The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wii is not last-generation.

+12
Gyoza
AxelDemon
FaytSaratome
boricua
nintendorocks
ElkinFencer10
Ocelot-7
Psp1000Fanboy
Jade789119
Mark_Chaos
Invaderzzim
link2450
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Wii is not last-generation. Empty The Wii is not last-generation.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:59 pm

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07/wii-has-more-power-than-you-think.html

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=9616

http://wii.ign.com/articles/762/762984p1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/867/867498p2.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuiS4ji2Bng

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697163/Wii-Emulator-Spotted-Running-Super-Mario-Galaxy-In-720p-HD.html

http://blogs.ign.com/HV_TheConduit/

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47538

http://hdwarriors.com/index.php/wii/other-consoles-games/203-the-conduit-qa-true-next-generation-experienceq.html

These links prove the Wii's next-gen. I encourage you all to spread the word to anyone.

Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 13 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Wii is not last-generation. Empty Re: The Wii is not last-generation.

Post by link2450 Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 am

i have no time to go to those links..could you just tell me what TEV is ?

link2450
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:06 am

I'm not all that tech savvy, but these 5 articles prove that the Wii can do better than what some developers think. Key word: some, not all. I think this year and next year, we may see some turn of events as some developers, like HVS and The Conduit, are starting to realize and utilize the Wii's full potential with the TEV. In other articles, I'll show developers who are smart with the Wii, and some who are not.

Back to top Go down

Post by link2450 Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:I'm not all that tech savvy, but these 5 articles prove that the Wii can do better than what some developers think. Key word: some, not all. I think this year and next year, we may see some turn of events as some developers, like HVS and The Conduit, are starting to realize and utilize the Wii's full potential with the TEV. In other articles, I'll show developers who are smart with the Wii, and some who are not.
I REALLY hope there is a turn of events...wii has lately been getting shit on and always gets hte short end of the stick

link2450
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:12 am

These articles are not at all long, except maybe the 2nd. It shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes max. Basically the TEV is what is used to customize lighting, shading, mapping, etc. The Wii uses it, Factor 5 uses it, HVS, uses it. It's different from the PS3 and 360 because developers have to make their own stuff on the Wii, whereas the PS3/360 it comes with everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am

Exactly. Which is why I'm showing these articles, to prove to those developers, who say that the Wii is "less powerful than the iPhone," that the Wii could do so much more than just issue ports and other terrible games.

Back to top Go down

Post by link2450 Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:19 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:These articles are not at all long, except maybe the 2nd. It shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes max. Basically the TEV is what is used to customize lighting, shading, mapping, etc. The Wii uses it, Factor 5 uses it, HVS, uses it. It's different from the PS3 and 360 because developers have to make their own stuff on the Wii, whereas the PS3/360 it comes with everything.
thnx for filling me in sounds pretty tight..hope people can manipulate it well

link2450
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, it's definitely not last gen. Shokio already proved this, I believe.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Obviously it's not last gen. And for all the fanboys out that say it isn't "Nextgen" it should be "Current Gen" because this is the 7th and I don't think the 8th is right around the corner. So there's one point that's invalid.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:00 am

Invaderzzim wrote:Yeah, it's definitely not last gen. Shokio already proved this, I believe.

Shokio was actually where I got the 1st article from, but the rest I looked at myself, save for the IGN interview, as the author of the 1st article uses a quote from it. But the other 3 articles I found myself. Yeah Shokio did prove this already, but I'm just helping him out by expanding the knowledge. After all, knowledge is power!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:41 am

i know the GC could achieve original xbox quality visuals but it never did because nintendo leace the door wide open for developers with a room full of awsome things to use but the developers usually use non of this or very little. the TEV is capable of doing so much but not a sigle wii game hs fully exploited this.
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Jade789119 wrote:i know the GC could achieve original xbox quality visuals but it never did because nintendo leace the door wide open for developers with a room full of awsome things to use but the developers usually use non of this or very little. the TEV is capable of doing so much but not a sigle wii game hs fully exploited this.

There are some developers who know the TEV like High Voltage and Factor 5. Ubisoft and EA are using it with Dead Space and Red Steel 2. Capcom with Monster Hunter 3.

The reason being that most developers don't want to use the TEv is because its harder to use than with the PS3/360. Also because of the amount of publicity the Wii's getting with everyone saying that it's "less powerful than the iPhone" and "it's a toy made for little kids and grandmas." We need to show that the Wii is more than what it seems to be. That's why I'm spreading this throughout the Wii Network, and I would encourage people to do the same with these 5 articles I have, but not just here, anywhere around the Internet. You don't have to if you don't want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Preach to the choir tell them the wiis POWER! lol yea but we sholud mabye the more devs hear about us wanting TEV used the better chance they will
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Psp1000Fanboy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 pm

well of course wii isnt last gen????????? Its a seventh generation console and its competing with 360 and PS3???

