The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about

4 posters

Go down

Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about Empty Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about

Post by Invaderzzim Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:52 pm

I remember awaiting the arrival of Revolution, today known as the Wii. It seemed like true virtual reality at the time, it seemed like the future. But the bitter truth of what the Wii really was, was a bit disappointing. Wii Sports was a highly overrated demo that people thought was amazing, but all you did was flick your Wii remote in the same direction, and half of the time it didn't even work, or if you'd move it to fast it would glitch out. Wii Sports Resort is the beginning of the true Wii, the Wii that everyone expected and wanted on release. It is the future we've been waiting for, it is the amazing controls that we bought this system for. This game completes the Wii, it gives us a REAL Wii Sports to play, instead of an over-hyped demo with terrible motion controls. With real sword battling and ping pong matches that include a lot more physics than simple flicking, Wii Sports Resort is a game that all Wii owners should experience, and what all Wii owners have been waiting for. Here's my first review, based on a scale 1-10, dedicated to Wii Sports Resort.

Presentation - 7.6
Immediately when you start up the game, you find yourself sky diving off a plane, just one of the many things you do in the game. Once you are complete, a small cut scene plays and shows the Wii Sports Resort Logo. Right away the player feels excited and uplifted by this experience. However, there isn't much to show in the main menu. It simply shows each sport and options available, nothing too over the top. Though the game may look very exciting at first, its presentation is nothing more special than other games.

Graphics - 8.9
Surprisingly, the graphics are actually impressive in this game. It uses some complicated graphics. Even though it may not look that much better than most of the other games with "Wii" in the title, it is actually one of the best graphically in that category. Not to mention that the island itself was very well created and designed.

Sound - 9.4
Although some sounds may be recycled from the past Wii Sports game, it provides many great sound effects that replicate real life sounds you would hear while playing these sports. The music is very inspirational and keeps you wanting to play even during the toughest of times when your hope is lost at a ping pong match, or you're losing stability in a cycling race. The music and interactive sound effects make this thing one of the big pluses to this game.

Gameplay - 9.6
There are tons of things to do in Wii Sports Resort. It may seem very small when you first enter the game, but there are several game modes and MANY challanges to complete. To get a high rank at every sport is something that takes a long time and is very challanging to even the best Wii Veterans. The plane gameplay is amazing, even after many times through it, something still drew me toward playing it several times more. Bowling and Golf have greatly improved since the previous game, as they provide a much easier way to play to avoid getting frustrated at unrealistic mistakes. Nintendo did a very good job on keeping this game fun.

Controls - 10
Here's the very best aspect of the game that pretty much sells it off immediately. Without this, Wii Sports Resort would be just another game. It provides a 1:1 ratio motion control, so accurate is the Wii Motion Plus with this game that every exact angle you put the Wii remote is detected and shown on the screen. Even though you have to occasionally calibrate, I find this new style of Wii controls amazing, and again, something all Wii owners need to experience. No company has achieved such an exact motion control yet, and it is a huge breakthrough in video gaming. The controls are perfect and this is what the Wii should have had when it came out. Now all Wii owners have the true motion sensing they always wanted.

Lasting Appeal - 9.5
This game wasn't flawless at lasting appeal, but it does last you for a very long time. It will leave you with countless hours trying to get your rank up, mastering a sport, and having the time of your life having the feel of being a swordsman or an archer. Its multi player will last you even longer than Wii Sports did, and this game is even more simple than Wii Sports, so your whole family can definitely play. It's so based on real life that anyone could just pick it up and start playing if they have never even touched a video game controller. You will be satisfied for quite a long time with this game, I assure it.

OVERALL SCORE

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about Empty Re: Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:I remember awaiting the arrival of Revolution, today known as the Wii. It seemed like true virtual reality at the time, it seemed like the future. But the bitter truth of what the Wii really was, was a bit disappointing. Wii Sports was a highly overrated demo that people thought was amazing, but all you did was flick your Wii remote in the same direction, and half of the time it didn't even work, or if you'd move it to fast it would glitch out. Wii Sports Resort is the beginning of the true Wii, the Wii that everyone expected and wanted on release. It is the future we've been waiting for, it is the amazing controls that we bought this system for. This game completes the Wii, it gives us a REAL Wii Sports to play, instead of an over-hyped demo with terrible motion controls. With real sword battling and ping pong matches that include a lot more physics than simple flicking, Wii Sports Resort is a game that all Wii owners should experience, and what all Wii owners have been waiting for. Here's my first review, based on a scale 1-10, dedicated to Wii Sports Resort.

