The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

+5
Jade789119
supercraig34
sikokiller
Deathslizer
darkwingdragon709
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii? Empty does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 am

...i was never a fan of the PS2 and really can't wait for it to finally die out. but when a console completely holds another back...thats when there's a problem. i am SICK and tired of these lazy devs makin multiplat games and usin the ps2 version to build the wii version, then get in the media sayin bullcrap like "we built it from the ground up on the wii". all that does is two things, it makes the wii look bad cause other devs and 360/ps3 fantards actually believe that it shows what the wii can do. and it TRICKS people into thinkin they actually made an effort for a wii game, when its OBVIOUS that they used the ps2 build and slapped some weak motion control in there...and the real bad part is that they don't even TRY to hide this. i'll never forget when i bought spiderman 3 for wii and actually thought it was the same game as the 360/ps3 versions...but then find that it was the ps2 version with motion control that was soo bad that it made THAT the better choice. after gettin web of shadows for wii(due to the alternate costume choice...i thought it was WAY better then the stupid partner thing on 360)i actually thought activision understood that it IS more then possible to make wii games that are the same the others but simply with less visuals...but then they prove me wrong YET again.

sorry for this wall of text, but i'm FED UP with this...CRAP!!!! btw, MUA 2 means marvel ultimate alliance 2...just in case people don't know what i means.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii? Empty Re: does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

Post by Deathslizer Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:04 am

Well... yea but what can you do ?... If nintendo didnt op to make the wii an underpowered console this gen we could have seen a lot more multiplats that could have made it onto the wii ... i agree with you but still that power is out of our hands .. all we can do is moan and bitch abt it .. our primary source of quality games are also 1st party which is quite a shame ...

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii? Empty Re: does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 am

Deathslizer wrote:Well... yea but what can you do ?... If nintendo didnt op to make the wii an underpowered console this gen we could have seen a lot more multiplats that could have made it onto the wii ... i agree with you but still that power is out of our hands .. all we can do is moan and bitch abt it .. our primary source of quality games are also 1st party which is quite a shame ...
heh heh yeah, well sense thats all i CAN do...then i'm gonna just bitch and moan a bout it then. seriously, how can devs even rightfully call themselves that when they're comfortable with doin this crap? what happened to the times when makin games was a pasion rather then a lazy cash in?

the only thing i dissagree with in your post was about ninte makin a weaker console the reason for this crap. fact is, the majority of the games that are out right now on the 360/ps3 CAN be done on the wii with as little as a graphical change.and seein up commin games like monster hunter 3, metroid other m's pre-alpha, and mario galaxy 2...not even THAT much of a downgrade. it wasn't just the psp class graphics that was tacked on, there was no online or dlc, when the wii is more then capable of both. there's a major difference when a dev knows the limitations of a console but uses its strengths to get around them(like they've done for years with the ps2), and when they simply don't try to find that middle ground and throw some slop at people...then have the GALLS to blame the console for the crap they made when it doesn't sell.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Sorry but the wii is in fact an underpowered console like it or not i mean .. even games like house of the dead overkill and dead rising : CTYD , ive seen some frame rate drops and the graphics arent the best .. But i do agree that devs are too bloody lazy to downgrade versions compatible for the wii hence why multi plats usually look better on 360 than they do on ps3 .. cuz they're too fking cheap ...

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Deathslizer wrote:Sorry but the wii is in fact an underpowered console like it or not i mean .. even games like house of the dead overkill and dead rising : CTYD , ive seen some frame rate drops and the graphics arent the best .. But i do agree that devs are too bloody lazy to downgrade versions compatible for the wii hence why multi plats usually look better on 360 than they do on ps3 .. cuz they're too fking cheap ...
i can tell you why dead rising was bad. it was outsourced to a dev that wasn't capcom with a development period of 6 months, and a budget of under $500,000...anyone that may've expected crapcom to give two shits and a damn about that port was foolin themselves. bu notice how much better made games like metroid prime 3 had no such jaggies...AND it looked better.

the wii bein underpowered compaired to the 360/ps3 is no excuse for devs to delibratly make crap for a console that they claim to support.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:46 pm

i think there 360 and ps3 fanboys, they enjoy making wii owners starve
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by supercraig34 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:14 pm

everybody check out this new game form phantom games studio The game is called Judgment day and its a fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmuZQqqZW2E&feature=channel_page

supercraig34
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathslizer Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 pm

sikokiller wrote:i think there 360 and ps3 fanboys, they enjoy making wii owners starve

i seriously doubt fanboys have anything to do with devs choices for games ... they prefer money over customer satisfaction most of the time lol..