Psp1000Fanboy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot-7 Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 am

I agree wii can have some kick ass graphics, but not as good as the xbox 360 or ps3
Ocelot-7
Ocelot-7
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm

yea but still no company has fully exploited the TEV lots of its features still were unused in the conduit
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Have these fanboys ever SEEN The Conduit? Its demo got mistaken for a damn 360 game like 2 years before it's release! That game is BEAUTIFUL, and it doesn't even approach the Wii's full potential. The Wii is a MUCH stronger, MUCH more capable system than anyone has given it credit for being.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 pm

"wiis fill rate to resolution ratio is probably on par if not better than x360s FACT

wii is capped 480p buts its gpu has power for greater resolutions pcs with vastly less gpu have done hd for years now

by capping resolution and using effective efficent design you get great graphics

wiis ram is fastest and most sweetly balanced out of all the consoles 1t sram-r is as fast as l2 catch sram

high speed ram capped resolution and loads of compression realtime decompression = massive performance
data comnpression script geomitry compression texture compresion video sound compression low resolutions and no back ground pc like op system= high performance

wii has a deicated sound chip and dedicated sound buz 360 and ps3 have no sound processor at all

wii has a true out of order high efficent cpu clock for clock better than cell

cell and x360 cpu are basic inline chips with loads of threads and overclocked to make up for very basic poor cpu design there no match for a pc cpu

wiis bandwidth and ram @ 480p are clearly comparable to x360s @ 720p

x360s best lookers run at 30 frames a second

prime 3 galaxy and smash bros all have wii leading graphics and all run at 60 frames per second

can 360 fans explain this

wii can run loadscreen free fast data streaming from fast disc and fast flash drive

x360 and more so ps3 stink at load speeds

stop directly comparing a wii to pcs or faked pc cough ps3 cough x360

wii is highly effective and efficent and is pure custom closed system console design

ps2 ports aint wii graphics but sony and bill gates cock suckers are saying that they are wii graphics

please explain eurogamers preview for galaxy if wii aint got graphics"

a quote from an anonymous comment

this seems well researched and little verbal but i think there should be more thoughts like this sent to the lazy devs. And yes wii does load faster then PS3 and X360 i tested 360,ps3 and wii verions of CoD 5 and wii won by far and 360 and ps3 varried so i cant tell what one is better but PS3 loaded faster 60 % of the time.

So i recommending more people spread stuff like this to stop flamers
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 pm

Just added a 6th link. I think it's pretty cool, despite Super Mario Galaxy in full 720p definitely not looking as different as Super Mario Galaxy in full 480p.

Also if any fanboy or lazy developer says that no good games use the Wii's full potential tell them to look at the following games:

Metroid: Other M (EXTREMELY ESPECIALLY)
Metroid Prime: Corruption (ESPECIALLY)
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (ESPECIALLY)
Monster Hunter 3 (ESPECIALLY)
The Conduit
The Grinder
Gladiator A.D.
Dead Space: Extraction

For the GameCube:
Rogue Squadron 2 & 3 (EXTREMELY ESPECIALLY)
Resident Evil 4 (ESPECIALLY)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

All of these games were made from the ground-up...not ported, not toned-down, but from the ground-up...using a Wii, or GC, specific engine. Again, spread the word to anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 am

My bro is bugging me hes a 360 fan boy all of a sudden ... hes like no good games on wii like -_- bad online blah blah blah.
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 am

Jade789119 wrote:My bro is bugging me hes a 360 fan boy all of a sudden ... hes like no good games on wii like -_- bad online blah blah blah.

Like I said, spread the word, show him the games, give him the knowledge. If he ignores all that then, oh well. His loss...

Oh yeah and to everyone, also show Red Steel 2, and Wii Sports: Resort. They're VERY good.

Back to top Go down

The Wii is not last-generation. Empty yep they don't

Post by nintendorocks Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:34 pm

yer they don't im playing the conduit and these graphics are awesome
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by boricua Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Jade789119 wrote:"wiis fill rate to resolution ratio is probably on par if not better than x360s FACT

wii is capped 480p buts its gpu has power for greater resolutions pcs with vastly less gpu have done hd for years now

by capping resolution and using effective efficent design you get great graphics

wiis ram is fastest and most sweetly balanced out of all the consoles 1t sram-r is as fast as l2 catch sram

high speed ram capped resolution and loads of compression realtime decompression = massive performance
data comnpression script geomitry compression texture compresion video sound compression low resolutions and no back ground pc like op system= high performance

wii has a deicated sound chip and dedicated sound buz 360 and ps3 have no sound processor at all

cell and x360 cpu are basic inline chips with loads of threads and overclocked to make up for very basic poor cpu design there no match for a pc cpu

prime 3 galaxy and smash bros all have wii leading graphics and all run at 60 frames per second

wii can run loadscreen free fast data streaming from fast disc and fast flash drive

wii is highly effective and efficent and is pure custom closed system console design

ps2 ports aint wii graphics but sony and bill gates cock suckers are saying that they are wii graphics

this seems well researched and little verbal but i think there should be more thoughts like this sent to the lazy devs. And yes wii does load faster then PS3 and X360 i tested 360,ps3 and wii verions of CoD 5 and wii won by far and 360 and ps3 varried so i cant tell what one is better but PS3 loaded faster 60 % of the time.

wow reading this really made me feel blessed to have a Wii' thanks
boricua
boricua
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:10 pm

boricua wrote:
Jade789119 wrote:"wiis fill rate to resolution ratio is probably on par if not better than x360s FACT

wow reading this really made me feel blessed to have a Wii' thanks
Too bad that when fanboys start to read their brains either splode or they're brains are too small to comprehend what they read.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:49 am

The 5th link wasn't working so I replaced the link with the YouTube video that was from the link. I'm also looking for another link that Shokio mentions in his featured video on his YouTube channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next