The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support?

+4
sikokiller
Permafry_42
RollingSilver
Jade789119
8 posters

Go down

Will the last list sell or not?

Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Vote_lcap71%Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]
Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Vote_lcap29%Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Empty Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 pm

Successful "hardcore-aimed" 3rd party games from 3rd party developers:

CODWaW Wii (Treyarch)
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Capcom)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)
Red Steel (Ubisoft)
No More Heroes (Ubisoft)
Okami (Capcom)
(What else? Can't think of anymore)

3rd party "hardcore-aimed" flops from 3rd party developers:

The Conduit (SEGA, HVS)
Madworld (SEGA)
Cursed Mountain (Deep Silver)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (no idea)
Recently: Dead Space: Extraction (9,300) (E.A.)
(What else?)

Upcoming "hardcore-aimed" 3rd party games:

COD4: MW Reflex (out now, Treyarch)
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Capcom)
Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom, sold over 1 million in Japan)
Red Steel 2 (Ubisoft)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Capcom, duh)
The Grinder (HVS)
Gladiator A.D. (HVS)
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Ubisoft)
Sin and Punishment 2 (forgot)
(What else?)

Let's look at the facts:

-The second list of games that came out this year (2009) so far have been flops because they aren't/weren't "appealing" to gamers for various reasons (the major one is being on the Wii alone), even though these games are/were intended for the exact "hardcore" audience that have been wanting better 3rd party support on the Wii. However, somehow the top list has been aimed at exactly the same audience, and has been successful in sales, selling over 1 million, and these were games that came out in 2008. How is this possible?

-E.A. released a game intended for the more "casual" gamers aka Tiger Woods. The game was a major hit, but it wasn't exactly considered a "hardcore" game. Yet in the same year, E.A. released DS:E intended for "hardcore" Dead Space fans, but recently it is a flop. SEGA released Madworld for the "hardcore violence" fans and it was a flop. HVS released The Conduit intended for "hardcore FPS" fans and even that was a flop. However, Ubisoft released a violent "hardcore" game called No More Heroes, and it sold beyond 1 million; Treyarch released a "hardcore" FPS called COD WaW, and even that sold well on the Wii version. How is this possible, I ask you? (I smell hypocrisy.)

-However, some developers are not giving up on the aiming at the "hardcore" audience like HVS with The Grinder or Gladiator A.D. (which is good, people), while some developers like E.A. seem to be on the fence (which is making fanboys excited, lol jk). We know that Ubisoft, Treyarch, and Capcom definitely haven't backed down on the Wii, given their generous support with MH3, Red Steel 2, NMH 2, COD4, etc.

The question is:

Do you think that the upcoming 2010 "hardcore-aimed" 3rd party games will help "save" 3rd party hardcore support for the Wii?

Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Empty Re: Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support?

Post by Jade789119 Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:16 am

well honestly cod 5 was fun but to the 360 and ps3 gamer they think it sucks because of visuals and everything was taken off. now to me i found it funner then 360 version donno why the 360 cod 5 bored me to tears. i was disapointed to i thought it would be better boy i was wrong. I plain just didn't like it
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support? Empty Re: Will MH3 and TvC "Save" Hardcore Wii 3rd Party Support?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:25 am

Jade789119 wrote:well honestly cod 5 was fun but to the 360 and ps3 gamer they think it sucks because of visuals and everything was taken off. now to me i found it funner then 360 version donno why the 360 cod 5 bored me to tears. i was disapointed to i thought it would be better boy i was wrong. I plain just didn't like it

Yeah, the only thing I like about the 360 version is "Nazi Zombies." Everything else in that version I don't play. I don't have the Wii version, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:49 am

nothing will save third party support because their games will end up being ported to ps3 since all the gamers drooling over most of those titles are ps3/360 owners. if i sound too pessimistic, just know that i spend too much time reading fanboy articles.

enough advertising should do the trick. it worked for red steel, a cruddy game, but a third party game nevertheless. if cod: world at war sold over a million, why can't monster hunter? there just has to be some hype or a good marketing strategy.

Last edited by RollingSilver on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:15 am

i say no since people won't buy a game for the Wii that isn't a kids game (though a game like KH would probably sell.)
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 am

heres a better question where in the holy fuck is the 50 million userbase... these new gamers should get of there arses and buy something for Christ sakes.. im sick of struggling to watch a game sell... and im sick of people bashing them and blame us for not buying the games... did these people brought a wii just to look at it or something?
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:06 am

sikokiller wrote:heres a better question where in the holy fuck is the 50 million userbase... these new gamers should get of there arses and buy something for Christ sakes.. im sick of struggling to watch a game sell... and im sick of people bashing them and blame us for not buying the games... did these people brought a wii just to look at it or something?

