The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF

+3
KidZillah
TheRighteousFascist
Permafry_42
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF Empty I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:28 am

and this time it was from me proving the dean wrong and proving him a liar (he lied and said he never banned me). here is a video showing the first time i was banned:

Now, a little while later, i got a new ip address, which allowed me to be able to go back on the main website. i saw the video i made still up, the dean has removed his comment, and some people were agreeing with me.

meanwhile, i decided to go on the forum. after posting some responses to different topics, i decided to make a topic showing that i was banned from the site without good reason. then the dean called bs on my claim, and some people wanted me to show where i had commented on. and i put the following:

i posted here:http://www.playstationuniversity.com/the-almost-weekly-truth-graduating-2403/

i said "on the matter of PC’s, i think you don’t understand that PCs are still the best and always will be the best be the best. the description clearly says “Truth welcomes gamers to the next step of gaming, ” PC currently has the best looking game. Therefore, by the logic truth always uses “the better the graphics, the more you’re going to be into the game”, PC is the future since it has the best graphics, as well as the widest range of controls, the best media support, the best online, the best multiplatforms, the most amount of games, easy digital distribution, support for motion control, 3D, and more; the best user generated content, access to millions of hardware add ons, a user base of most of the modern world, and so much more. I know you believe that PS3 is the best, but it clearly says “the next step of gaming”, which means that other platforms count. So, for now, PC is the Future of gaming. I know you don’t want to admit it, but it is the truth."

It was this part caused me to be banned from the site. here is a video showing how he replied and what i thought was my final reply to the website before i was banned.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9d25JvhMJo

I can understand if you disagree with me, but the fact of the matter is I was banned without a message specifically saying i would be banned from the site if i continued to talk about the pc. This is i believe against the rules (seen below for all of my reasons why), and therefore why I have come here to dispute my right to use the website:

I was following the rule "While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts or personal attacks." i did not personally attack anyone; I merely criticized them. In fact, him saying "You’re just being entirely clueless", even though it was about the topic, is a form of a personal insult.

"Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such." I made long posts that were coherent and not spam.

"Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed." Obviously I wasn't

"Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members." Considering I've made a video that the website has used for over a month, i believe i wasn't spamming/advertising/trolling by posting my opinion of truth's video or my opinion on what the future of gaming is.

"We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature. The University staff shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards." obviously i was not doing this.

"Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed." obviously i wasn't doing this.

"Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed." i only have 1 account at this point.

"While we are quite happy to have constructive, comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards." i didn't bash anyone for liking a platform. i disagreed which was better than which, but i merely criticizing truth's video since it wasn't the truth for everyone watching it (like myself). after that i stated with logic why i thought 1 platform was better than another. no bashing; just me stating what i personally thought.

"We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice." this does not entitle them to remove posters just because they disagree with them.

"If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post." Obviously I was speaking English lolz

"Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way." the main reason why i'm back is because i believe i was not abusing the site. nor was i going around the entire/ most of the site saying my views. i was merely stating my opinion on truth's video, and then my opinion on the comments of that video, as well as my opinion to the responses to me. i was on the topic set down by the area of the website i was on (the truth video); thus this proves that i did not disrupt the place i was on due to me being on topic. this makes this rule not apply to this situation, and makes the usual right to "take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way" invalid for this situation.

"You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal." obviously this rule does not apply to me.

"Anyone from Pickering, Ontario is not allowed to sign up for the forum." Laughing

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules." As I have just proven, there is no reason why I was banned, and thus proves that there was neither reason nor need to ban me

I really hope this is enough to prove there was no need to ban me =D

(btw in addition to being posted, this message will also be forwarded to The Dean and One-Shot via private message for referral.)

i sent this to the dean and a moderator/admin (forget which type) called One-Shot.

then after going on a few more topics, i left for the night and i spent the rest of my night doing what i wanted to do.

