The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story

2 posters

Go down

Do you think movie version of "Where the Wild Things Are" will live up to the quality of the book?

Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Vote_lcap50%Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Vote_lcap50%Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Empty Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:22 am

before i start, i should let you guys know that i will be seeing where the wild things are in theaters. don't get me wrong. Also know that i am a major fan of the book and a fan of Maurice Sendak. The movie trailer also seems like they are certainly on the right track (i'll have the 2 trailers at the end [I love arcade fire btw, and i think the song is perfect for the trailer]).

However, will Spike Jonze (the director of the movie) be able to translate the magic of the book onto the big screen? because if not, then he should not release the movie, since anything that will diminish the book of Where the Wild things are is just evil, since that book was probably my favourite kid's book, and was the first book i ever remember reading all by myself.

Trailer 1:

(click the video to watch it on youtube, since it can't be embedded)

Trailer 2:

So after you guys watch the 2 trailers, tell me what you think. Can Where the Wild things are be a great movie since it was a outstanding book? or will this movie become another book movie that failed to translate the book the way it should have?
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Empty Re: Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story

Post by Invaderzzim Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Isn't that just some stupid movie...

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story Empty Re: Where the wild things are movie: a love/hate story

Post by Permafry_42 Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:Isn't that just some stupid movie...

no, it's a movie version of a kids book.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down