People still call the Wii a fad, thinking that it only lasts until its run dry...just like all other gaming consoles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 am

Have these:

The Conduit (SEGA)
Madworld (SEGA)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (no idea)

Getting these:

Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom)
Red Steel 2 (Ubisoft)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Capcom)
The Grinder (HVS)
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 am

lets take a look at your flops list a bit closer to understand why they aren't successful. literally every game listed where new IPs(which is ALWAYS a big strike for games sellin), muramasa is actually doin pretty good last time i checked vgchartz, that shouldn't be up there just yet. also, NONE of these games got good advertisment...i never even heard of cursed mountain til i read it on your list and i goota say...it doesn't look good at all which brings me to my next point. most of these games simply aren't THAT good. they all can be beat in 3-5hrs, no replay value, no depth or any real character development, ugly visuals, or a genre no one is interested in.

as much as you guys say casuals aren't gettin these games, has anyone stopped to think that these people are rentin these games but don't like them? thats what i did and guess what? i either beat the games the same day, didn't like them, or was disgusted by them(madworld)...all in all, NONE of them was worth my money. it isn't the audiences fault that these games sale bad, its the devs makin games no one wants/likes. as far as MH3 and TvC goes, both those games have EVERYTHING tne flops don't have. AAA quality dev time, real next-gen visuals(besides DS:E), mainstream status and well known, LOADS of replay value, not to mention online AND local multiplayer. ask yourself, do you actually think these games would do so bad if they where mainstream/known like EVERY game these 3rd parties are more than willin to put on 360/ps3? MH3 already sold in the millions in japan so it sellin here isn't even a concern...its already a hit, thus provin my point.

all in all, stop blamin people for not wantin subpar efforts and blame the devs who simply WILL NOT put thier AAA mainstream efforts on the wii. the REAL problem is the fact that they don't see the wii as a priority console like the other two and simply put thier secondary efforts, left over time/money, and in A LOTTA cases secondary devs on wii games. then sit back givin no kinda support to the game, then complain when no one buys them.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:10 pm

This just in folks, apparent if it's a game you hate, everyone else hates it too.

You =/= everyone
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:This just in folks, apparent if it's a game you hate, everyone else hates it too.

You =/= everyone
heh heh...nice. all jokes aside, i think 9,000 sells out of a 50 million user base proves what i'm talkin about. of course theres some who bought and enjoy these second rate games...but the majority doesn't. i'm not sayin my opinion on the games is law, but i am sayin that outside of the handful who got/like them, WAY more like didn't.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Wii should be priority as it has the most units sold. Easly if a developer makes a crazy good game on wii that everyone wants it is more likely to sell more on wii then another console. More people = more sales
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Jade789119 wrote:Wii should be priority as it has the most units sold. Easly if a developer makes a crazy good game on wii that everyone wants it is more likely to sell more on wii then another console. More people = more sales
but sadly devs seem to have some kinda racist thing goin with consoles and ignore this simple fact. its almost as if some are goin out of thier way to make the wii look bad or somethin.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Jade789119 wrote:Wii should be priority as it has the most units sold. Easly if a developer makes a crazy good game on wii that everyone wants it is more likely to sell more on wii then another console. More people = more sales
but sadly devs seem to have some kinda racist thing goin with consoles and ignore this simple fact. its almost as if some are goin out of thier way to make the wii look bad or somethin.

Or worse...make Nintendo look bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 pm

i think microsoft iS paying them to make ninty look bad hahaha jk but dont think the games will save 3rd party but it would improve it
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:
sikokiller wrote:heres a better question where in the holy fuck is the 50 million userbase... these new gamers should get of there arses and buy something for Christ sakes.. im sick of struggling to watch a game sell... and im sick of people bashing them and blame us for not buying the games... did these people brought a wii just to look at it or something?

People still call the Wii a fad, thinking that it only lasts until its run dry...just like all other gaming consoles.

im starting to wonder are these people stupid? they don't even know what a fad is, they called the analogue sticks fads when the N64 came out with them as well, now look at it, it became the culture in gaming... motion controls are becoming a gaming culture since Nintys Competitors are doing it now... the gamepad era will be gone in 10 years time just like VHS was taken over by dvd's.. even though i like gamepads, but im just saying the era will be finished in 10 years time
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:44 am

Okami wasn't very successful, in fact it sold about the same amount as The Conduit. Odin Sphere wasn't exactly a run away success, I wouldn't expect Muramasa to be the same. Curse Mountain wasn't exactly the best received game. There are a lot reviews that didn't take too well of the game. I wasn't impressed by the videos they showed. I thought to myself "This is the best they can show off?"

You guys are missing a core point. Third Party Developers are competing against Nintendo. Think about what has been released in 2009 by Nintendo.
-Metroid Prime Trilogy (.25 million sales)
-Punch-Out!! (.64 million sales)
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Yet to be released)
-Wii Sports Resort (5.88 million sales)
-Wii Fit Plus (1.57 Million Sales)
-New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (0.98 Million Sales)
-New Play Control! Pikmin (.39 million sales)
-New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (.31 Million Sales)

Also, remember the PS3 is increasing in the rate of sales. There has been a great deal of interest for a PS3 but with a hefty price tag. Increased interest in hardware will decrease software sales.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:13 pm

I didn't vote in the poll, because theres no in between, i think the games are not well know and will be bashed for being on wii and just a bit overhyped
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

https://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down