The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell the story on how you got your wii!!

+10
Invaderzzim
Mark_Chaos
SpaniardGamer
Super Smash Bros. Fan
MetaSmashBro
darkwingdragon709
lil boy blue 300
Gyoza
TheRighteousFascist
Darrien
14 posters

Go down

Tell the story on how you got your wii!! Empty Tell the story on how you got your wii!!

Post by Darrien Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:36 pm

I woke up Christmas the year it was released and open a sponge bob wrapped present and ahhhh their was the wii!!! Very Happy
I remember hooking it up lol XD

how about you? Question
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Tell the story on how you got your wii!! Empty Re: Tell the story on how you got your wii!!

Post by TheRighteousFascist Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:42 pm

I think my brother got it for his birthday in 2007 (or maybe even 2006). We had some great times playing Wii Sports that day, and I had some great times with Super Mario Galaxy. We ended up selling that Wii in order to get an Xbox 360 in August of 2008, and my dad later moved in with a woman whose kid's had a Wii, so I still occasionally play it, but I'm more about the PS3 now.

Still, gotta love the Wii.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Tell the story on how you got your wii!! Empty Re: Tell the story on how you got your wii!!

Post by Gyoza Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Bought it online
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 pm

my brother broke my first 1 and I waited a few months then my mom finaly got it for me
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:14 pm

me and my cuz stayed up all night and went to gamestop for its midnight launch...had the SAME wii since then.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 pm

I woke up Christmas '06 with Wii Remotes, games, etc but no Wii. Then two months later, on February 23 (Yep, I remember), I was outside playing basketball in my backyard and my mom told me I had a package. So I opened it and it was a Wii. Then my friends stayed late and we played Wii Sports and Madden.

June '08. My Wii started to get disc errors becasue one of my friends kept knocking it down on accident. I didn't think anything was wrong because I always caught it with my foot or the wires caught it. The disc reader thingy broke completely in early July. I tried to get it repaired, but my mom kept forgetting to send it in. FOR 5 MONTHS. Then I sent it in on Dec 23 along with Smash Bros Brawl (there was a special thingy that checked both). Christmas day, I got a new Wii. New Years' Eve, I got my old Wii back. I added some of my old Wii friends again, then was forced to give the old Wii to my little brother. He broke that Wii last month (Mid Nov '09), but my Wii now is still brand new looking.

Luckily, I kept my Gamecube and I had an Xbox360 during those 5 months.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:28 pm

Here is my story:

On April 22, 2007: I really, really wanted an Nintendo Wii after hearing commercials about the system (I was disappointed in the Nintendo Gamecube, so I was basically a casual gamer back then). Motion controls really sold me. So me and my grandfather (On his bike) went to Best Buy and got the last Wii that they had. I got Wii Sports (Obviously) and Wii Play (Because I wanted an 2nd Wii Remote). It was relatively expensive to get all that, but it was well worth the wait and is an great system. Sure it's not perfect, but it's far superior to the Nintendo Gamecube in my opinion.

@Righteous Facist: I remember you from Playstation University. BTW, do you plan on getting an Wii anytime soon?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:21 pm

here's my story:
I was born with it
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:55 pm

Toy 'r us pre-order...
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Heh, I was dumb and didn't preorder and expected to get one the first day it came out anyways. Such a fool I was. I called stores for months asking if they were in stock. Finally one day on February 11, 2007, Target had one wii left in stock on a sunday morning. It had my name on it =P

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrien Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:52 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:here's my story:
I was born with it
lol Cool
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 pm

in April 2007 my brothers friend was teasing me because i don't own a wii yet, then i decided to get out my loan and buy it lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 am

I went to the store.
Parents took out wallet.
Parents bought it.
Went home.
Plugged it in.
Played Wii Sports and Wii Play for a month.
I played it.

Last edited by soaringdive on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 am

christmas 2007 i opened the wrapping and there it was my face light up
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:32 pm

I got a job, worked for a month, told them fuck you and bought my Wii. Nothing else to it.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down