Presentation - 7.6
Immediately when you start up the game, you find yourself sky diving off a plane, just one of the many things you do in the game. Once you are complete, a small cut scene plays and shows the Wii Sports Resort Logo. Right away the player feels excited and uplifted by this experience. However, there isn't much to show in the main menu. It simply shows each sport and options available, nothing too over the top. Though the game may look very exciting at first, its presentation is nothing more special than other games.

Graphics - 8.9
Surprisingly, the graphics are actually impressive in this game. It uses some complicated graphics. Even though it may not look that much better than most of the other games with "Wii" in the title, it is actually one of the best graphically in that category. Not to mention that the island itself was very well created and designed.

Sound - 9.4
Although some sounds may be recycled from the past Wii Sports game, it provides many great sound effects that replicate real life sounds you would hear while playing these sports. The music is very inspirational and keeps you wanting to play even during the toughest of times when your hope is lost at a ping pong match, or you're losing stability in a cycling race. The music and interactive sound effects make this thing one of the big pluses to this game.

Gameplay - 9.6
There are tons of things to do in Wii Sports Resort. It may seem very small when you first enter the game, but there are several game modes and MANY challanges to complete. To get a high rank at every sport is something that takes a long time and is very challanging to even the best Wii Veterans. The plane gameplay is amazing, even after many times through it, something still drew me toward playing it several times more. Bowling and Golf have greatly improved since the previous game, as they provide a much easier way to play to avoid getting frustrated at unrealistic mistakes. Nintendo did a very good job on keeping this game fun.

Controls - 10
Here's the very best aspect of the game that pretty much sells it off immediately. Without this, Wii Sports Resort would be just another game. It provides a 1:1 ratio motion control, so accurate is the Wii Motion Plus with this game that every exact angle you put the Wii remote is detected and shown on the screen. Even though you have to occasionally calibrate, I find this new style of Wii controls amazing, and again, something all Wii owners need to experience. No company has achieved such an exact motion control yet, and it is a huge breakthrough in video gaming. The controls are perfect and this is what the Wii should have had when it came out. Now all Wii owners have the true motion sensing they always wanted.

Lasting Appeal - 9.5
This game wasn't flawless at lasting appeal, but it does last you for a very long time. It will leave you with countless hours trying to get your rank up, mastering a sport, and having the time of your life having the feel of being a swordsman or an archer. Its multi player will last you even longer than Wii Sports did, and this game is even more simple than Wii Sports, so your whole family can definitely play. It's so based on real life that anyone could just pick it up and start playing if they have never even touched a video game controller. You will be satisfied for quite a long time with this game, I assure it.

OVERALL SCORE

sorry, but i have to disagree with you on lasting appeal. i would only want to play wii sports resort when i was done for the multiplayer sword fights and archery matches. other then that i wouldn't really want to play the game after i was done playing each activity for 30 min.

Last edited by Permafry_42 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about Empty Re: Wii Sports Resort Review - What the Wii is really about

Post by SoaringDive Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah, Lasting Appeal and Sounds are a bit over rated, but it's not my review.

Wait, what is this? I'm freaking reviewing a review...
Well there goes my "I have a life"...
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 pm

soaringdive wrote:Yeah, Lasting Appeal and Sounds are a bit over rated, but it's not my review.

heh heh heh...i don't know about you guys but i can play the sword game for HOURS...even without someone to play with like i did with the boxin on the last one. it might be because i'm a sword practitioner in real life, and that is the closest i get to show off some of my...intermediate level skills in a game...and BOY is it close.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
soaringdive wrote:Yeah, Lasting Appeal and Sounds are a bit over rated, but it's not my review.

heh heh heh...i don't know about you guys but i can play the sword game for HOURS...even without someone to play with like i did with the boxin on the last one. it might be because i'm a sword practitioner in real life, and that is the closest i get to show off some of my...intermediate level skills in a game...and BOY is it close.

Yeah guys, i'm gonna have to agree with this guy too, I mean, not only did i write this review today but i played that game for at least 6 hours today and i'm still playing it, and i plan to play it for a while until i get really good at everything. And like i said, not only does it last single player but it lasts multiplayer. Wii sports didn't keep me interested long but this game does cuz it's so much better.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down