The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

+5
Jade789119
supercraig34
sikokiller
Deathslizer
darkwingdragon709
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

Post by darkwingdragon709 Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:32 pm

@godwind
i did do my research, i never said i bought MUA2 now did i? never the less i felt the need to share my thoughts with others.

also, where in my post did i ever say that the wii matched the 360/ps3's specs? all i said was that the wii was far more powerful than its specs lead devs and most to believe which is backed both by other devs who took the time to see, and by some games. you say you think the wii is capable of runnin doom3, one of xbox's best lookin games. well that means the is capable of far more seein as at its weakest its 2X more powerful than the GC which rivaled and technically outperformed the xbox.(a fact that some didn't or chose to ignore) either way, we still aren't seein the wii's true graphical power from any dev other then ninte.

you say redsteel didn't look that good. but it did look good considerin the game was rushed in order to be released on launch date. did you see the game's beta trailer? thats how it was supposed to look, that was by all means nextgen visually.

1. WAW was the better game, but the subject i was on was graphical performance, which the conduit beat it out in spades...a dev whos been makin fps games far before the conduit was even thought of.
2. yes, black is an example of a ps2 game that looked better, but did you forget where i mentioned that TC was done on an unfinished engine? that vs what was obviously last gen consoles at thier best vs a console thats yet to get it potential tapped into by a backwater dev with little but thier own fundin and an unfinished engine. what did you expect.
3.i didn't know they made any other fps, my mistake. what did they make before TC?
4. i thought the AI was very challenging cause i died many times. i BARELY experienced any online glitches, and the longest it took me to get into a game was about 40sec.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii? - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone else think MUA 2 is an insult to the wii?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 pm

@Godwind

"3) The Conduit isn't High Voltage's first attempt at a first person shooter. They've developed first person shooters for other consoles. I don't know why people keep ignoring this."

We already KNOW HVS made other FPSs, we're not ignoring that. But you don't seem to understand that The Conduit is HVS's first attempt at going for making an FPS FOR THE WII. They haven't done an FPS on the Wii yet until now. We already KNOW that The Conduit wasn't HVS's first FPS attempt OVERALL, but it is their first atempt at making an FPS FOR THE WII. Do you see where I'm getting at? I tried explaining this before.

And this is only their FIRST GAME FOR THE WII. The first few tries are always going to have some trouble, but it either improves later, or it doesn't. The Conduit wasn't finished because HVS did not have enough time to finish the Quantum3 engine, which is why Gladiator AD and Grinder are hopefully going to improve where The Conduit left off. Cut HVS some slack, Godwind.

Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:40 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
LightyKD wrote:I totally agree with you. The PS2 NEEDS TO DIE! I think sony keeps this damn system around because they know exactly what PS2 does to the Wii game development cycle. They cant beat the Wii in pure sales so they try to hinder the system by corrupting the development cycle.
...would an arrogant, uncreative, and cunnin company like sony really do somethin like that?...ya know what? i wouldn't put it past them.
jokes aside, sony needs to let the ps2 die while it still has some dignity. the only games that are made for it now is crap(not that it hasn't been that way for the ps2 all of last gen except for a good handfull of games), all its doin now is givin devs an excuse/crutch for makin bad wii games.

i seriously hope the ps2 dies soon, if the ps2 dies now, i hope we don't see no embarrassment games from the ps2 to wii.. developers probably say "hey the ps2 is still in stock how about we put this game on the ps2 just to make a quick buck.. if it wasn't there the wii will finally get quality games (i hope) its sonys ps2's fault i blame them.
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 pm

sikokiller wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
LightyKD wrote:I totally agree with you. The PS2 NEEDS TO DIE! I think sony keeps this damn system around because they know exactly what PS2 does to the Wii game development cycle. They cant beat the Wii in pure sales so they try to hinder the system by corrupting the development cycle.
...would an arrogant, uncreative, and cunnin company like sony really do somethin like that?...ya know what? i wouldn't put it past them.
jokes aside, sony needs to let the ps2 die while it still has some dignity. the only games that are made for it now is crap(not that it hasn't been that way for the ps2 all of last gen except for a good handfull of games), all its doin now is givin devs an excuse/crutch for makin bad wii games.

i seriously hope the ps2 dies soon, if the ps2 dies now, i hope we don't see no embarrassment games from the ps2 to wii.. developers probably say "hey the ps2 is still in stock how about we put this game on the ps2 just to make a quick buck.. if it wasn't there the wii will finally get quality games (i hope) its sonys ps2's fault i blame them.
we can only hope that when it finally does die devs will stop lowerin the wii's standards to last gen...and sadly that may take until next-gen for the ps2 to R.I.P...

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum