The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grinder goes multiplatform

+19
Esnel Pla
sikokiller
resident2011dark
RollingSilver
sulley
Kamina#1
Arbiteris#2
darkwingdragon709
Static man2
Gyoza
Darrien
Prophet6000
MetaSmashBro
SoaringDive
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Vorox2400
BlackSabbath370
lil boy blue 300
Godwind
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Grinder goes multiplatform - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grinder goes multiplatform

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

And this is why I'm requesting The Grinder for Wii fanboys as the next Destructoid's Fanboy Fridays. Boy will that be halirious.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

The Grinder goes multiplatform - Page 2 Empty Re: The Grinder goes multiplatform

Post by resident2011dark Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Hmm...for some reason this doesn't surprise me.
resident2011dark
resident2011dark
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Gyoza wrote:fake and gay
ray William Johnson quote? lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Esnel Pla Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 am

Wow, you fanboys need to calm the fuck down.

Face it. High Voltage needs to cover their ass. Releasing a "hardcore" game on Wii is a huge risk. They have operating costs to cover and releasing this game multiplatform is going to only make their investors feel safer about taking these risks. Meaning they will be able to continue devolopment on Wii titles.

In many ways this is a good thing and the only way that this will be bad is in relation to the egos of Wii fanboys. You're still getting this game. Grow up.

Esnel Pla
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:20 pm

It's not huge risk, it's a smart move the need to learn how make good games and advertise. Like TCon I didn't know it was coming out until the week before thanks to AxelDemon and they didn't advertise it until after the release
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Esnel Pla Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Yes, yes, it is a huge risk. Not a lot of developers have really figured out the marketing of Wii games. Look at how many "hardcore" games have lost money. Remember Son of the Dragon? The Wii game that was supposed to be developed by Renegade Kid? Yeah, that was canceled because of a lack of strategy and fear of a loss. Perhaps if had gone multiplat, we wouldn't have missed out on a game by a very talented developer.

Yeah, Wii developers need to pull their head out of their ass and figure out their marketing, but if it's multiplatform, it will make more money either way. Seriously, give me a good reason why you can't enjoy this game because all of a sudden it's multiplatform.

Esnel Pla
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

I never said I wouldn't enjoy it calling us fanboys.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Esnel Pla Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Gyoza wrote:fake and gay
Would leave me to believe you're upset about the news.

If I called you a fanboy by mistake, my apologies, but anyone complaining about this news is, in fact, a fanboy.

Esnel Pla
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:54 pm

I really don't know why everyone cares? I play video-games, not console wars...
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Esnel Pla wrote:Yes, yes, it is a huge risk. Not a lot of developers have really figured out the marketing of Wii games. Look at how many "hardcore" games have lost money. Remember Son of the Dragon? The Wii game that was supposed to be developed by Renegade Kid? Yeah, that was canceled because of a lack of strategy and fear of a loss. Perhaps if had gone multiplat, we wouldn't have missed out on a game by a very talented developer.

Yeah, Wii developers need to pull their head out of their ass and figure out their marketing, but if it's multiplatform, it will make more money either way. Seriously, give me a good reason why you can't enjoy this game because all of a sudden it's multiplatform.
TRUTH
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Well, I'll get the 360 and Wii version then
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:36 pm

After looking at all the games they made or co-developed, do you really expect High Voltage to make this game good? I might (MIGHT is a big chance of turning to "No") get it. High Voltage really lost my respect after the Conduit; I liked it a lot but it's just "Ok"
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 pm

I didn't even know what the hell The Grinder was until sulley told me yesterday. Oh, well, I probably won't get it. There are too many other games coming out this year.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm

well i didn't hear about this game until i saw a video about it going multi-plat. i think its a bad move because the other systems have waaaay to many first person shooters already.
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:43 pm

BlackSabbath370 wrote:thats fing lame, now the game is gonna be crap
Prophet6000 wrote:This news was kinda a slap in a face for wii owners i was all happy about getting the grinder but not anymore
darkwingdragon709 wrote:...I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT!!! this crap ruined my night! now not only does the wii lose a valuable exclusive, the wii version is gonna get the shaft compaired to the others, the game itself is gonna lose its value and be labeled a L4D clone even worst now, AND the whole point of the games development will lose its meanin!

360/ps3 fantards are gonna come down on wii owners HARD when when its compaired to the graphically and online superior versions...AND the hope of gettin multi console owners to buy a good wii game for once are slim to none now...i saw atleast 40 people in the comments say "WELP! now i can just get this on the 360 now. don't have to get a wii for this anymore." NOW THIS GAME IS GONNA GET EVEN LESS SALES THAN IT MAY HAVE!!! THUS SUPPORTIN THE IDIOTS WHO BELIEVE A GOOD 3RD PARTY GAME CAN'T SELL ON THE WII!!!
Are you guys serious? Upset over a losing an exclusive? C'mon. The Wii version should still be good, since the game was originally being developed for the Wii. You think they scrapped what they had already just to make a 360/PS3 version to port over to the Wii? Of course not. They're going to follow through with the Wii version as they intended, but also make the game for the 360 and PS3. Simple as that. Nothing to cry over.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2