The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum wipe?

+7
Permafry_42
Italian_Boy1Up
Darrien
GamerBob94
FaytSaratome
RaycxellTorres
Shokio
11 posters

Go down

Wipe the forum?

Forum wipe? Vote_lcap67%Forum wipe? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Forum wipe? Vote_lcap33%Forum wipe? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Forum wipe? Empty Forum wipe?

Post by Shokio Tue May 31, 2011 12:19 am

I'm considering doing a complete forum wipe. We'll still have the quick replys, chatbox, forums, etc intact, it will just be a wipe of the posts and maybe even all the accounts. I'm considering this because most people don't like coming to a dead forum full of old posts - people like fresh starts.

I understand that some of you are proud of your status and post-count here on the forum though, which is why I'm considering NOT to. We also have quite a lot of registered members (over 700)

But I'm not going to decide on this myself, it's up to you guys. Should we wipe the forum and start anew or try to bring it back as-is?
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://thewiinetwork.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Forum wipe? Empty Re: Forum wipe?

Post by RaycxellTorres Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 am

Helllllll naw,man.I understand why you wanna wipe it,but if the active members post new stuff(like i'm going to do now),a wipe of everything wouldn't be necessary.
RaycxellTorres
RaycxellTorres
GameBoy
GameBoy

https://www.youtube.com/user/RaycxellTorres

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue May 31, 2011 6:54 am

At the moment I don't really think I have any posts that has any information I need to keep so I would say do it. But on the other hand I think others might have posts they wanna keep as references or just the information they posted.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerBob94 Tue May 31, 2011 9:20 am

please dont! Razz I only just made an account after seeing your wii 2 'project cafe' youtube video :L
GamerBob94
GamerBob94
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrien Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 pm

I think you should get rid of topics that we don't really need. That would be all.
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Darrien wrote:I think you should get rid of topics that we don't really need. That would be all.

Deleting topics will erase your post counts to 0 I think.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://thewiinetwork.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Italian_Boy1Up Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:19 pm

Just my 2 cents

I've run a few forums before, and usually a forum full of old posts by members that aren't there anymore are depressing to visit. I think a wipe (or god forbid a new forum or updated look), would probably be in the best interest of attracting new members. But I definitely understand keeping the memories alive as well. I'll refrain from voting as I have been a member for a few minutes and don't feel like my opinion should hold that much weight lol.
Italian_Boy1Up
Italian_Boy1Up
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:58 pm

I'd say a wipe would be a good start. those of us who are the oldies should be the new moderators and admin of the site, with all the newbies being able to earn moderator or admin status through the time they spend on the forum. also a new design and a new name since the next gen is only a year away and the next gen nintendo platform's name is apparently going to be revealed this e3. Though I think we should keep the network part of the name since it fits the original ideals of the form. I could also make a new ad once we finalize the new network. but even if we don't wipe the forum we need whoever the new admin and moderators are to go through and clean out all the spammers. anyways, glad to see the rebirth of the wii network; looking forward to helping to rebuild it up to what it used to be.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm

A clean up of the forums is a good idea, but only certain parts that are either irrelevant now or just spam. Things like reviews and guides can stay though.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Italian_Boy1Up Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Well if you all decide to start fresh with a new forum, be sure to hit me up. I could definitely make a snazzy new forum for you guys if you'd like =). Maybe you can decide the color scheme based on the cafe's colors Wink lol.

*edit*

Here are two forums I've made in the past just for an example of something nice you could make using a simple forumotion forum (I can tell this forum is a forumotion forum as well).

http://bangbang.forumotion.net/ This was a clan forum I ran for awhile, we ended up disbanning the clan last summer, but I thought the forum was really nice looking. We also had more user accounts that had a lot of posts, but we had to delete a lot of accounts due to too much drama. Thankfully that's something I doubt we'd have to worry about as much on a forum that isn't based on clans.

http://theheartbreakers.tk/ This is another clan forum I helped create, while the clan using it is still active, the forum doesn't get too much attention anymore as most of the members use the facebook group we created more frequently. It's also running off of forumotion.

So like I said, if you guys would like me to make a nice forum for you, I'd be more than happy to. It's like playing the Sims, the best part is building the home Wink lol.
Italian_Boy1Up
Italian_Boy1Up
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorulez300 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Wipe it.

Last edited by nintendorulez300 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

nintendorulez300
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLolzalol Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 pm

If you're going to try and bring this site back to life by doing a forum wipe, don't just stop at that. Give it a new design, change anything that needs changing and try to make this a NEW and IMPROVED site, not just an empty shell of something that once was. It could be a great opportunity to create a better wii network.
TheLolzalol
TheLolzalol
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:41 pm

^This man.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS