be around to be in the tournament Sad Well hopefully it'll turn out good
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:15 pm

December 23, 2009: Once again, I don't have much to say, but some is better then none, right?

Today at Gamestop, I got two Wii Point Cards. With that I got Super Smash Bros., Street Fighter Alpha 2, Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures, and will download [i]Sonic the Hedgehog 3 tommorow. I plan to gift a game to a friend.

SpaniardGamer wrote:I won't be around to be in the tournament Sad Well hopefully it'll turn out good
I really hope so. However, I'm really worried the same thing could happen here.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:23 pm

January 27, 2009: It's been since like forever since I updated this blog. However, I do announce my saving plans to get an Playstation 3, once I get a job. Here's my plan:

When I get a job, I plan on giving half of my money to my grandparents (They're having a difficult time paying the bills, so I have to do this) and with the money I keep, I will saving three-quarter of it to more important stuff such as food outside of campus on school days, school supplies (Having to borrow an graphic calculator now, since my family does not have one), etc. The rest will go to entertainment stuff, which the majority of it will go to video games.

A Playstation 3 cost $300 without taxes. Sales taxes in my region is 8.25%, which would equal it to $324.75. But that's going to have to be just 25% of the money I keep and I can go no further then 25%. Adding that up and I would need to have $1,299 before I can buy an Playstation 3. But that's just money for me. Remember, I have to give half of that to my family and no less. So adding $1,299 twice would bring it up to an grand total of $2,598.

Texas's minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. My goal is $2,598. I'm a student in my high school, so during the school year, I am planning to work no more then fifteen hours a week and certantly not over twenty hours. If I continue to work fifteen hours a week, I would earn $108.75. There are fourty weeks in a school year, right? In that case, I would make $4,350, which is more then enough for an Playstation 3, be able to help support myself, and my family, benefitting us all (You guys in the smallest amount).

Then I divided $2,598 by $108.75 to see when how many weeks it would be for me to get an Playstation 3. According to my math, it'll take twenty-four weeks.

My birthday is on April 20th. If I started to work on April 26th, I should be able to afford a Playstation 3 by late-October. This could be a long wait. However, this is not taken into account the more the doubled hours for summertimes, so if I'm lucky, I might have a Playstation 3 by late summer, but don't hold your breath, especially since wages are lower for minors like me in at least the first ninty days. Either way, I'm getting a Playstation 3, regardless.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:27 pm

February 12, 2010: I just made up my mind. I will be getting an Nintendo 64. Yes, an old console. As a matter of fact, I'll be getting it before I own an Playstation 3. But why that? Because the Nintendo 64 is my favorite video game system of all-time, I want to experience the many games that I want, and more. Also I'll be able to get it quicker.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not ditching a Playstation 3, but it will be delayed considerably. Don't expect me to have one until between Q4 2010 and Q2 2011.

I'm also making some changes to my plans. Half of my income I make will go to my family now, since they'll be able to help pay for college. Three-fourth of the money I keep will go to more important stuffs. The rest will go to entertainments. So that means that only one-eight of the money I make will go to entertainments.

Now what should I do with the entertainment money? Well, I think I have a plan.

While saving up money for an Nintendo 64, I'll dedicate 75% towards one and the rest towards Wii games. After that, 55% will go to a PS3, 20% will go to the Nintendo 64, 20% will go to the Nintendo Wii, and the other 5% will be used towards other entertainments stuffs.

Oh and good news. At the age of fourteen, you can work for minimum wages in Texas in an grocery store. I say this is good news for me and my family, since I'll be able to get more things earlier and it'll benefit my family faster. Considering my very high grade average, there is a chance that I might be able to start working before my 16th birthday this April.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 pm

February 15, 2010:

First off, I did an project on Rare (The video game company). I'll be sending it to my teacher tommorow.

Secondly, I've finally figured out how I'm going to get an Nintendo 64. Here are the steps I'm taking:

1. Figure out what I need with an Nintendo 64 console (Done)
2. What I need to learn about paying online (Done)
3. Set up a plan to get Nintendo 64 (Done)
4. Get a job and open an bank account. Also get an debit card.
5. Get enough money to afford an Nintendo 64.
6. Buy an Nintendo 64 with a game OR find someone to sell a Nintendo 64 to me.
7. Have fun with an Nintendo 64.

Bascially that.

Also, I would really apperatice it IF someone would post in here. You know, send an reply here. Thanks if you do.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:27 pm

April 2, 2010:
Hey guys, I'm back, sorry for the long absence, but I've been on other forums. Anyway, the good news is that I'm probably getting a job. My grandfather sent an application to Albertson and I'm really looking forward to working there. Now I just need to keep my grades up.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Nah, it's ok and good luck with Albertson
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down