The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel?

+29
lil boy blue 300
BIGBMH
Kamina#1
Super Smash Bros. Fan
SpaniardGamer
Invaderzzim
RollingSilver
Shah2354
AxelDemon
Darrien
Darksylux
cataback
boricua
nintendorocks
JakeBanfield
sikokiller
TheNintendoLook
ElkinFencer10
FaytSaratome
Godwind
SoaringDive
Static man2
Gyoza
Mark_Chaos
LightyKD
Jade789119
InvaderZiM900000
MetaSmashBro
Dark-Link
33 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel? Empty Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel?

Post by Dark-Link Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Anyone else think their should Be a New channel. In my opinion Most of the channel are weird/Useless.
The only Two I use is the Nintendo Channel and the Internet Channel. Nintendo should Release those Other Channels in Japan.

If you Could request any Channel, What kind Of channel Would You want? Like would you want like Something like A ebuddy Channel that lets you go on Msn Or a channel that Plays Music in MP3 format, Not AAC. Very Happy
Dark-Link
Dark-Link
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel? Empty Re: Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel?

Post by MetaSmashBro Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:18 pm

I want that channel they released in Europe having to do with Horoscopes and whatnot.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel? Empty Re: Anyone Else Think Their Should be Another Wii Channel?

Post by InvaderZiM900000 Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:52 pm

I'm still waiting for the WiiNoMa Video on Demand channel to come out, it's out in Japan, It would be awesome to watch a video on the Wii and then download it on to the DSi.

InvaderZiM900000
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 pm

hmm well i think a cool one would be a dvd chanal its been proven wii can play dvds and i think if they make a channel for it it would give the wii just another feature
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Nintendo really needs to "stick it" to the cable industry by offering streaming versions of REAL channels. Imagine turning your Wii into a cable box and being able to pick and chose your TV channels, 100 wii points for each channel each month. They could create a main channel similar to the shop channel where they would create a list that you can pick and chose channels from, then you download those selected channels to your SD card for the SD menu or directly to your Wii Menu. Really, I cant believe that Nintendo hasn't thought of this idea yet!
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 pm

LightyKD wrote:Nintendo really needs to "stick it" to the cable industry by offering streaming versions of REAL channels. Imagine turning your Wii into a cable box and being able to pick and chose your TV channels, 100 wii points for each channel each month. They could create a main channel similar to the shop channel where they would create a list that you can pick and chose channels from, then you download those selected channels to your SD card for the SD menu or directly to your Wii Menu. Really, I cant believe that Nintendo hasn't thought of this idea yet!

Hold on... I'm not rich, how does this work?
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:25 pm

It would be a dollar a month Mark. Say you have two channel favorited that would be 24 $ dollars a year. Way cheaper wouldn't you say.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Static man2 Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:38 pm

i want a channel that lets me have ds games on my tv screen it would look a little bluryer on the tv but it would be sweet.
Static man2
Static man2
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:58 am

still the more the better
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm

A channel that you put a name into like a Wii version of a PSN/Gamertag, then find people by a gamertag/psn (Wii version) and it automatically puts their FC in your friends list if they agree. It will make FCs not so difficult and more fun.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:47 pm

On a personal note, I still use a fair amount of channels. The News Channel, Internet Channel, Nintendo Channel, Wii Shop Channel, Homebrew Channel (unofficial), Disc Channel, Photo Channel.

At one point in time, I use to use channels such as the Everybody Votes Channel, Mii Channel, Check Mii Out Channel and the Forecast Channel. Although I lost interest in them. I don't think they need a new channel. It would be nice to keep things fresh with new channels.

LightyKD wrote:Nintendo really needs to "stick it" to the cable industry by offering streaming versions of REAL channels. Imagine turning your Wii into a cable box and being able to pick and chose your TV channels, 100 wii points for each channel each month. They could create a main channel similar to the shop channel where they would create a list that you can pick and chose channels from, then you download those selected channels to your SD card for the SD menu or directly to your Wii Menu. Really, I cant believe that Nintendo hasn't thought of this idea yet!

Nintendo tends to avoid subscription based fee related services. I would rather have free streaming internet anyways. Although your idea isn't bad. Since most people probably watch x amount of channels anyways, it could be a better offering.

