The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mario in the Works...

+2
BlackSabbath370
sikokiller
6 posters

Go down

New Mario in the Works... Empty New Mario in the Works...

Post by sikokiller Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:16 am

An all-new Mario game is in development at Nintendo, with news coming from none other than the voice of Mario himself, Charles Martinet.

Nintendo is known to be at work on the soon-to-be-released New Super Mario Bros. and next year's Super Mario Galaxy 2 – but Martinet, who has been the voice of the rotund plumber since 1996's Super Mario 64, says this will be an all-new game.

Speaking on his Twitter (via Joystiq), Martinet revealed on Saturday, "Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!"

Whether the new game is for DS, Wii or (gasp!) an all-new console is yet to be disclosed, although we await further confirmation from Nintendo.
http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/103/1036268p1.html

i tell ya the truth, i don't want a new mario game this gen, we got mario galaxy 2 nsmb wii.. those games made me psyched when i heard those games in the works.. but now there making a brand new mario platformer? Nintendo i will take a bullet for you guys.. but seriously stop milking mario games this gen or you will get a reputation as a company that has nothing but mario.. and i know you dont just have mario, give him a break for a while your burning him out, let him hang his gloved up for a while until the next nintendo system comes out.. there is other games that deserves a return like star fox, Kirby, F-Zero, Kid Icarus... or better yet make a game about Luigi just like Luigi's Mansion.. he needs to be in the spotlight
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

New Mario in the Works... Empty Re: New Mario in the Works...

Post by BlackSabbath370 Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:31 am

I dont think this is a good idea to make yet ANOTHER Mario game whether its for DS or Wii, and i agree that the Big N should look into their other franchises, i would like to see star fox and f-zero make it to the wii, star fox has much potential on the wii but f-zero might be a different story cause i don't see it using the motion controls it would feel 'hardcore' like it's suppose too, just my oppinion
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 pm

...i have a bad feelin that its a new mario party. i hope not cause i'm quite sick of those. the only way i could get excited is if its a REAL sequal to mario RPG legend of the seven stars.

really though, i already got a childhood dream come true in NSMB wii(a co-op mario game that shoulda been done years ago)...minus the all powerful super cape from world. and i almost peed myself when i saw galaxy 2...there REALLY is no need for another mainstream mario game(granted the rpgs technically aren't spin-offs to the story), i can only take so much. they need to put thier time into thier other several IPs like starfox, a return of kid icarus, kirby, a new f-zero(my fav racin game), a real next-gen fire emblem(path of radience was great, but it was still technically a gamecube game), a better custom robo game...and where the heck is pikmin 3?

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:29 pm

I think they should all worry about Mario Galaxy 2 before they start making a Mario Party 9 or another RPG.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Mario games arent bad im a huge mario fan depending on what it is i will be happy.
More mario the better i say. but Zelda,Kirby,starfox, F-zero all need new games 1st.
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Prophet6000 wrote:Mario games arent bad im a huge mario fan depending on what it is i will be happy.
More mario the better i say. but Zelda,Kirby,starfox, F-zero all need new games 1st.

Exactly.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:48 pm

I agree with sikokilller: we already have enough Mario games to satisfy us. Nintendo should be working the Kirby Wii title.

But if anyone wants to know my opinion on the new Mario game: I hope it's an actual Mario Tennis game made from the ground-up, and not a GC port like Power Tennis. I was pretty disappointed that happened even though I've never played Power Tennis, but I have played the N64 one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:54 pm

I Hope it is mario tennis too Jaques7Chef, the n64 verison was intense. I hope they add online. or it could be a paper mario ds but i highly doubt it lol
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:09 pm

BlackSabbath370 wrote:I dont think this is a good idea to make yet ANOTHER Mario game whether its for DS or Wii, and i agree that the Big N should look into their other franchises, i would like to see star fox and f-zero make it to the wii, star fox has much potential on the wii but f-zero might be a different story cause i don't see it using the motion controls it would feel 'hardcore' like it's suppose too, just my oppinion
i respect your Opinion .. and its all true,
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:I agree with sikokilller: we already have enough Mario games to satisfy us. Nintendo should be working the Kirby Wii title.

But if anyone wants to know my opinion on the new Mario game: I hope it's an actual Mario Tennis game made from the ground-up, and not a GC port like Power Tennis. I was pretty disappointed that happened even though I've never played Power Tennis, but I have played the N64 one.

have you played power tennis on Gameboy advance?, that game was kick ass and intense, instead of being mario your be these random kids in an academy trying to get higher in the ranks, thats exactly what game i want on wii, not just tennis, i want an adventure tennis game just like the one on GBA
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Prophet6000 wrote:Mario games arent bad im a huge mario fan depending on what it is i will be happy.

im a huge mario fan aswell, im just saying mario needs a break so other Nintendo games franchises can have a go, if Ninty releases these titles i listed the last puzzle of Nintendo is complete... when these titles are released i can say

now your playing with power!!!.. i say it anyway because im a huge Nintendo fan, always will be, i will take a bullet for Nintendo
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Prophet6000 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:42 am

f-zero wii should have all 4 control types
Prophet6000
Prophet6000
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 pm

sikokiller wrote:

im a huge mario fan aswell, im just saying mario needs a break so other Nintendo games franchises can have a go, if Ninty releases these titles i listed the last puzzle of Nintendo is complete... when these titles are released i can say

now your playing with power!!!.. i say it anyway because im a huge Nintendo fan, always will be, i will take a bullet for Nintendo
i couldn't have said this better myself. don't they know that they literally have more then 7 hardcore franchises in thier armory that they could use at anytime?(even more if you count some of thier classics that just dissappeared like kid icarus and earthbound) if they unleashed atleast 2 installments to those games, we won't hear anyone say ninte has abandoned the hardcore again...they would literally and completely be caterin to both audiences if they did this. mario does not need another when they could simply make people happy and make a new starfox game...or atleast show that they haven't forgot about pikmin 3 by showin a trailer.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Maybe they are already working on Kirby/F-Zero/whatever else they have, just haven't revealed it. That could have been a fake account on the twitter/facebook.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 am

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
sikokiller wrote:

i couldn't have said this better myself. don't they know that they literally have more then 7 hardcore franchises in thier armory that they could use at anytime?(even more if you count some of thier classics that just dissappeared like kid icarus and earthbound) if they unleashed atleast 2 installments to those games, we won't hear anyone say ninte has abandoned the hardcore again...they would literally and completely be caterin to both audiences if they did this. mario does not need another when they could simply make people happy and make a new starfox game...or atleast show that they haven't forgot about pikmin 3 by showin a trailer.

star fox and Kid Icarus is the biggest request Ninty fans want, i only here some request like me for Kirby and F- Zero.. they should go out there make them and make us proud... i know rare wont have any part of star fox but they should get a big developer to take part of it like Team Ninja... wait a minute Team Ninja should make star fox because fox mc-cloud reminds me of an ninja a little bit, a space Ninja actually lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:51 am

he never said it wasnt inside story?
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Jade789119 wrote:he never said it wasnt inside story?

That already came out, he couldn't go do the voices of something that's already out. And the voices are used for every language because it's jibberish, so he wouldn't be going and re-doing them.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:50 pm

oh i c
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down