The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?)

+3
Godwind
nintendorocks
Jade789119
7 posters

Go down

TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?) Empty TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:41 pm

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697907/A-TellTale-Games-Developer-Says-The-Wii-Is-Less-Powerful-Than-An-iPhone.html

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10909&page=6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_disc

This article I also have stuck in my head. I don't remember if I already posted on this, but I'll do it again anyway.

Telltale Games basically says that the iPhone is more power full than the Wii simply because the iPhone (128 RAM MB) holds more internal memory than the Wii (40 RAM MB). While more memory can have more content, I'm feeling a little skeptical on this because I feel that memory alone doesn't determine a console's power. There are other factors besides memory like processor, CPU, GPU, etc.

Also, if Telltale games has a problem with their games running smoothly with the memory on the Wii, why not put their stuff on Wii discs, which hold WAY more RAM memory (8.5 GB RAM, more than double the amount of internal memory) than actual hardware (88 internal MB, 40 of which is used for WiiWare and downloadable content)? Problem solved, but no they go and complain about the Wii's lack of power, etc, etc etc.

Look Telltale games, I know it's a little more expensive to put your stuff on disc, but if you're going to act like a crybaby about the Wii (which people do), then you might as well not develop on the Wii at all.

Just take a look at "[TTG]Yare's" responses to the questions on the forum. Though some of them are factual, they still sound ridiculous. It makes their company actually look bad rather than good.

Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?) Empty Re: TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?)

Post by Jade789119 Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 pm

memory dosnt do much lol its basicly a place in the console where it stores information temporally. Now the wiis hard drive like a computers can be used in its place if it needs to be. on a computer this is called virtual memory. I currently am using 20 Gb of my hard drive as ram. sure its not as power full but it really dosnt do much. the things that make it more power full is the prossesor and graphic card. Which the wii has a really nice graphic card. Extreamly well made its probably better then my computers. even tho my computer i use for some games but the wiis graphic card is specialy made by AVI and i know about how much it can handle and compairing it to ones on the pcs that are close. (not many or close due to wii's is unique and has things pc's cards dont) It can get really good visuals only problem is the TEV. Now most graphic cards have a shader. Which helps process textures shadows ext makes pixels blend (i think lol) But the wii has something called the TEV which is a shader and much more. Only problem Developers must make it Custom fit for the game which or course they dont. Some think its to hard others dont have enough time. Or they are just to lazy to use it like it should be. Man i wrote alot lol Razz
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?) Empty Re: TellTale Games: The iPhone is More Powerful than the Wii (?)

Post by nintendorocks Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 am

oh my god now we've measuring power on memory i think the wii has better games
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Isn't this old news?

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Godwind wrote:Isn't this old news?
Yeah it is
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendo Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 am

The iPhone is a console. I must get it. Lol. But seriously I doubt it is more powerful.
Kendo
Kendo
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://gamingenthusiastzone.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Kendo wrote:The iPhone is a console. I must get it. Lol. But seriously I doubt it is more powerful.
no way in HELL its more powerful. that was just telltale tryin to cover thier asses by tryin to redirect the angry fans attention from themselves toward the wii hate train for makin a crappy game. not the first time a 3rd party dev blamed the wii for thier crappy games...but i gotta say that THAT was low.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 am

How is a phone more powerful than a box of hardware
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:18 am

Gyoza wrote:How is a phone more powerful than a box of hardware

iPhone > Original Gameboy

It is a box of hardware, but when it comes to THIS generation it's not powerful compared to the Wii, 360, and PS3. Especially the DS and PSP
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 am

I'm on one right now and I'll say nope lol I phone is no where close to wii only reason it has more ram cuz it multiple tasks plays music and app/ same timeext wii dosnt do that so extra ram wouldn't beuch use
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down