The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

+19
snaredrums123
xjoshwii60
AxelDemon
Prophet6000
sikokiller
AnAsianKid1
Kendo
Kamina#1
lil boy blue 300
boricua
Smashboy64
Godwind
TheGreatLeon
Super Smash Bros. Fan
TheRighteousFascist
FaytSaratome
Jade789119
Gyoza
imhappy2help22
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:I play a lot of PC FPS so dual analog just feels stiff to me.
I understand wanting the best. I agree that the mouse pwns all, I just don't feel that pointing the Wii Remote at the screen comes even close to replicating a mouse. I can understand how it might appear to replicate a mouse, to some extent, but I myself don't get that same feeling.

So for me: Mouse > Dual Analog > Motion Controller
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:I play a lot of PC FPS so dual analog just feels stiff to me.
I understand wanting the best. I agree that the mouse pwns all, I just don't feel that pointing the Wii Remote at the screen comes even close to replicating a mouse. I can understand how it might appear to replicate a mouse, to some extent, but I myself don't get that same feeling.

it's not the feeling as using it, it's the feeling on screen during gameplay. With the IR pointer you can aim a lot faster than you can with dual analog. Also when you aim with the IR pointer you stay facing forward so if you have two people on you you wont lost sight of the other when you kill someone.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:29 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:

it's not the feeling as using it, it's the feeling on screen during gameplay. With the IR pointer you can aim a lot faster than you can with dual analog. Also when you aim with the IR pointer you stay facing forward so if you have two people on you you wont lost sight of the other when you kill someone.
Ah, I get it. So you like being able to move around within the screen without moving the screen itself. For me, the ache of holding a Wii Remote isn't worth it.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:31 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:

Ah, I get it. So you like being able to move around within the screen without moving the screen itself. For me, the ache of holding a Wii Remote isn't worth it.
yeah, and to clear things up I do think the 360 and PS3 versions are better.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:38 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:

yeah, and to clear things up I do think the 360 and PS3 versions are better.
I figured you thought the HD versions were better than Reflex, just the controls of Reflex outweighs everything else the HD versions have over Reflex.

As for myself. I don't even really like Call of Duty on the HD consoles, so I know I'd hate it on the Wii.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreatLeon Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm

I for one DO NOT want MW2 on the Wii. Seeing as how the original MW2 sucks ass compared to COD4.

TheGreatLeon
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 am

TheGreatLeon wrote:I for one DO NOT want MW2 on the Wii. Seeing as how the original MW2 sucks ass compared to COD4.

If you want to talk about games that suck ass, how about Ninja Breadman?

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Godwind wrote:
TheGreatLeon wrote:I for one DO NOT want MW2 on the Wii. Seeing as how the original MW2 sucks ass compared to COD4.

If you want to talk about games that suck ass, how about Ninja Breadman?
You had to bring back the bad memories, didn't you? No
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I got to thinking, and no I don't want a Modern Warfare 2 Reflex. Yes it'll be good to say we have it but I rather have a game that is better than MW2, and in all honesty, that isn't hard to do.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:I got to thinking, and no I don't want a Modern Warfare 2 Reflex. Yes it'll be good to say we have it but I rather have a game that is better than MW2, and in all honesty, that isn't hard to do.
If I slathered peanut butter and jelly on a disc, would you buy it from me? PB&J > MW2, therefore PB&J: The Video Game > MW2
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Maybe, is it delicious?
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Maybe, is it delicious?
It's delicious for your console, which will perform accordingly.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Then yes I will, and eat it too.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Smashboy64 Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 am

FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.

What TheRighteousFacist said, but I like to add something.

If I did own an Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360 AND owned this game, I would probably think it's amazing. Modern Warfare: Reflex isn't terrible, but it is a terrible port. I'll try to explain why:

- Only 10 players online compared to 18 players.
- Reviews are much lower then on the HD consoles.
- Visuals are worse then on the HD consoles.
- It took TWO years AFTER the HD versions to FINALLY get released. It was release at the exact same day as Modern Warfare 2, which should send a red flag that this game wasn't meant to be successful.
- No voice chat.
- No DLC.
- No local multiplayer.
- The HD versions probably had at least two years of work put into it, while the Wii version only had ten months.

PS3/360 to Wii ports almost never works out and this is no exception to the rule. How can you not denide that this version is a downgraded game?
It is a downgraded game but only slightly. Visuals don't really matter, HD or not who the fuck cares. Multiplayer yeah I'll give that. Reviews are debatable. It took two years because Infinity Ward is an ass and hates the Wii. No voice chat, dlc, and local I'll also give that. Overall I say it's a pretty decent port. I played both the PS3 version and Reflex and all honesty Reflex is better only slightly. if I could use a mouse on the PS3 version then that would be better.

I agree with you completely! IR sensor provides percision aiming! And its far more acurate than 360&PS3's little plastic control sticks! Graphics dont really make a game good, its all about the gameplay! Thats what makes Reflex a tad better! Yeah graphics do matter, but as long as they dont suck,what does it matter? Its the gameplay that sells the game! An example of gameplay over graphics would be Pac-Man. Pac-Man is the most successful arcade game in history! The graphics were very poor but you know why its so famous? GAMEPLAY! Walk into any arcade you'll find one of these machines garrenteed!
Smashboy64
Smashboy64
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by boricua Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 pm

they should just make a exclusive cod for wii
boricua
boricua
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:25 pm

boricua wrote:they should just make a exclusive cod for wii
agreed and it better be developed by tryarch because Infinity ward as lazy at wii titles. tryarch has proved them selves w/ reflex because they pull that off w/ probably less than 6 months,half the budget and idiot marketers
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:11 pm

we will find out in do time. why worry bout it now?
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamina#1 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 am

I was looking for some games (pirated) then I saw a cover for MW2 but on the top it says Wii. so I lolled
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hazif95

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendo Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:04 am

Nobody knows if the sequel will go to the Wii. However knowing Activision they might (most likely) do that. Even though Modern Warfare 2 is beyond saving.
Kendo
Kendo
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://gamingenthusiastzone.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnAsianKid1 Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:36 am

Why would they?

Too many fanboys talking shit about the wii's 3rd party version of the games.
AnAsianKid1
AnAsianKid1
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 am

i would love a MW2 if they started from scratch for the wii version instead of downrise it down abit
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 am

I would like another one for wii but i doubt they will do mw2 they just dont care about nintendo that much
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Gyoza wrote:Treyarch hates developing for the Wii.

Sounds like your trolling
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

https://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Gyoza wrote:Treyarch hates developing for the Wii.

Sounds like your trolling

ya because isn't infinity ward that hates wii
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xjoshwii60 Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm

lol i hate cod maybe its better on the wii since its a different xp but i hate cod its basically built for campers and noobs
xjoshwii60
xjoshwii60
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next