Deathslizer
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 pm

supercraig34 wrote:everybody check out this new game form phantom games studio The game is called Judgment day and its a fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmuZQqqZW2E&feature=channel_page
....huh? i didn't see anything. all that was there was stars in space...in fact the vid seemed fake or somethin

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 am

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
supercraig34 wrote:everybody check out this new game form phantom games studio The game is called Judgment day and its a fps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmuZQqqZW2E&feature=channel_page
....huh? i didn't see anything. all that was there was stars in space...in fact the vid seemed fake or somethin

it did look fake is that a real trailer it looks like virtual console
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Too many initials....What's MUA2?
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Too many initials....What's MUA2?
its at the end of my rant. marvel ultimate allience 2.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:55 am

omg yes an huge insult now thsati know what it is lol yea wii was ripped off their i wont even consider buying this game
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:20 am

what does MUA stand for
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Ohh...Yeah, I wasn't going to buy it anyway. This Capcom Vs game about which I keep hearing though....maybe.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 pm

I totally agree with you. The PS2 NEEDS TO DIE! I think sony keeps this damn system around because they know exactly what PS2 does to the Wii game development cycle. They cant beat the Wii in pure sales so they try to hinder the system by corrupting the development cycle.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 pm

LightyKD wrote:I totally agree with you. The PS2 NEEDS TO DIE! I think sony keeps this damn system around because they know exactly what PS2 does to the Wii game development cycle. They cant beat the Wii in pure sales so they try to hinder the system by corrupting the development cycle.
...would an arrogant, uncreative, and cunnin company like sony really do somethin like that?...ya know what? i wouldn't put it past them.
jokes aside, sony needs to let the ps2 die while it still has some dignity. the only games that are made for it now is crap(not that it hasn't been that way for the ps2 all of last gen except for a good handfull of games), all its doin now is givin devs an excuse/crutch for makin bad wii games.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
LightyKD wrote:I totally agree with you. The PS2 NEEDS TO DIE! I think sony keeps this damn system around because they know exactly what PS2 does to the Wii game development cycle. They cant beat the Wii in pure sales so they try to hinder the system by corrupting the development cycle.
...would an arrogant, uncreative, and cunnin company like sony really do somethin like that?...ya know what? i wouldn't put it past them.
jokes aside, sony needs to let the ps2 die while it still has some dignity. the only games that are made for it now is crap(not that it hasn't been that way for the ps2 all of last gen except for a good handfull of games), all its doin now is givin devs an excuse/crutch for makin bad wii games.
The PS2's dignity has been forever tarnished, but what's been even more tarnished is the PS3's dignity; it's predecessor is outselling it still. The PS2 has been like Michael Jordan; it's was unbeatable and truly legendary during it's day, but it's day has come and gone, and now it's just old and needs to retire.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:25 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:

YES!!! And lets not forget the PS3 UI controller which is nothing more than a crappy ass version of a Wii Remote with a strobe light bulb at the tip. Im even more possed at the new version of Resident Evil 5 that is being released for that damn controller. What a slap in the face to Wii users! Capcom wont give us RE5 on Wii but they will retool their current PS3 version to add motion controls. That's total bull!
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:16 pm

LightyKD wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:

YES!!! And lets not forget the PS3 UI controller which is nothing more than a crappy ass version of a Wii Remote with a strobe light bulb at the tip. Im even more possed at the new version of Resident Evil 5 that is being released for that damn controller. What a slap in the face to Wii users! Capcom wont give us RE5 on Wii but they will retool their current PS3 version to add motion controls. That's total bull!
PLEASE don't get started on the RE5 bull. i've been tellin people that it was more then possible to be made on the wii but crapcom would rather make on-rail shooters then an real game on the wii. did you see how good darkside chronicles looks? it more then shows how RE5 would look if it was on the wii...it freakin looks AMAZIN, and its a real slap in the face for all them haters that actually believed that crap that crapcom was sayin just to get wii fans off thier backs about RE5.

and about sony...i NEVER liked them and always viewed them as uncreative copycats who try to cash in on other peoples ideas...hell they didn't even come up with the playstation name. i don't know how people can like arrogent copycats like them.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Did you know, and this is true, that Nintendo wasn't the one to give the specs of the console? Some random company just gave them the specs, and that's another reason why we see all these underpowered games on the Wii.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:59 pm

still the ps2 must die it is like a leach right now
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:Did you know, and this is true, that Nintendo wasn't the one to give the specs of the console? Some random company just gave them the specs, and that's another reason why we see all these underpowered games on the Wii.
wait...what? you mean...my goodness, thats the connection, the source, THE ANSWER!!! its all makes sense now. understand somethin guys, i've tryin to connect the dots ever since the wii was launced up until i saw shokio's vid the wii isn't last gen. it all started when i looked at the first trailer for red steel, a game that looked better then anything last gen but just shy of 360 games...the middle ground is what i called it. when it came out it looked nowhere near as good as the trailer which confused me, but then i found out that the game was technically incomplete to meet launch date...and even then the game still a decent example of the wii's graphical power at its lowest. after that though, i started noticin a great deal of crappy and ugly games commin, games that looked so bad that they woulda been dogged out on the dreamcast. the i started thinkin how could a console thats 2X the power of the GC, the system that produced games like RE4, and rivaled and technically outperformed the xbox produce games this ugly? especially after seein redsteel.