Then today, i woke up, and when i went on PSU again, it said

If you're reading this, chances are, you're on extended leave. Please feel free to check out another PlayStation community that may better serve your needs.

then i went to the forum, and it said
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

My question to Everyone on PSU: WTF? Is the dean as bad as mld? Why did they ban even when i proved they had no right to ban me.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF Empty Re: I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF

Post by TheRighteousFascist Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:30 pm

I don't think The Dean is as bad as MLD. He's actually a nice guy, and tends to be lenient with the forums. The rules aren't very strict, which I appreciate.

I honestly don't know why you were banned. It is unlike The Dean to do something like that.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF Empty Re: I've been banned from PSU a second time! WTF

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:I don't think The Dean is as bad as MLD. He's actually a nice guy, and tends to be lenient with the forums. The rules aren't very strict, which I appreciate.

I honestly don't know why you were banned. It is unlike The Dean to do something like that.

the problem in my opinion is that The Dean isn't as used to people disagreeing with him as he is used to people agreeing with him.

btw i don't know why i was banned either since he left the reason why i was banned unspecified; which leads me to believe that he banned me from general disagreement rather then a genuine reason to ban me. whatever. if he really thinks that i have no right to use his forum and website, then whatever.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by KidZillah Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:52 pm

- it's because you steal people's pictures and put it on youtube .
*coughFALCOcough*
KidZillah
KidZillah
NES
NES

http://www.kidzillah.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:48 pm

KidZillah wrote:- it's because you steal people's pictures and put it on youtube .
*coughFALCOcough*

*cough*DIDYOUMAKEIT???*cough*

besides, my videos almost feature a picture that i like. that just the way i make my intros.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by KidZillah Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:
KidZillah wrote:- it's because you steal people's pictures and put it on youtube .
*coughFALCO!cough*

*cough*DIDYOUMAKEIT???*cough*

besides, my videos almost feature a picture that i like. that just the way i make my intros.

- iMade it.....made it rad!!!!
KidZillah
KidZillah
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Might as well contact Dean about this. Hopefully he won't ban me as well.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Might as well contact Dean about this. Hopefully he won't ban me as well.

be careful... btw you got rep from me and a personal thanks for talkin to him about it. if you could convince him to talk to me about it on this site, that would be great. thanks!
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 pm

And you guys think i'm strict...meh. <_<

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:And you guys think i'm strict...meh. <_<

i don't think you're strict. i personally think your just a little bit preachy .
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by YGT Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 am

U ARE STRICKED ur the sticktest guy ive ever met lol
YGT
YGT
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 am

YGT wrote:
U ARE STRICKED ur the sticktest guy ive ever met lol

Lol u don't know a lot of people do you?

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 am

Permafry_42 wrote:
the problem in my opinion is that The Dean isn't as used to people disagreeing with him as he is used to people agreeing with him.
But the thing is, he never bans people who disagree with him. There are a lot of "arguments"/debates that go on between people, but we're generally friendly about it, and he never bans people who disagree with him, which is why I was surprised.

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Might as well contact Dean about this. Hopefully he won't ban me as well.
I doubt he'd ban you. I'll ask him too.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:25 am

Permafry_42 wrote:

be careful... btw you got rep from me and a personal thanks for talkin to him about it. if you could convince him to talk to me about it on this site, that would be great. thanks!

Already sent that message.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:

Already sent that message.

nice thanks!
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiteris#2 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:19 pm

i dont think PSU is that strict.Not as much as the XR.But the XR mod's need to be strict to keep the peace.I dont think PSU or here need's to be strict.
Arbiteris#2
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:i dont think PSU is that strict.Not as much as the XR.But the XR mod's need to be strict to keep the peace.I dont think PSU or here need's to be strict.
You're absolutely correct. The main reason the Xbox Republic mods need to be strict is that it is a fanboy site and therefore is attacked by other fanboys. Playstation University revolves around the Playstation brand, but it is not a fanboy site. Hell, I was there for a few months before I even bought a PS3 (I was a 360 owner then; now I have both) and I defend the 360 all the time there (just because we're not a fanboy site doesn't mean there isn't the occasional fanboy), but I've never been even close to being banned there.
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:i dont think PSU is that strict.Not as much as the XR.But the XR mod's need to be strict to keep the peace.I dont think PSU or here need's to be strict.

