The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week

+5
sikokiller
Static man2
TheRighteousFascist
KidZillah
solidstudios
9 posters

Go down

Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week Empty Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week

Post by solidstudios Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 am

Who thinks Call of Duty will crash and burn now? I do
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week Empty Re: Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week

Post by KidZillah Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:19 am

- link or it didn't happen .
KidZillah
KidZillah
NES
NES

http://www.kidzillah.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week Empty Re: Infinity Ward Founders Fired this Past Week

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:44 am

KidZillah wrote:- link or it didn't happen .
You should have heard about it by now.

Personally, I think Activision is every thing wrong with gaming. They take talented developers and strangle the life out of them. Infinity Ward made a blockbuster franchise, but then Activision came along and milked it to death, and when IW DIDN'T want to make Modern Warfare 3 next year, two of the head execs (I don't think they were the founders) were fired for breach of contract. Red Octane was also shut down because Activision took their successful franchise and milked it. When that backfired, Red Octane was the one that got screwed.

So now there will most likely be two Call of Duty games per year, one by Treyarch and one by a new studio that Activision opened called Sledgehammer (headed by two guys from Visceral Games; why they went from EA to Activision escapes me). I hate Activision and everything they stand for, to the point where I am no longer going to buy any Activision products, and I stopped playing (and am selling) the Activision products I already own.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 pm

i think that is good for the two guys. they will be able to do wat ever they want. im sure they have tons of ideas but activision most likely said nope ur doing cod. so if they open a new studio(they probably will) they will do some good stuff.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:22 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:
KidZillah wrote:- link or it didn't happen .
You should have heard about it by now.

Personally, I think Activision is every thing wrong with gaming. They take talented developers and strangle the life out of them. Infinity Ward made a blockbuster franchise, but then Activision came along and milked it to death, and when IW DIDN'T want to make Modern Warfare 3 next year, two of the head execs (I don't think they were the founders) were fired for breach of contract. Red Octane was also shut down because Activision took their successful franchise and milked it. When that backfired, Red Octane was the one that got screwed.

So now there will most likely be two Call of Duty games per year, one by Treyarch and one by a new studio that Activision opened called Sledgehammer (headed by two guys from Visceral Games; why they went from EA to Activision escapes me). I hate Activision and everything they stand for, to the point where I am no longer going to buy any Activision products, and I stopped playing (and am selling) the Activision products I already own.
Yeah Activision just wants the money for CoD. Especially the Modern Warfare series. They have to take it to the point where they just fire the founders FOR MONEY!!!!! Call of Duty is going to crash and burn because of that. Activision just shot themself in the foot with this move
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 pm

it doesn't bother me, i hope the series does crash and burn lol.. i have been wanting that for years now
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Thank god I don't have to listen to beaners talk about their camp ownages in class anymore...

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:32 am

Now the guys who got fired are suing Activision for royalties they are allegedly owed ($36 million) and for the name "Modern Warfare". They'd make MW its own franchises separate from Call of Duty and Activision wouldn't be able to make any post-Vietnam war games.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 am

TheRighteousFascist wrote:Now the guys who got fired are suing Activision for royalties they are allegedly owed ($36 million) and for the name "Modern Warfare". They'd make MW its own franchises separate from Call of Duty and Activision wouldn't be able to make any post-Vietnam war games.
oh WOOOW...this is gonna be interestin. if IW wins, thats gonna be a HUGE chunk o money outta activision's pockets. not like they don't deserve it anyway.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by solidstudios Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 am

im rooting for inifinty ward all the way. although i do not rly like mw2's multiplayer anymore (it was fun b4 christmas) i do not think they deserved to get fired just because activision wants them to start working on the next modern warfare right away. infinity ward should be able to do it a their own pace. but no, activision doesn't care about quality, they care about MONEY!!!! screw activision 4 life
solidstudios
solidstudios
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
TheRighteousFascist wrote:Now the guys who got fired are suing Activision for royalties they are allegedly owed ($36 million) and for the name "Modern Warfare". They'd make MW its own franchises separate from Call of Duty and Activision wouldn't be able to make any post-Vietnam war games.
oh WOOOW...this is gonna be interestin. if IW wins, thats gonna be a HUGE chunk o money outta activision's pockets. not like they don't deserve it anyway.
solidstudios wrote:im rooting for inifinty ward all the way. although i do not rly like mw2's multiplayer anymore (it was fun b4 christmas) i do not think they deserved to get fired just because activision wants them to start working on the next modern warfare right away. infinity ward should be able to do it a their own pace. but no, activision doesn't care about quality, they care about MONEY!!!! screw activision 4 life
I'm rooting for Infinity Ward. Activision needs to see the repercussions of their actions.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by KidZillah Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 pm

- like iSaid, link or it didn't happen .
thee end .
KidZillah
KidZillah
NES
NES

http://www.kidzillah.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:47 pm

KidZillah wrote:- like iSaid, link or it didn't happen .
thee end .
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702970/Infinity-Wards-Jason-West-And-Vince-Zampella-File-Lawsuit-Against-Activision-.html

I'm still surprised you didn't hear about it.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 pm

As much as I want Infinity Ward to win their law suit. This could lead to so unwanted repercussions like no more modern warfare reflex editions because the will own the modern warfare name. that could also mean wii get stuck in W.W.2.

o.k enough of me being a pessimist this could lead to better reflex games because Activision will finally give tryarch The time and cash to make not just good shooters but great games. that only if they learn their lesson. I think they will because they'll need the cash.

what ever what r your thoughts
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I think you guys are confused IW is not suing the co-founders who were fired for "insubordination" are suing. for all there royalties that that they where supposed to get in like a week. they get royalties form what i understand is any call of duty game they make or there tech is involved with. i do hope those two guys win tho.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Static man2 wrote:I think you guys are confused IW is not suing the co-founders who were fired for "insubordination" are suing. for all there royalties that that they where supposed to get in like a week. they get royalties form what i understand is any call of duty game they make or there tech is involved with. i do hope those two guys win tho.
When I saw "Infinity Ward", I'm talking about the two guys. But chances are if a publishers picks those guys up, other IW members will follow.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Static man2 wrote:I think you guys are confused IW is not suing the co-founders who were fired for "insubordination" are suing. for all there royalties that that they where supposed to get in like a week. they get royalties form what i understand is any call of duty game they make or there tech is involved with. i do hope those two guys win tho.
When I saw "Infinity Ward", I'm talking about the two guys. But chances are if a publishers picks those guys up, other IW members will follow.

Mk, and agreed but only if they don't have a no competitor clause. im sure Activation has some of the higher ups locked in.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Static man2 wrote:

Mk, and agreed but only if they don't have a no competitor clause. im sure Activation has some of the higher ups locked in.
Even if the rest of Infinity Ward doesn't follow, at least there's a chance that the name "Modern Warfare" will be out of Activision's hands. More and more people are associating with Modern Warfare, not Call of Duty. Think about Modern Warfare 2. Nobody calls it Call of Duty 6 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Just "Modern Warfare 2". Even the boxart was originally not going to have the Call of Duty name on it.

So as it stands, I think the name "Modern Warfare" is more valuable than the name "Call of Duty".
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 pm

personally call of duty has to end eventually. or at least infinity ward will. but i missed when games used to be original
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down