The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 things Nintendo should do

+21
Ocelot-7
Camo Junky
Jade789119
Mark_Chaos
Gyoza
LightyKD
nerd2max
superpiper123
FaytSaratome
sikokiller
MetaSmashBro
HogisGuy
cataback
LastRambo341
yodazeltchy1
FearDefeat
Invaderzzim
F3aR
Shah2354
link2450
otaku_momo
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

4 things Nintendo should do Empty 4 things Nintendo should do

Post by otaku_momo Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:00 pm

This is just some things that I think Nintendo should do to improve the Wii
1. An online service, something like Live, or Playstation Network. With Wii, its a little too complicated to meet with friends, and add each other using friend codes. It would be a lot easier for you, if Nintendo's online service had gamer tag's or psn id's for you to go by instead

2.More original games. Of course everyone loves Mario, Samus, and Link, but we've seen these characters too often. I think Nintendo should work on a completely new franchise to add something fresh to their exclusive list.

3.Less Wii bull****. Wiisports was fun, for awhile. But there is no need for Wiimusic, Wiifit, and all that other BS. I will probably never get around to buying Wiisports resort, but it has gotten good reviews. Even if it does appeal to the casual gamer, but it makes the Wii seem as if it appeals only to little kids

4. A price drop. PS3's and 360 elite's are now 300 bucks, so for the new gamers looking at which they should buy(assuming they actually do some research on the consoles first) Playstation 3, would seem like the best deal. Nintendo most likely won't do it, considering they own 50% of the market share, but it would be the logic thing to do, plus you could steal the new casual gamers before MS, and SONY's motion controllers come out, if the price was dropped to 199.

If you want to add me, my psn is: otaku_momo, and you'll have to pm for my friend code on Wii(because I don't know it by heart) afro

otaku_momo
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

4 things Nintendo should do Empty Re: 4 things Nintendo should do

Post by link2450 Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:08 pm

ok wii music sucked but wii fit was tight...it honestly helped me with mah abs but i stopped after a while but dont hate on wii fit but any other wii BS just flat out is lame

link2450
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 pm

i agree, mostly with #2. the core franchises are fun, but it would be nice to see some fresh faces. Btw WHERE IS KIRBY WII Evil or Very Mad ?! #4 I don't really care, since I already have my wii. #3 i didn't buy an of it. I really don't think #1 will happen though, it seems like too much of a drastic change. I would really like it, but lets be reasonable, i highly dought it'll happen Crying or Very sad
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by F3aR Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 pm

nice reasons otako Very Happy
F3aR
F3aR
GameBoy
GameBoy

https://www.youtube.com/user/thefearify

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Wii fit is actually very successful...whether or not we like it, it gets nintendo some money. Wii music did suck though. I really don't care about all the repeated franchises. Zelda will never get old to me...because it's the best thing in the world lol. And i REALLY agree with the other guy, I have been wondering why some games aren't on the wii. What happened to kirby, star fox, and F-zero? Did they just die, only to be remembered in super smash bros? Well, I know they had a kirby DS, but still. I really miss some of those on the main console.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FearDefeat Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey, 100% agree with everything you said there.
FearDefeat
FearDefeat
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by link2450 Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:Wii fit is actually very successful...whether or not we like it, it gets nintendo some money. Wii music did suck though. I really don't care about all the repeated franchises. Zelda will never get old to me...because it's the best thing in the world lol. And i REALLY agree with the other guy, I have been wondering why some games aren't on the wii. What happened to kirby, star fox, and F-zero? Did they just die, only to be remembered in super smash bros? Well, I know they had a kirby DS, but still. I really miss some of those on the main console.
yay for zelda fans Smile

link2450
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by yodazeltchy1 Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 am

i definately agree with getting rid of friend codes but nintendo's never gonna do it which is a shame whenever i was trading my "friend code" with someone at school it would always take a while as no-one would easily memorise their friend code unless they were lucky to get an easy one like "1999-2999-3999"

I don't think that they should make new games apart from metroid or zelda, mario etc... just for the sake of it though i mean if they're selling then they must be doing something right and they are trying to keep some variation between the games. e.g. super mario galaxy instead of just plain old mario like the new super mario bros. wii although that still does look awesome

Last edited by yodazeltchy1 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
yodazeltchy1
yodazeltchy1
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by LastRambo341 Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 am

The Wii titles are successful, it would be foolish for Nintendo to stop making these type of games. They're top sellers.
LastRambo341
LastRambo341
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by cataback Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:44 am

my 4 are
1yeah online Servise like PSN or Seganet
2Wii achievement type things kind like trohpys or achevments
3 Bigger space on wii ware titles so they can put games that are on live arcade and PSS
4:Star fox,F-zero,kirby Dk(real Dk no konga krapp for me)The return of Nintendos biggest baddest franchizes like what i stated imagne if Star fox wii had Kick ass online like Battlefield 1943 or f-zero having online like Mario kart
cataback
cataback
GameBoy
GameBoy

http://aaa-productions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HogisGuy Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:38 am

One thing i think should stop being released is PARTY GAMES!! new owners will have a choice of like what, a million Party games. Cut the crap and release GAMES now dammit
HogisGuy
HogisGuy
GameBoy
GameBoy

https://www.youtube.com/HogisGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:21 am

If #1 came true I would be so happy. I know a lot of people who would play it more if it was kinda like PSN.
#2 I could care less as long as they don't bring something stupid.
#3 Yeah they really have to stop those or make them better. Those games could do more than what's in them too.
#4 I don't think they need a price drop. If they did, make it $200, nothing lower.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:27 am

on 2 i been saying that for a while.. nintendo should make new faces to join the nintendo franchise.. it seems they only have 3 threats to Sony and Microsoft now.. and that's mario, Zelda and metroid... but don't forget pikmin is new don't deny that, he only joined club nintendo in the gamecube era, but as i was saying us ninty fans need a complete badass and tough type of character like mario, Link and samus, if they make a star fox wii, he will defenetly compose a threat to its competition..

and on 3. yes get rid of wii sports series, it should be done already, wii music sucked, its a worth a rent if you wanna check it out but not buy

and on the lowering the price to $199.00, i don't think its a good idea yet, if the wii keeps dropping in sales then it can lower it, but at the moment its doing fine i reckon
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:12 am

Here is a fifth reason.

