The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii)

3 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Empty Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii)

Post by awesomebooody Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:48 am

Final Fantasy the Crystal bearers was quite different than the other Final Fantasy games. It isn't an RPG or a dungeon crawler. It is an adventure game with quick time events and a new refreshing battle system. So let's get to the review.

STORY:
The story in this game was decent. It was kinda confusing to figure out what was happening at times but it was still entertaining. The characters were great and very likeable and the voice acting was great most of the time.. There was one character who clearly looks like a woman but its a man... Anyways thats a very minor complaint so the story gets a 8/10

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) 48611_orig

GRAPHICS:
I usually dont care about the graphics. In fact thats why I downloaded Mega Man 10. However the graphics in this game was spectacular and looked close to a 360 game. The enviroments were lush and looked beautiful just like the beaches and other minor details that just added more to the overall experience. In the end the graphics get a 9/10

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Final-Fantasy-Crystal-Chronicles-The-Crystal-Bearers-Arrives-December-26

CONTROLS:
You control the game using the wiimote and nunchuk and it works quite well. One thing I don't like is the camera. The camera is controlled using the d-pad which isn't that good. In fact my hand went sore after playing it for a few hours. In the quick time events and mini games the controls were spot on excellent. Shooting monsters while falling from the sky was as accurate as possible xD

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Ffcctcb_battle

Gameplay:
This is obviously without a doubt the most important part of the review.
The gameplay in this game should be divided into three types.

The free roaming
This is where you explore towns and find people etc. There is something different here. You can't talk to people! Well you can but only to one or two people. Well its not really a complaint since most people you talk to in other games are completely useless. This is a huge and very colorful world and its great and fun. Oh and another cool thing you can actually use the hero's phsychic powers to carry people and objects and throw them around. How cool is that!!

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) FFCCTCB091231_190123

The battles
The battling system in this game is different. It isn't turn based its real time and most of the battles are skippable. The battles are really fun and you use phsycic powers to carry objects and throw them at enemies. In the end the battles were great and very fun.

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Dgn_final_fantasy_crystal_chronicles_the_crystal_bearers_screen_02

The mini games
The mini games in this game were brilliant and definately the best part. It had so much variety from dancing with little girls to surfing down the waterfall. They were all very fun and a great addition. My personal favorite was falling from the sky while shooting monsters. Oh yeah!!

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Ffcc1009

In the end the gameplay was great and gets an 8/10

MUSIC:
The music in this game was awesome and a joy to listen to.
There isn't much more to say about that xD

Lasting appeal:
Well this game takes about 30 hours to beat 100 percent and 10 hours to beat the main game. It has an award systam just like the Xbox 360 and the Ps3 trophies. In the end its a great game.

THE FINAL SCORE 8.6/10
awesomebooody
awesomebooody
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Empty Re: Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii)

Post by snaredrums123 Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:31 am

Great review! I really liked how you added the screenshots.
Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) 2899778557_8a4991e632_o
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii) Empty Re: Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers Review(Wii)

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 am

I heard this game was awful. And I don't think the graphics come even close to a 360 game.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomebooody Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 am

TheRighteousFascist wrote:I heard this game was awful. And I don't think the graphics come even close to a 360 game.
Well I really enjoyed it. Its really not a bad game. However I will admit that I exaggerated with the 360 thing.
awesomebooody
awesomebooody
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:54 am

awesomebooody wrote:
TheRighteousFascist wrote:I heard this game was awful. And I don't think the graphics come even close to a 360 game.
Well I really enjoyed it. Its really not a bad game. However I will admit that I exaggerated with the 360 thing.
I heard it was basically just a collection of mini-games. And yea, the game looks more like a high-grade PS2 game.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down