The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions?

+11
SoaringDive
Genesis
marcus222
Gyoza
Jade789119
FaytSaratome
13ry4n
Static man2
ElkinFencer10
Invaderzzim
Shah2354
15 posters

Go down

Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions? Empty Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions?

Post by Shah2354 Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:38 pm

i was really excited for online on the conduit, but then i remembered friend codes. it really is SUCH a hassle. i reallly want to play monster hunter 3, but without online it will be much less good. and i really dont bother anymore with wii online. its way too tiresome. this is where the other two consoles admitedly trounce the wii. its sad becuase online multiplayer on the other two consoles is so much fun. maybe its just me being lazy, but i dont want to put in a 12 digit code for a single game, everytime. what do you guys think?
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions? Empty Re: Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions?

Post by Invaderzzim Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 pm

It's not that bad...just deal with it

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions? Empty Re: Friend Codes Ruin online.your opinions?

Post by ElkinFencer10 Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:58 am

Friend Codes don't ruin online. Yeah, they're a pain in the ass, but I'd take Friend Codes over paying for Xbox Live any day, and (at least from my experience at my friends' houses), the Wii's wifi is more reliable than PSN.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:20 pm

i dont mind freind codes but i wish it was like psn free and no friend codes.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by 13ry4n Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:58 pm

yeah wish you can just have a username then you can search up that username and add them

13ry4n
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:12 am

Shah2354 wrote:i was really excited for online on the conduit, but then i remembered friend codes. it really is SUCH a hassle. i reallly want to play monster hunter 3, but without online it will be much less good. and i really dont bother anymore with wii online. its way too tiresome. this is where the other two consoles admitedly trounce the wii. its sad becuase online multiplayer on the other two consoles is so much fun. maybe its just me being lazy, but i dont want to put in a 12 digit code for a single game, everytime. what do you guys think?
Monster Hunter 3 has online, and no friend codes doesn't bother me. Same thing as typing in a username.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:50 am

yes if the wii had users names and voice chat it would be crazy fun online. Because the community is probably more mature or the little kids wont spaz umlike xbox live....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnxdoGeuSaw if you want to laugh at 360's little kids click it
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 am

I think if you have the person's Wii code you get friend requests automatically for games you and them have. That's what happened on The Conduit with me and AxelDemon.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by marcus222 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:47 pm

I dont think it ruins it but it makes it more tedious, I think if Nintendo do get rid of them at least make it so you can send a request without having to type anything, it would make the onlne way more enjoyable and popular.

marcus222
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Gyoza wrote:I think if you have the person's Wii code you get friend requests automatically for games you and them have. That's what happened on The Conduit with me and AxelDemon.

That sounds pretty sweet.
I gotta test that.

I'd take a friend system like the 360's over the Wii friend codes, because you need a code for every game and the overall Wii console, but with PSN or Live you just need one User name.

I deal with it because I really don't care that much. lol.
Genesis
Genesis
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/user/xDaNgErOuSxFiRex

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 pm

If you think about it this way, the Wii's FC system eliminates a HUGE problem Xbox Live has; I can't play on Xbox Live with my friends who have Xboxes without hearing at least 5 littles kids whine every single game, no matter what game I play. Yeah, easier friend finding and voice chat would be nice, but it's even nicer IMHO not to hear the whine of an immature player....
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:If you think about it this way, the Wii's FC system eliminates a HUGE problem Xbox Live has; I can't play on Xbox Live with my friends who have Xboxes without hearing at least 5 littles kids whine every single game, no matter what game I play. Yeah, easier friend finding and voice chat would be nice, but it's even nicer IMHO not to hear the whine of an immature player....

yea but it should be more like psn where you make a mii and that links to your account and you can save your mii to your wii mote and take it to ur friends (hows that for an idea Razz?)
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Jade789119 wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:If you think about it this way, the Wii's FC system eliminates a HUGE problem Xbox Live has; I can't play on Xbox Live with my friends who have Xboxes without hearing at least 5 littles kids whine every single game, no matter what game I play. Yeah, easier friend finding and voice chat would be nice, but it's even nicer IMHO not to hear the whine of an immature player....

yea but it should be more like psn where you make a mii and that links to your account and you can save your mii to your wii mote and take it to ur friends (hows that for an idea Razz?)
I didn't say the FC system was good or that there wasn't a better alternative, only that it's not quite the burdensome monster some people say that it is. Sony's system is definitely better (but Nintendo's wifi has given me less lag and few disconnections than Sony's PSN when I play on my friends' PS3s).
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:01 pm

still i would like to see this improved if voice chat and user names are used the online cant be dised much any more 360 fanboys would but they flame everything not 360 related
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:03 pm

PS3 and 360 fanboys diss the Wii's online, but the Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) have infinitely better solo gameplay than any 360 or PS3 exclusive.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:33 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:PS3 and 360 fanboys diss the Wii's online, but the Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) have infinitely better solo gameplay than any 360 or PS3 exclusive.

easly said but 360 fanboys dont care for single player all the care for is online
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Well, games are stating to have it so that if you have their Wii friend code, it auto adds them to the game. Like GH5.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNintendoLook Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:38 pm

ya they totally do ruin online i mean y does Nintendo have to be so different all the time y cant the just go with the flow for once
TheNintendoLook
TheNintendoLook
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNintendoLook

Back to top Go down

Post by stink183 Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:46 am

it only takes like 20 seconds so its not too bad.

stink183
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeBanfield Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:05 am

they dont ruin it..they just keep it from having the wiis full online poteital.
JakeBanfield
JakeBanfield
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 pm

i don't like it because both of you have to enter eachothers codes
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down