The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled

2 posters

Go down

ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled Empty ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled

Post by BlackSabbath370 Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 am

Update: Ive decided to cancel the review, just simply cause i lost interest in finishing it. Overall, i rate the game a 'Ignore It', its very boring, a basic copy of God of War, no replay value and doesnt have an interesting story (imo). Just stay away from it. Cheers until next time, Happy Gaming.

Hello wii network gamers, Today i rented a new release game called Darksiders and bring the first Week Review from the ATP group. What i will be doing is giving you guys my first impressions of this game, i havent played this game, i dont know much about and giving you guys an opportunity to see what its about in raw form. The time i will be putting in this game will be 2-4hrs. per day for 5 days and i'll have a log on each day i play it and give brief description on how it plays, whats it's about and the difficulty level of it. I will try not to give any spoilers away, if i have to give a spoiler(s) away i will put *Spoiler* sign first and put what it is in brackets and then continue on with the review.

Stay tuned cause this is the Thead i will be posting the review in.

Happy Gaming!

Last edited by BlackSabbath370 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled Empty Day 1 Log

Post by BlackSabbath370 Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Alright, this is my first day log of Darksiders, I will be talking about the first 2hrs of gameplay and i have lots to say. I will be giving a brief summary of what is in the first 2hrs and give my likes and dislikes. So lets get started!

The game incorporates a very heavy, dark, mythological art style and is not for the weak hearted.....well maybe not. Anyways the graphics will be the first thing you will notice on how well detailed each character is; each look very nice. Overall the graphics are great, but not excellent, but they don't overwhelm the entire game, which is a plus.

The story is confusing (for me) at the start, but to my understanding it's dark, very dark and mythical, just like the art style. I'm not going to explain the story because I just don't understand it myself at the moment. As well, it doesn't really give an ultimate goal at the moment, doesn't explain what you're trying to accomplish; it might uncover itself later on.

Now, the majority of the first 2hrs is gameplay and lots of it. You learn the basics like attacking, jumping, aiming, more attacking and special moves that are required to know later on in the game such as climbing walls. flying, grabbing, etc. As you progress along, you collect 'souls', one is currency (blue), health (green), and rage (yellow), currency is used to buy information from some characters, but mostly for buying moves, consumables, weapons and upgrades. The game incorporates some elements from great games like God of War (combat), Zelda (puzzles) and Brutal Legend (upgrade system).

Plus side:
-graphics look great but not overwhelming
-controls take time to getting use to, but become comfortable after awhile
-lots of enemies, mixture of difficultly is well done

Minus side (theres a lot, but because i care):
-Repetitive fighting sequence can happen from time to time when facing large amounts of enemies
-slow dialog, its painful after awhile to watch the cut scenes because the dialog is so boring and slow
-upgrading your character is a slow process, it should be a little quicker cause after a lot of fighting (i mean a lot), I've only been able to buy 3 move upgrades so far and have very little help
-No storyline at the start (so far)

So far I'm enjoying the game for the most part, as i plow through it, I will have more of an idea what might be the ultimate goal be, hopefully (crossing fingers). As well, faster character upgrades too.
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled Empty Re: ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled

Post by SpaniardGamer Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Wow and this is just Day 1. Can't wait for when you can give us the full on perspective of it. But, so far, what kind of rating would you give it?
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled Empty Re: ATP - First Impressions Week Review - Darksiders - Update: Review canceled

Post by BlackSabbath370 Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 pm

SpaniardGamer wrote:Wow and this is just Day 1. Can't wait for when you can give us the full on perspective of it. But, so far, what kind of rating would you give it?

I would have to give it a 'Rent It' for now, it's mostly going to stay that way for a while
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down