The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wii's Online In General

+6
BlackSabbath370
BIGBMH
Super Smash Bros. Fan
MetaSmashBro
Niclyk
Madugaul
10 posters

Go down

The Wii's Online In General Empty The Wii's Online In General

Post by Madugaul Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 am

Ok so we all know that the wii's online isn't the best out of the 3 consoles. like right now im useing the wii's Internet Channel and im come to find myself wanting a keyboard. yet i dont have one. so im wondering what you guys think of the online support the wii has.

Madugaul
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

The Wii's Online In General Empty Re: The Wii's Online In General

Post by Niclyk Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 am

Its fine. I like the internet channel, but the rest is pretty erhmm below average. I like the new updated Nintendo channel though, so theres still hope for some better stuff online Razz

Niclyk
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Madugaul Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 am

Yea ok yes there is still hope. But its not all about the Internet Channel. For example SSBB the online for that game sucks. or for the fact that you have to have people as your friend just so you can talk to them. Thats a real disadvantage for games like Modern Warfare. But i guess it is Nintendo first attempt and im sure it will get better

Madugaul
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:38 pm

The Wii's online has it's ups and downs, I guess it has more downs in general.

What I like:
-Most games are relatively lagless
-Can't be hacked by other gamers (coughXboxLivecough)
-Free
-On the p2p connected games, the host isn't all powerful (Like Halo and Gears is on Xbox, I don't know about the other games)

What I don't like:

-Friend Codes
-Voice chat limited to friends
-Games that need online don't have it
-You can't add a recent player to your friends list

I guess that's it.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:34 pm

I think it's pretty good overall. It has it's pros and cons, but I think more pros overall and it's improving. The online will be much better next generation, so impatience for next gen.

But yeah, it's the worst out of the three, no one can denide that.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by BIGBMH Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 pm

I like that it's free and easy to set up. 360 is a pain since it's not equipped with wireless so you have to get a wireless adapter or have a wired connection. Then you have to pay. Overall PSN is the best probably. 360 fanboys will continue to rave about Xbox live, but for the reasons I mentioned, PSN is better IMO.
Interntet channel is fine. Sometimes I wish it would give the option of using the D-pad and a button to type instead of the pointer.
Console numbers and friend codes are a pain. However, games like Conduit and Mario Kart are making it a lot less of a hassle for console friends to become friends in a certain game and that trend will hopefully continue. If they do it that way, you'll only have to exchange one number.

BIGBMH
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSabbath370 Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Madugaul wrote:Ok so we all know that the wii's online isn't the best out of the 3 consoles. like right now im useing the wii's Internet Channel and im come to find myself wanting a keyboard. yet i dont have one. so im wondering what you guys think of the online support the wii has.

you can plug in a usb keyboard into the wii and it works for the internet channel
anyways, wii online is basically non-existant, but there r ways around that, the solution is to come to this site, theres your wii online :cheers:
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 am

yea wii online isnt all that but it can be improved with dedicated servers instead of hosts. and not to mention FC could be removed it will just take a hell of a lot of work
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:48 am

the Wii browser is better than the PS3 browser...
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:44 am

wats the ps3 flash I was wondering
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Madugaul Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 am

well yes you could have the usb keyboard but yhere is still the matter of the fact that its really slow. thats something they could improve on. yes i am greatful that the wii even has the internet. but you cant even not think about wanting more. one thing that 3rd Party companies need to think about is that if they are going to want the hardcore gamers to be interested in the wii and there games. they need to get rid of the FC and allow voice connectivity without the FC and i know they can do it cuz i dont know if there are more but i have seen one game that dossnt need the FC its i think a tennis game. but we all know that nintendo as head of 1st party wii games wont fo it. because the wii is "family oriented" we wont see it from them. but 3rd Party companies need to help out us hardcore gamers.

Madugaul
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sneakyMAMMOTH Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:01 pm

One great thing about the online is that since you can't talk to strangers, you'll never hear the squeals of little kids that plague XBL.

sneakyMAMMOTH
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

sneakyMAMMOTH wrote:One great thing about the online is that since you can't talk to strangers, you'll never hear the squeals of little kids that plague XBL.
I hate those kids with a burning passion! I'm 15 and my mom recently let me get M-Rated games. (Halo doesn't count) But these 11-yr old kids are playing the most violent games on XBL.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 am

sneakyMAMMOTH wrote:One great thing about the online is that since you can't talk to strangers, you'll never hear the squeals of little kids that plague XBL.

squeek* what was that?1!!

Little children!!!!!

Run!!!!!! They will anoy us allll!!!

Leave the room!!!!!

Hi guys do you like halo?

Aghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Like that? Or am I off lol well I agree about little ones I still find the guy on the other end who is an ultra skilled cussing 14- 22 year old screaming none stop into the mic how he pwd u and won't stop dropping f bombs with little kids crying as their parents take the game away as they hear this cussing through the tv while one child cries as people call him names and tell him he should kill him self....

First game of cod 4 online I endured that... I couldn't even beleive what I heard it was terrible I ended up staring at the tv for 5 minutes wonder how people can endure that? After few more games I didn't see any more of that but it was pure terror. Any way yea it was really pain gull to listen to not to mention how bad I felt for the crying chillins. Most of u probably havnt experenced this then again mabye you have.
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down