The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you make a good game, people will buy it

+11
Gyoza
darkwingdragon709
Prophet6000
Shah2354
sikokiller
MetaSmashBro
baggy131
Super Smash Bros. Fan
nintendorocks
TheWon
Godwind
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you make a good game, people will buy it Empty If you make a good game, people will buy it

Post by Godwind Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 am

Source: Destructoid

A lot of publishers have been having trouble figuring out how to make more money off their Wii games. We've heard from some folks at Capcom say that "hardcore" gamers have moved on from the Wii, or that there was never an consistent audience for "good" games on the console to begin with. Keep in mind, the people making these statements generally don't make videogames; they just publish them. They're the guys who hire the artists and designers to create games; the money men who are generally more concerned with tracking trends and chasing demographics than actually making anything.

Ask an actual developer at Capcom what he thinks of the situation, and you'll get a different answer. When I asked Ryota Niistuma (producer of multiple Wii games for Capcom) about the process of designing a game for the Wii, his answer was simple. First, he tries to think of a good idea for a game. Then, if it looks like it's going to be a Wii title, then he tries to think of ways to use the Wii's unique features to the game's advantage.

Crazy, right? Why does he go about it this way? Why doesn't he start from the ground up with tons of specific gimmicks and tricks? Well, I guess it's because "good games will sell, regardless of what console their on."

Note that he did not say "You need to track demographics and sales data of other games to figure out exactly what sells and what doesn't, then try to make a game that will definitely make you ten times what you spent on it." If he did think like that, I seriously doubt he'd have produced a game like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and I'd also seriously doubt that I'd like his games so much.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

If you make a good game, people will buy it Empty Re: If you make a good game, people will buy it

Post by TheWon Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 pm

I hope what you said turns out to be true. After what I experienced last night. Wii owners either don't know or just no hyped about Wii core gamers.

Check my video in the blog to see what I mean.
TheWon
TheWon
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://www.projectmkart.net

Back to top Go down

If you make a good game, people will buy it Empty Re: If you make a good game, people will buy it

Post by nintendorocks Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:27 pm

yep if a game looks shit im not gonna buy it but if it looks good i'll buy it
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Interesting read. Looks like the developers realize that a game made for quick buck will eventually stop selling.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by baggy131 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:03 pm

I agree completly

baggy131
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:30 pm

This is so true. I'm going out of my way to get Monster Hunter because of this.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm

indeed, i mean its not like im gonna buy spin offs like dead space: extraction.. i feel offended by spinoffs
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:14 pm

If you make a good game, people will buy it.
Then why has nobody bought MadWorld, Muramasa, No More Heroes, etc.
all these games and others are destroyed in sales.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 am

Im gonna buy monster hunter
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Shah2354 wrote:If you make a good game, people will buy it.
Then why has nobody bought MadWorld, Muramasa, No More Heroes, etc.
all these games and others are destroyed in sales.
oh thats easy. none of them are advertised to the general public, limitin the games recognition to ONLY people who search gamesite...half the time regular people wouldn't even know of the game's existance unless they trip over it. also these games are niche titles that simply don't appeal to a lot of gamers for whatever reason such as graphics style, game length, or plot style. i for one bought and love NMH and muramasa, but i don't like madworld.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 pm

Yeah, Shah you're kinda sounding like a douche.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Gyoza wrote:Yeah, Shah you're kinda sounding like a douche.
Well pardon my French, but f-you. I didn't realize you were a douche for supporting a company and staring my opinion. If anything, your an ass. Instead of respectfully disagreeing with me, you just call names. How about you give a counter-argument, like Shokio does. He doesn't just call names. *awaits flame war response* Rolling Eyes
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Shah2354 wrote:
Well pardon my French, but f-you. I didn't realize you were a douche for supporting a company and staring my opinion. If anything, your an ass. Instead of respectfully disagreeing with me, you just call names. How about you give a counter-argument, like Shokio does. He doesn't just call names. *awaits flame war response* Rolling Eyes
ouch.....thats what i think sometimes to be honest
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

How about you give a counter-argument

Try not to ignore darkwingdragon709.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Shah2354 wrote:

HAHAHA, you think you can get to me. You must not know who I am, I am the blesser of all souls. They mark of my dignity yall scar thy DNA. I am only person on The Wii network who is unaffected by the rules and all the mods know where ever I go, THERE GOES JOHN JACOB JINGLEHIMMER SCHMIDT HAHAHAHAHA.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 pm

soaringdive wrote:How about you give a counter-argument

Try not to ignore darkwingdragon709.
Ya, he made sense. That marketing thing pretty much explains it. You see Halo coercials but not Conduit ones. He was right about appeal too
I guess just a handfull of people would like a game like Muramasa.
It's not darkwingdragon i have a problem with, it's Gyoza (sorry if I spelled wrong).
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Gyoza wrote:
Shah2354 wrote:

HAHAHA, you think you can get to me. You must not know who I am, I am the blesser of all souls. They mark of my dignity yall scar thy DNA. I am only person on The Wii network who is unaffected by the rules and all the mods know where ever I go, THERE GOES JOHN JACOB JINGLEHIMMER SCHMIDT HAHAHAHAHA.
Should I take that as a surrender so we can move on? Because that was for damn sure not a counter argument.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't counter because this isn't Tekken. Besides arguing on the internet is pointless. Get over yourself.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 pm

He also doesn't counter because he'd be repeating what has been said.

And it isn't Tekken.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Gyoza wrote:I don't counter because this isn't Tekken. Besides arguing on the internet is pointless. Get over yourself.
That's what I like to see. A response. You're probably right, about arguing over the net at least. I'm gonna bury the hachet. Hopefully you will.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:39 pm

I already did after the first post. I don't really care what you think about me.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:40 pm

soaringdive wrote:He also doesn't counter because he'd be repeating what has been said.

And it isn't Tekken.
maybe what you said. What he said was a third name calling, a third gibberish, and a third that made sense. I'm done at any rate

Street Fighter > Tekken.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Gyoza wrote:I already did after the first post. I don't really care what you think about me.
fair enough. I bear no ill-will.
Cheers.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 pm

But, yeah Street Fighter > Tekken
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Yeah, I have Tekken 6. It sucks.

How can they make a 6th game and have it be this bad?
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next