Static man2 wrote:i want a channel that lets me have ds games on my tv screen it would look a little bluryer on the tv but it would be sweet.

It worked well with the gameboy although the DS would be a different story.

soaringdive wrote:A channel that you put a name into like a Wii version of a PSN/Gamertag, then find people by a gamertag/psn (Wii version) and it automatically puts their FC in your friends list if they agree. It will make FCs not so difficult and more fun.

Or chuck the friend code system and use one standardized code for all your games. It seems like the obvious choice, especially since it is becoming included into the recently released The Conduit and the upcoming Guitar Hero 5.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:58 pm

That's what I mean. They are unable to get rid of the FCs all together, but you could have Wii Online Names or something which adds someone to your normal Wii friend list or a certain game if you chose. If they are added to the normal Wii friend list then it will also be incorporated into the games that do what Conduit and GH5 do.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:33 am

soaringdive wrote:That's what I mean. They are unable to get rid of the FCs all together, but you could have Wii Online Names or something which adds someone to your normal Wii friend list or a certain game if you chose. If they are added to the normal Wii friend list then it will also be incorporated into the games that do what Conduit and GH5 do.

And for games that are already using Friend Codes? Stuff like that cannot be retro fitted on the Wii.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 am

We do need more channels, it just seems plain without more.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 pm

What we need is a Downloadable Content Channel with content for all Wii games; for example, downloading an updated for Battle Revolution with Shaymin's and Giratina's new Platinum forms, or downloading new characters or official Nintendo stages for Brawl.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNintendoLook Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 pm

like what kind of channel what do u mean
TheNintendoLook
TheNintendoLook
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNintendoLook

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark-Link Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:04 pm

TheNintendoLook wrote:like what kind of channel what do u mean

Any channel, Im wondering if anyone else thinks having more channels would be good and what kind of channels would you like.
Dark-Link
Dark-Link
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 am

MetaSmashBro wrote:I want that channel they released in Europe having to do with Horoscopes and whatnot.

trust me man, i have it.. its boring as hell.. worst channel ever
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeBanfield Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:11 am

what about a wii-nextwork channel ( never heard that before Razz ) but it'd be like a lobby were you can go to chat boxes exchange FC and chat about nintendo ( not a fourm ) just a chat box....
JakeBanfield
JakeBanfield
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 pm

I deleted both Check Mii Out and The Voting Channel because I hadly use them anymore. I hardly use the Mario Kart Channel, unless I play the game. I hardly use the Wii Speak Channel because nobody's on when I get there (but I do use Wii Speak). I never use the News or Forecast Channel, I stopped with the Mii Channel. I don't have Homebrew because I don't want to mess up my Wii. The only channels I use are the Nintendo Channel, the Photo Channel, the Wii Shop Channel, and the Internet Channel. And the Disc Channel, if that ever counts.

@LightyKD

The TV channel has already been thought of in Japan:

Television Friend Channel
The Television Friend Channel (Terebi no Tomo Channel in Japan) allows Wii users to check what programs are on television. Content is provided by G-Guide. The Channel is said to be "very fun and Nintendo-esque".[35][36] A "stamp" feature allows users to mark programs of interest with a Mii-themed stamp. If an e-mail address or mobile phone number has been registered in the address book, the channel can send out an alert 30 minutes prior to the start of the selected program. The channel tracks the stamps of all Wii users and allows users to rate programs on a five-star scale. Additionally, when the channel is active the Wii remote can be used to change the TV's volume and channel so that users can tune into their shows by way of the channel.[37] The Television Friend Channel launched in Japan on March 4, 2008. It is unlikely to be launched outside Japan, as most countries (unlike Japan) have a guide built into set-top boxes and/or TVs.[38]

Source: Wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:55 pm

don't know but nintendo will think of something
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by boricua Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:16 pm

a demo channel would be afro
boricua
boricua
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by cataback Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:46 pm

a channal were you can download stuff for games EG map-packs for conduit,CODWAW Charaters for Brawl and mario kart ect and demos for free
cataback
cataback
GameBoy
GameBoy

http://aaa-productions.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksylux Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 am

Id like a channel that shows if my wii friends are online or not and shows what game they'er playing.

Darksylux
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 am

We need an update to the Wii Speak channel where you can run games having Wii Speak channel running in the background, so you can cross-game chat without even playing the game online or anything.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next