The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

+18
Phi1Pill
chrisparlamas
BUU LIKES CANDY
Seaferret
Gyoza
SoaringDive
NextGen247
AxelDemon
SpaniardGamer
RollingSilver
FaytSaratome
FALFOLAWN
nintendorocks
darkwingdragon709
Jade789119
Godwind
Static man2
sikokiller
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii - Page 3 Empty Re: Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:26 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:And that's why I kept posting articles that confirmed there was NO Wii HD in the first place, but did anyone listen?

1) I know of a site that leaked the wii specs
AND THEY WERE RIGHT ABOUT ALL OF IT

2) This site also leaked wiihd/2 specs

some i'm not desperate, i'm just a believer

Where is this site of which you speak of?

Back to top Go down

Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii - Page 3 Empty Re: Reggie disappointed that games like Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed aren’t on Wii

Post by AxelDemon Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Your really gonna make me pull out neogaf on ya? fine.
1)http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112364
Told ya
2)http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=8802
Bam. No lies, No bluffs, NEO F-ING GAF
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

https://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi1Pill Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, the wii can output about 500 million polygons per second or so i heard. So im a bit disappointed that its not on the wii either. But i guess it takes time to make a graphics engine.
Phi1Pill
Phi1Pill
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:46 pm

From the ground up, of course. Because you code it, you test it, you fix it, add new stuff, test that stuff, fix the bugs and then pray to god your game will do well and it was worth the hard work.
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 pm

AxelDemon wrote:Your really gonna make me pull out neogaf on ya? fine.
Told ya

I don't see Wii HD specs anywhere.

All I see are the original Wii specs which I already know about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:28 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:
sikokiller wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:No, Nintendo already confirmed that they WILL NOT RELEASE A NEW WII. Stop talking about WiiHD/Wii2 already god. >.>

exactly man, if we keep talking about a new console already where gonna be known as desperate fools lol

And that's why I kept posting articles that confirmed there was NO Wii HD in the first place, but did anyone listen?

There is no WiiHD coming in the near future. However, to say there is no WiiHD or new system being developed would be a lie. Once a console is released, companies are immediately developing new consoles. Just like how Microsoft has plans for their new console and Sony with their new console. However, none of these products are ready for release and planning a new console take years of development. Keep in mind that their preparing to develop a product that will be their product for a few years to come.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 am

Like I said, Sony and Microsoft already said they are making their consoles last for another 10 years. This was said at E3 09.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Like I said, Sony and Microsoft already said they are making their consoles last for another 10 years. This was said at E3 09.

Do you think it was meant for good press or to be informative? Once sales slow down, they'll be releasing those developed consoles.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Why the hell would they do that? LOLZ HI WE WILL RELEASE NEW CONSOLES JUST BECAUSE SALES WENT DOWN AND TO PISS OFF ALL CONSUMERS BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY NEW CONSOLES FOR ANOTHER 300-500 DOLLAR PRICE JUST TO PLAY NEW GAMES
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 pm

I think with those new motion controllers by Sony and Microsoft we won't be seeing new consoles from them any time soon. I'm assuming that these two systems will be having motion-controlled games for another 3-4 years assuming that all goes well with those controls. I'm mean after all, why should they make a new console if they're releasing stuff like Natal and the PS3 Wand so soon?

Nintendo on the other hand might make a new console after about 2-3 years. Who knows, it might have those 360/PS3 graphics+HD when the time arrives.
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:
AxelDemon wrote:Your really gonna make me pull out neogaf on ya? fine.
Told ya

I don't see Wii HD specs anywhere.

All I see are the original Wii specs which I already know about.

on the maxconsole link and the first page of the second link.
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Why the hell would they do that? LOLZ HI WE WILL RELEASE NEW CONSOLES JUST BECAUSE SALES WENT DOWN AND TO PISS OFF ALL CONSUMERS BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY NEW CONSOLES FOR ANOTHER 300-500 DOLLAR PRICE JUST TO PLAY NEW GAMES

Doesn't that sound like what happens about every 6 years? Also, you make the assumption people will be pissed off. Most people get excited over the release of new hardware. Why do you think there has been so much moaning about a WiiHD, Xbox720, or PS4? When was the last time there was a big movement from gamers to say "No thanks, we don't want new hardware." Probably the Saturn which told gamers that they weren't interested in supporting the system after being on the market for only 2 years, literally.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Because they are idiots. What's the point of developing games for this gen if we just gonna keep going to the next gen. Sounds like people just want the systems and not the games. There isn't more you can do to the consoles at this point anyways. "Give better graphics." Sure but who cares? Before we even go to another generation we need something different. Something not based around just giving better hardware. Something like...VR? Seriously there is NO NEED for new consoles. Plus most people are just now getting PS3s and 360s and Wiis. NO NEED FOR NEW CONSOLES WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE GREAT CONSOLES MAKING GREAT GAMES. People who want new consoles already needs to shut the fuck up and appreciate what we already have instead of wanting more. XPlay already did a segment on WHY WE DON'T NEED NEW CONSOLES.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Because they are idiots. What's the point of developing games for this gen if we just gonna keep going to the next gen. Sounds like people just want the systems and not the games. There isn't more you can do to the consoles at this point anyways. "Give better graphics." Sure but who cares? Before we even go to another generation we need something different. Something not based around just giving better hardware. Something like...VR? Seriously there is NO NEED for new consoles. Plus most people are just now getting PS3s and 360s and Wiis. NO NEED FOR NEW CONSOLES WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE GREAT CONSOLES MAKING GREAT GAMES. People who want new consoles already needs to shut the fuck up and appreciate what we already have instead of wanting more. XPlay already did a segment on WHY WE DON'T NEED NEW CONSOLES.