the reason why they need to "keep the peace" is because someone on the website *cough*MLD*cough* thinks anyone who disagrees with them is a troll. which is why it was a shock for me to have been banned from psu and the xbox republic not once but 2 times in a row. i still can't understand why both of those blogs have banned me when i merely was stating my personal opinion... i have nothing against the 360/ its fanbase. what i do have is that they aren't willing to let more people who are in the middle (ex. multiple console owners who like the 360 but like another console more) onto their sight.

anyways, you should consider to getting a funnier/cooler avatar. i don't mind that you're proud to be a moderator of the xbox 360, but the picture is a bit stale and not very interesting. try looking for some more more funny/cool. look at my avatar for example. if you like it though then that's fine.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiteris#2 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm

@Permafry

You nkow nothing about MLD or the XR.So dont pretend you know more about that forum then me.

It is strict because it get's attacked all of the time.It was actually attacked last night by a group of fanboy's who spammed the hell out of the forum's and hacked a member's account.It took 25 min's for multiple mod's just to clean up that attack and we still havnt sorted out the hacked account issue.

THAT IS WHY THE FORUM IS STRICT.We are even attacked by stealth troll's who just come on there to argue and defend PS3.

MLD rarely come's on the forum.So dont blame him if you got banned.Moderater's take care of the forum.And MLD receive's ton's of hate everday so is it not natural to block people who just want to argue with him?

PS:I like my avatar and im keeping it.I think your avatar is silly but do i complain?Nope

And like i said,dont pretend you know more about that forum than me.
Arbiteris#2
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRighteousFascist Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:@Permafry

You nkow nothing about MLD or the XR.So dont pretend you know more about that forum then me.

It is strict because it get's attacked all of the time.It was actually attacked last night by a group of fanboy's who spammed the hell out of the forum's and hacked a member's account.It took 25 min's for multiple mod's just to clean up that attack and we still havnt sorted out the hacked account issue.

THAT IS WHY THE FORUM IS STRICT.We are even attacked by stealth troll's who just come on there to argue and defend PS3.

MLD rarely come's on the forum.So dont blame him if you got banned.Moderater's take care of the forum.And MLD receive's ton's of hate everday so is it not natural to block people who just want to argue with him?

PS:I like my avatar and im keeping it.I think your avatar is silly but do i complain?Nope

OH SNAP.

I stumbled upon the XR yesterday and I noticed a bunch of threads called "PS3 FAILS" and the OP was all messed up and stuff. Is that what you were talking about?
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiteris#2 Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:

OH SNAP.

I stumbled upon the XR yesterday and I noticed a bunch of threads called "PS3 FAILS" and the OP was all messed up and stuff. Is that what you were talking about?

Most likely.I was offline but the mod's and member's told me what happened.The republic is still recovering from that attack.

And before those spammer's where banned,they sent the mod's a threatning Pm saying that they will do it again in the close future.
Arbiteris#2
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by KidZillah Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Arbiteris#2 wrote:
TheRighteousFascist wrote:

OH SNAP.

Most likely.I was offline but the mod's and member's told me what happened.The republic is still recovering from that attack.

And before those spammer's where banned,they sent the mod's a threatning Pm saying that they will do it again in the close future.

