The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more

+4
FaytSaratome
SoaringDive
lil boy blue 300
Kamina#1
8 posters

Go down

SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more Empty SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more

Post by Kamina#1 Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 am

“I have to say that it was a space that was open and we took a gamble on it. It’s like, ‘Wow, there’s no mature games on the Wii. Is there an audience out there?’ We did some research, it said there was an audience out there. I won’t comment about Nintendo, they did champion The Conduit as a ‘this is a Nintendo game.’ And, you know, I think they did okay by us. At the end of the day, I just think that you’re seeing kids are skewing much younger towards next-gen. And that’s what I saw out of Conduit. Because not a bad game, visually it’s appealing, right? AI wasn’t that great. High Voltage’s first real effort as an indie developer, creating their own IP. And it was a good effort, right? And there’s always Conduit 2, right? …Anyone past 12 years old was playing 360 and PS3 shooters. And at that point, you can’t tell a 13 year-old, ‘But it’s on the Wii.’ Forget it, you know? That’s not what they see or hear. They’re not really interested in any techno-fetishist aspects of look how great it is on the Wii…And, you know, the effort that we put behind multiplayer on that game to basically get by friend codes and provide worldwide match-making and so on and so forth, I actually thought we dove too deep…

…Circling back to the whole mature Wii thing, again SEGA took a gamble, we put out some pretty decent content. I mean, House of the Dead: Overkill and MadWorld are great Wii games. They really are, especially House of the Dead: Overkill. That game is funny…Yes [it did better than MadWorld]. I mean they’re both doing okay and at the end of the day we’ll make our numbers, that’s good. Conduit’s done quite well for us. It’s been slow burn. That’s the other thing you find out about the Wii. It’s not necessarily first 3 weeks like most titles. And DS. It’s a longer burn, actually. So panicked at first, but it’s like okay.

But that begs the question, are we going to do more mature titles for the Wii? And it’s like, probably not. Look at Dead Space. We were stunned. That was my litmus test. Basically, it’s like, okay, you got EA, who can put all the marketing muscle behind this, an established franchise that scored quite well on 360 and PS3. They should be able to actually hit this out of the park, right? We get numbers, real numbers aside from NPD, and I’m like, ‘Woah.’” - Constantine Hantzopoulos, studio director at SEGA

The only big shock to me is to hear that SEGA probably won't do anymore Mature games for Wii. For a long time there, they said they weren't going to abandon that market. I think Dead Space: Extraction really sealed the deal for them.

this news makes me sad
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hazif95

Back to top Go down

SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more Empty Re: SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more

Post by lil boy blue 300 Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:10 am

I blame my self for not buying the games, the lack of ads for them, and biasness towards the wii. when I get cash i'll buy all those games.
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more Empty Re: SEGA says they probably won’t create more mature games for Wii, talks sales, and more

Post by SoaringDive Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:15 am

I blame people/developers thinking that Mature games are the only games you're allowed to play.

Hey Sega, instead of complaining people didn't buy your game, MAKE a good game, and maybe we'll buy it.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:07 pm

soaringdive wrote:I blame people/developers thinking that Mature games are the only games you're allowed to play.

Hey Sega, instead of complaining people didn't buy your game, MAKE a good game, and maybe we'll buy it.
Yeah maybe stop focusing on how to make Sonic suck more and actually make good games.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Make Jet Set Radio for the Wii, then watch the numbers grow.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Gyoza wrote:Make Jet Set Radio for the Wii, then watch the numbers grow.
Never played, always wanted to.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Do you have a 360 or dreamcast
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Welp... There goes my hopes and dreams for a Madworld sequel/pre-sequel...
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamina#1 Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

Mark_chaos wrote:Welp... There goes my hopes and dreams for a Madworld sequel/pre-sequel...
I know how u feel man Neutral
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:22 am

Kamina#1 wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:Welp... There goes my hopes and dreams for a Madworld sequel/pre-sequel...
I know how u feel man Neutral

Now if you won't excuse me, I'm going to go cry in the corner...
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 am

Actually there is still a chance. Sega didn't make MadWorld, just produced it. Platinum Games could just find a new publisher.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Yeah, the only games Sega makes are the Sonic games (I could make better sonic games by myself than they could).
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Don't blame SEGA blame Sonic Team.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Gyoza wrote:Don't blame SEGA blame Sonic Team.

The Sonic Team is just a small part of SEGA who work on Sonic games and nothing else.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:23 pm

soaringdive wrote:

The Sonic Team is just a small part of SEGA who work on Sonic games and nothing else.
You mean half. I can't really think of an IP that's good aside from Valkyrie Chronicles.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Fine then blame Sammy LTD.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Okay I will. DAMN YOU SAMMY LTD ! ! !
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:50 pm

They got rid of all the original Sonic Team members when they bought SEGA.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamina#1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:36 am

I blame them for making lame sonic games,I want 2D sonic back
Kamina#1
Kamina#1
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 am

thanks for the effort Sega, i blame the fucktard that complain for no mature games and ones they get it, they wont buy it.
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 pm

M rating != good game
E rating != bad game
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:51 am

these devs are killin me with this stuff. so sega's reason for droppin mature rated games for wii is the sales of two unwanted mediocre games and an underrated on-rail shooter? they should count themselves lucky that overkill sold on the same level as a normal game, despite it bein on-rails. as far as mad world is concerned, it didn't sale because it was an over the top niche title with a SUPER short SP, no replay value to speak of, ugly visuals, and not to mention repetative to the MAX...and i don't know about you guys but i found the game disturbing...and to me even MORE disturbing that people actually thought it to be fun.

then sega says DS:E was the nail in the coffin? i'm not EVEN gonna get into that game and my hatred of its existance again. fact is...i don't know what they're complainin about, all the games they produced turned a profit(...well, not sure about madworld), i really don't see how they thought those...not even AA status games would have blockbuster AAA status sales. maybe if sega desided to focus on makin AAA games again THEEEN they'd have the right to open thier mouths. ya want a great game to sale and make ya some money sega? why not try this, make shenmue 3 exclusive to the wii, with great AAA status production values and advertisment up the crack, well made music with quality voice actin, reworked and more frequent combat that outclasses the first 2 complete with exaggerated and stylized motion controlled finish moves, and for the fans release a shenmue 1&2 two pack a year before 3 with reworked visuals to take advantage of the wii's superior hardware...and see don't THAT fly off the shelves.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 pm

I don't like SEGA of America that much after what happened with the Dreamcast
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down