IGN did a segment too.

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGhostatsukeFTW Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:44 pm

I can see why Reggie cares so much, Nintendo has been all about gaming and the consumer expansion. It is pretty difficult wen hit game developers dont take the oppurtunity to bring their great titles to wii when it's obviously possible. Then again, many devs consider the wii's underpowered hardware (as compared to say 360 or PS3) is just not worth the cash or effort. Developers need to start looking deeper and then they will see whats possible on the wi.
SIGhostatsukeFTW
SIGhostatsukeFTW
GameBoy
GameBoy

http://www.mystiworld.webs.com  www.youtube.com/user/SIGhostr3ap

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:28 pm

It's nice to hear that Reggie, although the boss of NOA, actually wants those games and not some evil cooperation boss who's goal is for money and only that (I'm looking at you Bobby Kotick of Activision and Staurt Synder of Cartoon Network). He cares about the gamers, even if some of his decisions I disagree with.

However, Assassin's Creed 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 aren't available because they would be too much for the Wii to handle without massively dumbing it down. Now you may argue that Modern Warfare: Reflex has most things intact, however, with all due respect for Shokio and those who enjoy it the game, it is not as good as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. It's missing voice chat, it only supports ten-players, and while the visuals are good, they don't match the HD versions. It isn't bad, but it's not a great game either. At least Treyach tried, I'll give them credit.

Trying to fit those games on the platform would be impossible to do. This is why developers need to make games meant for the system. I'm not saying do away completely with ports (They can be done in certain situations like NHL 2K10 and Sonic Unleashed), but it needs to be reduced to where only games that can support the features of the HD versions is made available and even then, they actually need to attempt to make it as close as possible to the HD versions. This is all coming from a Wii/DSi-only owner.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:06 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:It's nice to hear that Reggie, although the boss of NOA, actually wants those games and not some evil cooperation boss who's goal is for money and only that (I'm looking at you Bobby Kotick of Activision and Staurt Synder of Cartoon Network). He cares about the gamers, even if some of his decisions I disagree with.

However, Assassin's Creed 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 aren't available because they would be too much for the Wii to handle without massively dumbing it down. Now you may argue that Modern Warfare: Reflex has most things intact, however, with all due respect for Shokio and those who enjoy it the game, it is not as good as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. It's missing voice chat, it only supports ten-players, and while the visuals are good, they don't match the HD versions. It isn't bad, but it's not a great game either. At least Treyach tried, I'll give them credit.

Trying to fit those games on the platform would be impossible to do. This is why developers need to make games meant for the system. I'm not saying do away completely with ports (They can be done in certain situations like NHL 2K10 and Sonic Unleashed), but it needs to be reduced to where only games that can support the features of the HD versions is made available and even then, they actually need to attempt to make it as close as possible to the HD versions. This is all coming from a Wii/DSi-only owner.

we wasn't expecting to better then the HD consoles... but if they port a game from an HD console i like it to be built from the ground up for wii just like assassins creed for DS instead of downrising it...
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 am

sikokiller wrote:we wasn't expecting to better then the HD consoles... but if they port a game from an HD console i like it to be built from the ground up for wii just like assassins creed for DS instead of downrising it...

I agree
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MrTigarex Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:31 pm

i did not know where should i write this so i dicided to do it.Ok i have problem with my cod4 reflex when i go wi-fi and i'm in the lobby place i click random game and nothing happens ;/ other games with wi-fi like super smash bors browl or WaW are working perfectly,i don't know what to do maybe it's a disc becouse is little bit scratchd and i mean only little , single player is working fine same as arcade ;/ i would be vary glad if someone would give me an advice.

PS.sorry for my bad english cuz i'm form Poland.

MrTigarex
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:57 pm

MrTigarex wrote:i did not know where should i write this so i dicided to do it.Ok i have problem with my cod4 reflex when i go wi-fi and i'm in the lobby place i click random game and nothing happens ;/ other games with wi-fi like super smash bors browl or WaW are working perfectly,i don't know what to do maybe it's a disc becouse is little bit scratchd and i mean only little , single player is working fine same as arcade ;/ i would be vary glad if someone would give me an advice.

PS.sorry for my bad english cuz i'm form Poland.

your English is not bad mate,

anyway its really hard getting your question answered here because it basically slowed down now just make a thread in wii online, sorry i don't really know how to fix it its really bezarre
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MrTigarex Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:21 am

Thank you anyways D:

MrTigarex
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrien Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:32 am

well I can see he actually wants the game's Very Happy
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3