The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers?

5 posters

Go down

Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers? Empty Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers?

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm

My first debate thread is about three companies. Which one of the three companies here are the least likely to turn on there core gamers in the near future? Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft?

To me, I would say Nintendo. Being that they have been one of the most legendary video game companies of all-time, and manage an excellent record with there core gamers, I doubt Nintendo would abandon them anytime soon, because they care about us and are willing to gamble themself to do that. Sony also cares about there audience, enough so that I'm getting an PS3 this year, but they have certantly made many bad decisions that has fractured there relationship with most of there core gamers. Microsoft, I can see them screwing there core gamers very soon, not because of Natal, but mainly because of there failure to provide enough good exclusives since 2009.

What are your thoughts?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers? Empty Re: Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers?

Post by BlackSabbath370 Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm

No one will, Core gamers = money = business = its not going to change
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers? Empty Re: Which of the companies are least likely to abandon there core gamers?

Post by MetaSmashBro Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:11 pm

If something ever went wrong, Microsoft and Sony would leave the gaming industry, seeing as they have other things to supply them with money.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:52 pm

They are all very loyal to their gaming products...but I guess if it really came down to it I think the 360 would be the first to give it up. Mainly because nintendo's top priority is gaming and Sony has already advertised PS9 a long time ago intending that they are willing to continue making gaming products for as long as they can.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:28 pm

I think Microsoft is most likely to abandon their core gamers. Nintendo and Sony have been in the gaming industry a lot longer, so they have a larger fanbase and more franchises that have continued through the generations. This is Microsoft's second console, so they have a smaller fanbase and less franchises.

Although if we're choosing development studios as well as console-makers, then I'd say Square Enix is most likely to abandon their core gamers. Razz
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down