The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again.

+7
TheLolzalol
lil boy blue 300
darkwingdragon709
fox mccloud
SoaringDive
SpaniardGamer
MetaSmashBro
11 posters

Go down

It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again. Empty It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again.

Post by MetaSmashBro Sat May 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Have you realized that a lot of the games that deserve AAA don't get it? (on Metacritic) It didn't bother me until MH3 got AA. I don't see how that's possible and it's a load of monster dung. So if Monster Hunter can't do it, who can?
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again. Empty Re: It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again.

Post by SpaniardGamer Sat May 01, 2010 6:52 pm

MetaSmashBro wrote:Have you realized that a lot of the games that deserve AAA don't get it? (on Metacritic) It didn't bother me until MH3 got AA. I don't see how that's possible and it's a load of monster dung. So if Monster Hunter can't do it, who can?
Easy, Chuck Norris
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again. Empty Re: It's Official: No 3rd Party Wii game will ever get AAA again.

Post by SoaringDive Sat May 01, 2010 6:59 pm

MetaSmashBro wrote:Have you realized that a lot of the games that deserve AAA don't get it? (on Metacritic) It didn't bother me until MH3 got AA. I don't see how that's possible and it's a load of monster dung. So if Monster Hunter can't do it, who can?

Western reviewers review for the average Western audiences. Majority of Western gamers (now a days) are pick-up-and-play-ers.

Hence why Japan is superior.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by fox mccloud Sat May 01, 2010 8:39 pm

westerners also call themselves hardcore well majority do and are actually casual players
fox mccloud
fox mccloud
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon May 03, 2010 9:41 am

fox mccloud wrote:westerners also call themselves hardcore well majority do and are actually casual players
i agree. i've come to notice that people who call themselves hardcore gamers and only play "hardcore games" mention games like CoD:MW2, halo, and GoW when those are all casual pick up and play games.

i think the industry's understandin of hardcore games has been flawed since last gen.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Mon May 03, 2010 1:57 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
fox mccloud wrote:westerners also call themselves hardcore well majority do and are actually casual players
i agree. i've come to notice that people who call themselves hardcore gamers and only play "hardcore games" mention games like CoD:MW2, halo, and GoW when those are all casual pick up and play games.

i think the industry's understandin of hardcore games has been flawed since last gen.
I never pictured those games as a pick-up-and-play... You have just blown my mind away.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Mon May 03, 2010 6:14 pm

I found monster hunter pretty fun and am just baffled at the AA score I assume they suck because they complain about the battle system,no lock on and difficulty. all that has been there for the last 10 years.
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLolzalol Tue May 04, 2010 12:37 am

It got a 9.5 from the AU ign team and i think a 9.2 from the UK one so its just the US ign team that's stupid.
TheLolzalol
TheLolzalol
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue May 04, 2010 8:52 am

MetaSmashBro wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:

I never pictured those games as a pick-up-and-play... You have just blown my mind away.
really? those games are as "pick up and play" as i gets. most action or FPS games are made to be "pick up and play"...also known to cater to the casual gamer who doesn't want to pour hours upon hours into an adventure/RPG, but just wanna shoot or hack n slash somethin for about 3-4hrs of gameplay.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
MetaSmashBro wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:

really? those games are as "pick up and play" as i gets. most action or FPS games are made to be "pick up and play"...also known to cater to the casual gamer who doesn't want to pour hours upon hours into an adventure/RPG, but just wanna shoot or hack n slash somethin for about 3-4hrs of gameplay.
Makes perfect sense. I'm going to debate with some of my XBL friends 'n' see what they think.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue May 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah that is why I don't care about metacritic and only care if the game is fun or not. If a fanboy brings up scores I'll do how I always fix problems, PUNCH THEM. Nah just kidding but seriously scores mean bullshit. Also have you heard that the MHTri review for IGN US wasn't even done by a member of the Wii Team but from a member of the 360 team?
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Tue May 04, 2010 8:22 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Yeah that is why I don't care about metacritic and only care if the game is fun or not. If a fanboy brings up scores I'll do how I always fix problems, PUNCH THEM. Nah just kidding but seriously scores mean bullshit. Also have you heard that the MHTri review for IGN US wasn't even done by a member of the Wii Team but from a member of the 360 team?
He was PC team then Xbox team for a few months also IGN does have teams anymore its just a pool. he reviewed the game cause he wanted to. so get off IGN for the not triple A, there are some scores as low as 6 that are bringing it down.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Tue May 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Static man2 wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:Yeah that is why I don't care about metacritic and only care if the game is fun or not. If a fanboy brings up scores I'll do how I always fix problems, PUNCH THEM. Nah just kidding but seriously scores mean bullshit. Also have you heard that the MHTri review for IGN US wasn't even done by a member of the Wii Team but from a member of the 360 team?
He was PC team then Xbox team for a few months also IGN does have teams anymore its just a pool. he reviewed the game cause he wanted to. so get off IGN for the not triple A, there are some scores as low as 6 that are bringing it down.
dun care
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 am

wii is teh doooooooooooooooooooooooooomed Rolling Eyes

seriously, when you actually read the review scores and compare them to your own experiences (i'm pretty sure most of us liked the game for its production values and its playability) you can call shenanigans to most of them 'cause they're not playing it right. in the western hemisphere where most players are fond of shooters, they aren't going to pick up a game they have no familiarity with and suddenly like it. monster hunter belongs to a different world where people have different skills. i'll bet you anything that players in japan won't rate our shooter games with the same mindset because they're different from what they usually play. people need to stick with games they know how to play before they open their mouths and talk garbage

btw, the reason japan gave this game a 40/40 in famitsu is the same reason we tend to give halo or call of duties high 9's or 10's: we know their names, we've played them before, we know what we're getting, therefore they are good. mh tri didn't A+ reviews since not many of us know how to play it properly. give the series some time in the west and hopefully it can grow
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by sales06 Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm Celia from Zstar Electronics Co., Ltd.

We produce all kinds of game console and mobile phone .

welcom to :www.edgei-ds.cn
www.zstar.hk
You can find the best electronical products.

sales06
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down