The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start buying more Wii games!!

+8
darkwingdragon709
Jade789119
Gyoza
Godwind
Mark_Chaos
Prophet6000
sikokiller
Taarec10
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Start buying more Wii games!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Start buying more Wii games!!

Post by SpaniardGamer Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:59 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
SpaniardGamer wrote:
darkwingdragon709 wrote:
SpaniardGamer wrote:Another reason why it flopped is because E.A, didn't advertise the game much as they do their other franchises (i.e My Sims). So, it's really there fault entirely for this crap that they're doing.
thankyou. obviously they think games like the my sims series is more important to back then thier so called AAA effort. again showin what they think about the wii. they seriously need to blame themselves for thier blindness, lazyness, and typecastin for this game not sellin to thier expectations...and in all honesty, what onrails actually sold incredibly? i can't think of any.

You're welcome. And I agree with what you said entirely. My Sims was a good game at first but they started milking it (like Guitar Hero). And House of the Dead: Overkill was nearly at that mark but it wasn't advertised as much (due to Sonic for the Wii, like always).
as far as my sims goes, they seriously need to stop now, i heard that agents was pretty darn good and i'd rather it stopped on a good game...but you know they wont. heck half of these my sims games coulda been wiiware or dlc like kingdoms.

Too true
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:07 am

SpaniardGamer wrote:Another reason why it flopped is because E.A, didn't advertise the game much as they do their other franchises (i.e My Sims). So, it's really there fault entirely for this crap that they're doing.

I will also agree that the lack of advertising for the game was appalling. E.A. Should have done a better job at that. This isnt the GameCube days where a game can survive off of word of mouth alone. well maybe sales will pick up before the end of the year. We haven't even hit Black Friday yet so lets not count any of these so called "failed core games" out yet. While I do believe that sales will improve I DO NOT have faith in the common Gamestop employee. As a former employee who has had many fuss battles with my subordinates and manager about their bias towards Nintendo I can tell you that the bias is there. Its even more sad that they think they can tout this bias and then start bitching at store managers on why Wii product isn't leaving shelves. "Um.... I dunno, maybe if you STOPPED hiring 360 fanboys, Wii customers might actually shop at your stores".
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Where are you guys getting that E.A. is "threatening" to remove hardcore from the Wii?

E.A. is not the developer of DS:E, people. Visceral Games is, E.A. is the PUBLISHER of this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:Where are you guys getting that E.A. is "threatening" to remove hardcore from the Wii?

E.A. is not the developer of DS:E, people. Visceral Games is, E.A. is the PUBLISHER of this game.
people see EA and forget who the real dev is sometimes. all in all, this was merely another test for "wii owners" to see if we'd by "hardcore games" and i'm quite fed up with bein some dev's experiment. everyone is soooo quick to say hardcore wii games don't don't sell when 3rd party devs make em...but did anyone stop to think that they don't sell cause they AREN'T THAT GOOD?!! seriously, can anyone name a single AAA wii game that sold poorly?...hard isn't? cause besides ninte games, there ARE no AAA titles...and if anyone mention madworld and the conduit i may go insane.

maybe instead of devs tryin to test us with crappy on-rails shooters or subpar beat em ups and actually made some mainstream AAA quality games, then they may actually get some good results. but don't say what would and wouldn't sell when there's yet to be any proof for a statement. this is why i can't wait for MH3 to come out, cause hopefully when these stupid, lazy, and typecastin devs get undenyable and inrefutable proof that a mainstream AAA franchise with more then 4 months of dev time and more than 500,000 bucks put into it CAN sell millions, they may open thier concrete walls for minds and finally give the wii some AAA 3rd party support...like they said they were gonna do.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2