5# Stop with this casual bullshit and go back to the hardcore Nintendo you use to be.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by superpiper123 Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:55 am

I agree with you on the most part. However, Wii sports is awesome if you have a few friends over. Nintendo shouldn't create an entirely new franchise just yet. For one, that is a pretty tall order for them. Also, they have perfectly good franchises that they can use that are just sitting in the corner. I am pretty sure that a lot of people want a Starfox Wii or a Kirby Wii.

superpiper123
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am

Nintendo has franchises all over the place, just having made a game for them in years. One great franchise is EarthBound, but there are reasons for that.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by nerd2max Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 am

Nintendo needs to make an M-Rated franchise
nerd2max
nerd2max
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:02 am

Firstly... NO Price Drop! I'll explain why. Do you guys all remember that little system called the GameCube? When the GameCube came out it was already priced lower than the PS2 and Xbox and you know what people did, they perceived it as "Cheap". Funny thing is The Gamecube was more powerfull than the PS2 and had everything the PS2 had. The only reason the cube ended up being 99.99 and the PS3 was 129.99 was because you ended up paying Sony 30 dollars for DVD playback. Funny thing is the Gamecube has a DVD drive and with a soft or hard mod can play DVD movies. So there really was no reason to make the GameCube THAT affordable. The last thing Nintendo needs from a PR perspective is for the masses to think of the Wii as "Cheap"

Secondly, The online Is JUST FINE! Nintendo could stand to use the Mario Kart Wii stile of connectivity with their online games or even go the EA route. If any of you have played "Grand Slam Tennis" or "Tiger Woods" 10 on Wii, you should know that all you need to do is create one EA account and that account is linked to your system so no matter what game you play, your screen name follows you. No need for Friend Codes (even thou EA still supports them for the hey of it). As long as Nintendo follows EA's example, online gaming on Wii would be perfect.

A BETTER WEB BROWSER... Is needed. As it stands, the Internet Channel is a joke. Its so bad that I would tell someone to install the .wad file before I ever tell someone to waste 500 Wii points on that browser. Nintendo seriously needs to give the thing a Flash update.

Um... I think that's about it. I really don't have an issue with the Data storage space, especially since you can use a 32gb SD card. Nintendo could stand to create something of a system memory expansion bu taking 1 gig from an SD card and using it as a "page/virtual memory" file.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 am

Yes we know that the online is fine, it'll just be nice to have an online service like PSN or Live.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:14 am

FaytSaratome wrote:Yes we know that the online is fine, it'll just be nice to have an online service like PSN or Live.

-Which will never happen. I'm not saying that to be mean I'm saying that because of a technical standpoint. Its just the way Nintendo made the system. I'll explain. When a Wii disc or game is started, that game or the "game application" takes full control of the system. Unlike the 360 and PS3 where there's enough of the system's resources to have a underlining OS work alongside the game, On Wii the game takes everything the system has to offer. You're probably thinking... "Well what do you say about the "Home menu", huh?". The Home Menu is built in to each game and is not a part of some overall OS of the Wii. Play a newer Wii game and look at the design of the Home Menu, now do the same with an older game. You will see subtle differences. The only way to create a universal "set of features" within the home menu would be for Nintendo to come up with to some new HM design and then mandate all the third parties to use that design. Either way, the HM would still not be apart of the system but yet another "function" within the game application. That's why creating a system like XBL or PSN would not be so easy on the Wii.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 am

Actually I know full well how the system works. I don't really mind how it is, just wish they thought this up before making the Wii. But Nintendo doesn't like online.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 am

I wouldn't say they don't like online rather they have a different view of it. Honestly I would love to see all the third parties use a revamped HM code that tells the game to check for your Wii Mailbox for messages every 5-10 minutes then give you some notice (Blue light, Icon, or text bar at bottom of screen) when you receive something. I would also like to see a clock within the home menu. This would be a good reason for companies to use Dual Layer disc more often. Use the first layer for data and the second layer for the "faux OS" that would give us "Live like" features. Its high time DL disc were to be used anyway.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:29 am

Yeah I know what you mean. Well with Guitar Hero and Rock Band using SD cards for large DLC, I think we're in a right direction at least.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:34 am

FaytSaratome wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. Well with Guitar Hero and Rock Band using SD cards for large DLC, I think we're in a right direction at least.

I was VERY happy to hear that we are getting full albums on the Wii version of GH5! Hopefully Activision will use the same SD streaming system for CoD4 and give us more maps. Hopefully the powers that be wo work on SD technology will go along with the rumor and end SDHC with the final hurrah of a 64GB card then Start SDXC with either 256GB (if they want to go that low) or just jump to 1TB.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah, hopefully every game will follow Activision and do the same.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next