The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games

+5
Jade789119
T. Bak
ElkinFencer10
nintendorocks
Godwind
9 posters

Go down

Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games Empty Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games

Post by Godwind Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Gamestop Used Prices
Metroid Prime 1- $6.99
Metroid Prime 2- $14.99
Metroid Prime 3- $24.99
Memory Card- $9.99 (Official Nintendo 59 blocks)
Memory Card- $2.99 (Madcatz)
Controller- $14.99 (Official Nintendo)
Controller- $7.99 (Third Party)

Official Total $71.95
Third Party Total 57.95

Metroid Prime Trilogy $49.99
Total $49.99

It goes without saying, I think every Wii user should have a Gamecube controller and Memory Card to play Gamecube games on the Wii.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games Empty Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games

Post by nintendorocks Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:59 am

why would you want to get all that it's more expensive and inconvenient
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games Empty Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy vs All Three games

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:56 pm

nintendorocks wrote:why would you want to get all that it's more expensive and inconvenient
And MP1 and 2 don't have the Wii's badass motion control if you don't get Trilogy.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bak Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Im thinking about getting the trilogy. i have played 3 but thats it and would like to do a trade in. my questions are how much do you think i would get for 3? are they that even that good a deal?
T. Bak
T. Bak
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:30 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
nintendorocks wrote:why would you want to get all that it's more expensive and inconvenient
And MP1 and 2 don't have the Wii's badass motion control if you don't get Trilogy.
see the wii trilogy is more convenient and cheaper
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:31 am

T. Bak wrote:Im thinking about getting the trilogy. i have played 3 but thats it and would like to do a trade in. my questions are how much do you think i would get for 3? are they that even that good a deal?
Well, GameStop is selling Trilogy for $50 and Corruption for $40 (not sure how they expect to make any money on Corruption); you'll probably get $15 for Corruption since GameStop is full of tight wads.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:38 pm

im getting it but they dont sell it at block buster Sad (closest store to me)
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Well, trade in value for all 3 prime games now lowed with the release of Trilogy.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Bak Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
T. Bak wrote:Im thinking about getting the trilogy. i have played 3 but thats it and would like to do a trade in. my questions are how much do you think i would get for 3? are they that even that good a deal?
Well, GameStop is selling Trilogy for $50 and Corruption for $40 (not sure how they expect to make any money on Corruption); you'll probably get $15 for Corruption since GameStop is full of tight wads.
i know what you mean about them being tight wads and 15 was what i was shooting for so ill be buying that
T. Bak
T. Bak
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Godwind wrote:Gamestop Used Prices
Metroid Prime 1- $6.99
Metroid Prime 2- $14.99
Metroid Prime 3- $24.99
Memory Card- $9.99 (Official Nintendo 59 blocks)
Memory Card- $2.99 (Madcatz)
Controller- $14.99 (Official Nintendo)
Controller- $7.99 (Third Party)

Official Total $71.95
Third Party Total 57.95

Metroid Prime Trilogy $49.99
Total $49.99

It goes without saying, I think every Wii user should have a Gamecube controller and Memory Card to play Gamecube games on the Wii.

Why not just get the Trilogy? Your price comparisons prove the Trilogy is the better deal. Why the heck would the consumer want to buy all that stuff for $57.95 when the consumer can get the Trilogy all on one disk for $50?

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:31 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:

when trilogy recently came out, gamestop let me put metroid prime 3 towards trilogy with a $20 trade value. don't thin the gc games would be worth as much though.

btw, get the collector's edition, since it only costs $10 more, it comes in a beautiful case, comes with a cooler manual, and contains an epic art book that has a full 5 page Metroid Prime Trilogy back-story included. Did i mention that the case has one of the coolest box-arts ever?
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSabbath370 Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Why not get everything, even though everything is improved and additional bloom lighting. I enjoyed playing 1 and 2 with the gamecube controller, it's just an added bonus to play them with the wiimote =)
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 pm

BlackSabbath370 wrote:Why not get everything, even though everything is improved and additional bloom lighting. I enjoyed playing 1 and 2 with the gamecube controller, it's just an added bonus to play them with the wiimote =)

because it cause of the $50+ pricetag
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:53 am

they only sell the collectors in NA
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Jade789119 wrote:they only sell the collectors in NA

ah thanks. Smile
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSabbath370 Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
BlackSabbath370 wrote:Why not get everything, even though everything is improved and additional bloom lighting. I enjoyed playing 1 and 2 with the gamecube controller, it's just an added bonus to play them with the wiimote =)

So, you don't go and spend all that money for everything at once, they're not that hard to find, just buy one at a time
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:04 pm

BlackSabbath370 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

So, you don't go and spend all that money for everything at once, they're not that hard to find, just buy one at a time

except the wii version is much easier to control, has more included, and is arguably more fun due to the acheivements system and the bloom lighting edition to the first 2 games.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSabbath370 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
BlackSabbath370 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

except the wii version is much easier to control, has more included, and is arguably more fun due to the acheivements system and the bloom lighting edition to the first 2 games.

To me, that doesn't matter, just cause the wii version has these improvements doesn't mean don't get the first 2 on gamecube, it's an entirely different experience with a gc controller, i just think it's a bonus that Retro decided to do this cause they didn't have to but it's great that they did
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 pm

BlackSabbath370 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:
BlackSabbath370 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

To me, that doesn't matter, just cause the wii version has these improvements doesn't mean don't get the first 2 on gamecube, it's an entirely different experience with a gc controller, i just think it's a bonus that Retro decided to do this cause they didn't have to but it's great that they did

same way valve didn't have to make the orange box, but made one of the greatest deals because of it. I know what you mean.

anyways, i've never been a fan of controlling FPS games with a console controller instead of pointing at the screen to aim (or keyboard and mouse, which is also a great control scheme.) If you like the game more with a console controller, then enjoy the game the way you most like to. however, the reason why i got a wii was for its great control scheme.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomer Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
I traded it my copy of Corruption for Trilogy, I got $9. A used copy of Trilogy was $30 back then. It seems like GS pays 33% of their used price for every game you trade in.

Boomer
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 am

Boomer wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:
I traded it my copy of Corruption for Trilogy, I got $9. A used copy of Trilogy was $30 back then. It seems like GS pays 33% of their used price for every game you trade in.

right when the game came out, (or about 2 weeks later), eb games allowed you to trade the game towards trilogy, making prime 3 worth a $20 trade value.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 pm

i was playing trillogy and i beat meta ridly keep going thinking a save point was ahead (i was low on health) and well i was attacked by metriods got past them with 10 energy was at 40 and keep going expecting a save but nope run into another boss i die and have to do it all again Razz
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Jade789119 wrote:i was playing trillogy and i beat meta ridly keep going thinking a save point was ahead (i was low on health) and well i was attacked by metriods got past them with 10 energy was at 40 and keep going expecting a save but nope run into another boss i die and have to do it all again Razz

Metroids are the most annoying enemies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:39 am

yup lol and im new to the game
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down