i asked myself this for 2 years till i saw shokio's vid about the wii's specs...then i got even more confused, cause the vid and its sources made it obvious that the wii was even more powerful then i was lead to believe.(which i accepted as good enough til i saw the endless wave of crappy game to come) after discoverin that the wii was technically 4X the power of the xbox/cube, i simply couldn't under why devs haven't discovered this by now, and simply wrote it off as them bein lazy and havin no real faith in the wii and thus make visually horrible games. but now understand, whoever it was that exposed the wii's specs showed them either not completely understandin the possibilities of TEV, or simply didn't give all the info. thus causin devs to actually believe that the wii was that weak...even though those specs where the wii at its LOWEST performance ability, with nintendo bein the only company knowin its true power as we've seen with mario galaxy and metroid prime 3.(both completely not possible to be done last gen) and you guys know what the sad part is? only ubisoft,(the people who where laughed by other devs for redsteel, the only game at launch that looked remotely next gen) high voltage,(a backwater dev that outperformed treyarch's WAW effort with thier first attempt at an fps with an unfinished engine, but dragged through the mud by hypocritical reviewers and ps3/360 fanboys that say that the game was too unoriginal) and factor 5(a dev that recently been bankrupt) actually know the truth...that and the fact that i actually typed this wall of text on my wii's web browser.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:58 am

Do your research next time around. Some people like myself are smart enough to understand which games are good and which aren't.

sikokiller wrote:i think there 360 and ps3 fanboys, they enjoy making wii owners starve

I'm not desperate for enjoyable games. I have a collection of games that I am happy with.

You do realize that people are still buying PS2s, right? A system that is still more profitable than its PS3. In addition, there are actually interesting games for the PS2 being released that aren't on the Wii while the Wii has exclusive content that some would call "bad games".

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:Did you know, and this is true, that Nintendo wasn't the one to give the specs of the console? Some random company just gave them the specs, and that's another reason why we see all these underpowered games on the Wii.
wait...what? you mean...my goodness, thats the connection, the source, THE ANSWER!!! its all makes sense now. understand somethin guys, i've tryin to connect the dots ever since the wii was launced up until i saw shokio's vid the wii isn't last gen. it all started when i looked at the first trailer for red steel, a game that looked better then anything last gen but just shy of 360 games...the middle ground is what i called it. when it came out it looked nowhere near as good as the trailer which confused me, but then i found out that the game was technically incomplete to meet launch date...and even then the game still a decent example of the wii's graphical power at its lowest. after that though, i started noticin a great deal of crappy and ugly games commin, games that looked so bad that they woulda been dogged out on the dreamcast. the i started thinkin how could a console thats 2X the power of the GC, the system that produced games like RE4, and rivaled and technically outperformed the xbox produce games this ugly? especially after seein redsteel.

i asked myself this for 2 years till i saw shokio's vid about the wii's specs...then i got even more confused, cause the vid and its sources made it obvious that the wii was even more powerful then i was lead to believe.(which i accepted as good enough til i saw the endless wave of crappy game to come) after discoverin that the wii was technically 4X the power of the xbox/cube, i simply couldn't under why devs haven't discovered this by now, and simply wrote it off as them bein lazy and havin no real faith in the wii and thus make visually horrible games. but now understand, whoever it was that exposed the wii's specs showed them either not completely understandin the possibilities of TEV, or simply didn't give all the info. thus causin devs to actually believe that the wii was that weak...even though those specs where the wii at its LOWEST performance ability, with nintendo bein the only company knowin its true power as we've seen with mario galaxy and metroid prime 3.(both completely not possible to be done last gen) and you guys know what the sad part is? only ubisoft,(the people who where laughed by other devs for redsteel, the only game at launch that looked remotely next gen) high voltage,(a backwater dev that outperformed treyarch's WAW effort with thier first attempt at an fps with an unfinished engine, but dragged through the mud by hypocritical reviewers and ps3/360 fanboys that say that the game was too unoriginal) and factor 5(a dev that recently been bankrupt) actually know the truth...that and the fact that i actually typed this wall of text on my wii's web browser.

Dude, you sound like a crazed mofo. While goes without saying the best effort isn't being made on the Wii, it certainly doesn't match up to the specs of the PS3 and Xbox360. If you were to ask me "what do you think the Wii could handle?", I'll respond the Ninja Gaiden games that have been coming out. A good example would be Ninja Gaiden Black, which would be acceptable on both the Xbox360 and PS3. I would also say the Doom 3 engine is viable on the Wii.

darkwingdragon709 wrote:only ubisoft,(the people who where laughed by other devs for redsteel, the only game at launch that looked remotely next gen)
RedSteel doesn't look that great.

darkwingdragon709 wrote: high voltage,(a backwater dev that outperformed treyarch's WAW effort with thier first attempt at an fps with an unfinished engine, but dragged through the mud by hypocritical reviewers and ps3/360 fanboys that say that the game was too unoriginal)

1) World At War is still the far superior game.
2) The Conduit isn't even great looking for a Wii title. I've seen better PS2 titles.
3) The Conduit isn't High Voltage's first attempt at a first person shooter. They've developed first person shooters for other consoles. I don't know why people keep ignoring this.
4) Let's not forget about those rehashed environments. Lets not forget that dumbass AI. Lets not forget the multiplayer that takes 5 minutes to make a connection.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:00 pm

@Godwind
Please stop chopping people's comments up as if you're trying to prove something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum