The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revamp of Nintendo WiFi Connection

+15
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Esnel Pla
MetaSmashBro
Prophet6000
EvilMrChicken
Gyoza
nintendorocks
SoaringDive
AxelDemon
Jade789119
Static man2
Lilcross
SpaniardGamer
Shokio
Taarec10
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Revamp of Nintendo WiFi Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Revamp of Nintendo WiFi Connection

Post by Jade789119 Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Main key things is

FC must be tossed no one likes em
Friend traking/ vioce chat
and demos if posible
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Revamp of Nintendo WiFi Connection - Page 2 Empty Re: Revamp of Nintendo WiFi Connection

Post by AxelDemon Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Jade789119 wrote:Main key things is

and demos if posible

all of those things are possible. They just require some effort.
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

https://www.youtube.com/AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Jade789119 wrote:Main key things is

and demos if posible

all of those things are possible. They just require some effort.

And time which is running out (new generation gotta get working on a new console cant wait till last minute Razz)

and im curious on cod modren warfare reflex there have been glitches but they have been patched... With no download or anything no system update some guy told me on you tube and i saw the glitch matter of days after it was on youtube it was patched
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

I believe that because its not nintendos servers, they can do whatever they want
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:37 pm

No downloads tho isnt the map information saved on disk not on a server?
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:42 pm

it might be a little of both.
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 pm

affraid Reflex got patched? I didn't know Wii games could get patched...
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Esnel Pla Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 am

None of what is being spoken about in this thread is possible due to hardware and software limitations. Sorry.

Esnel Pla
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Esnel Pla wrote:None of what is being spoken about in this thread is possible due to hardware and software limitations. Sorry.

1) demos have been done already, and its only a matter of if nintendo wants to continue working with demos
2)Wii speak is already in some games, why can't it be in all of them?
3) Tatsunoko vs Capcom is almost friendcode free, so why can't other games be the same at least
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I don't think an revamp of online is necessary this generation (It will next gen), but I would glady apperatice it and that would make an PS3 that much less desireable. One of my main attraction towards the PS3 is the online.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Esnel Pla wrote:None of what is being spoken about in this thread is possible due to hardware and software limitations. Sorry.

1) demos have been done already, and its only a matter of if nintendo wants to continue working with demos
2)Wii speak is already in some games, why can't it be in all of them?
3) Tatsunoko vs Capcom is almost friendcode free, so why can't other games be the same at least
4) Monster Hunter 3 has no Friend Codes AND Wii Speak, with (this might be false) updated missions or something like that.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Shokio wrote:That's the one thing that I hate about the Wii - the online. Nintendo has stated numerous times that they want to be better than XBL, but they haven't done anything toward that statement. Reggie also promised a Wii Online Community, so maybe that'll be revealed soon.

Nintendo will reveal it when they need to. Its what they do.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Coming from an expert developer. Gotcha ya!

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:41 pm

right. and WHO made you an expert on console limitations? quite a few of the things listed is already bein done. MH3 has no friendcodes and wiispeak, DLC has been done already, someone above said MW:reflex has been patched,(i didn't know about that one) seems to me that its only a hop skip and a jump from bein perfect. havin custom dashboards and a virtual world for miis isn't that hard to do.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Esnel Pla Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am

Well, maybe I was a bit harsh and saying it, but for the most part, it's true. Lack of a hard drive really does not allow for major game updates. You'll never see older Wii games have WiiSpeak added on. You'll never see any game that used the Friend Code system prior not use it in the future. Don't expect demos for retail games. I doubt more WiiWare demos.

If you want to bitch at me just because I said something negative about Nintendo, you can fuck right off. I love Nintendo, I love the Wii and I love the DS and you all do too. But if you want this stuff, you're expecting Nintendo to be something that they're not.

Oh, and for anyone smartass enough to sit here and say "WAH YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PROGRAMING SO HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT" should share with me their programming experience and lay out how Nintendo should update their online system to match that of a 360 or PS3.

Esnel Pla
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:34 am

Damn dude chill out.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:49 pm

MetaSmashBro wrote:Damn dude chill out.

seconded
AxelDemon
AxelDemon
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by baggy131 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:39 pm

That would make me happy Smile

baggy131
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 am

yes YES and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.. i would love that .. i hope they announce it at there conference this Wednesday or something, the wii needs one of those online community stuff that XBL and PSN has

Edit: the thing i hate is the friendcode thing, it takes ages to add people.. if you ask a person for his friends code it will take a day until he response, then you gotta add a long ass 12 digit code lol
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2