- coughsurecough

This guy banned me and said iWas Trolling .

however, I MADE ONE POST .?!

and it wasn't about consoles . AT ALL .

iWas in the lounge area or whatever .
KidZillah
KidZillah
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 pm

if that is the case then please ask for me to be unblocked since i wasn't trolling the first time. that time i was just wanting to know why he thought the 360 was better than the ps3. the second time was to try to get more people to know that i was banned on the website, and just like the dean banned me for speaking against being banned, i was banned on the republic for showing me being banned just because i wanted to know why the 360 was/is better than the ps3. i'm sorry if you mistook what i said, but what i meant to say was that sometimes people are getting banned from the site because they are assumed to be a troll. however, that doesn't mean that the site is bad or too strict. it just means that if it really was what you have said before (that the 360 is a good site and that i was banned by mistake),then someone would've unbanned me by now. i don't hate the 360 republic. i just think that their policy that only people who support the 360 wholeheartedly are allowed to go on it, is going overboard. i am sorry that there are f*cked up people that try to hack your site. however, i was not trolling or hacking your site, yet i was still banned. and you seem to forget that the purpose of this topic is to talk about the fact that i have now been banned twice from PSU.

also remember that so far there hasn't been a ps3 fanboy that has spammed or hacked the wii network, but there has been a certain someone from the 360 republic by the username of glass (at least that's his name here) that has been spamming our website. not to mention that you guys believe on your website that we are against the ps3. in reality some of us here like ps3 and wii, while others like 360 and wii. it all boils down to personal opinion. unlike the republic we ban people only if they do nothing but spam. we don't take sides. i personally enjoy every current gen platform. however i personally prefer to get a gaming pc rather than a 360.

Also about the avatars, as i said, if you like it that's fine. i just think it is just a bit too bland for my taste. i hope you like my new avatar more (Phoenix Wright FTW What a Face).
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiteris#2 Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 am

Permafry_42 wrote:

if that is the case then please ask for me to be unblocked since i wasn't trolling the first time. that time i was just wanting to know why he thought the 360 was better than the ps3. the second time was to try to get more people to know that i was banned on the website, and just like the dean banned me for speaking against being banned, i was banned on the republic for showing me being banned just because i wanted to know why the 360 was/is better than the ps3. i'm sorry if you mistook what i said, but what i meant to say was that sometimes people are getting banned from the site because they are assumed to be a troll. however, that doesn't mean that the site is bad or too strict. it just means that if it really was what you have said before (that the 360 is a good site and that i was banned by mistake),then someone would've unbanned me by now. i don't hate the 360 republic. i just think that their policy that only people who support the 360 wholeheartedly are allowed to go on it, is going overboard. i am sorry that there are f*cked up people that try to hack your site. however, i was not trolling or hacking your site, yet i was still banned. and you seem to forget that the purpose of this topic is to talk about the fact that i have now been banned twice from PSU.

also remember that so far there hasn't been a ps3 fanboy that has spammed or hacked the wii network, but there has been a certain someone from the 360 republic by the username of glass (at least that's his name here) that has been spamming our website. not to mention that you guys believe on your website that we are against the ps3. in reality some of us here like ps3 and wii, while others like 360 and wii. it all boils down to personal opinion. unlike the republic we ban people only if they do nothing but spam. we don't take sides. i personally enjoy every current gen platform. however i personally prefer to get a gaming pc rather than a 360.

Also about the avatars, as i said, if you like it that's fine. i just think it is just a bit too bland for my taste. i hope you like my new avatar more (Phoenix Wright FTW What a Face).

I dont even know your username on the republci so i cant do that yet.And i dont know who banned you or what the exact reason was so i cant judge your banning unless you give me proof that you werent a troll.And do you know who banned you?I might need to ask them.I cant really just let you come back without better proof,but im not saying you were a troll,i just need better proof.

Many peole who join dont understand what the site is for.We get people coming on there everday trying to defend and argue what we say on that forum.We get people who just want to debate against 360 which causes fight's and flame war's which IS against the rule's.So we mod's have to prevent that by banning all people who just want to do that.

We allow most people to join as long as they arent PS3 fanboy's.We have even allowed nuetral people who enjoy there PS3 more than 360.Take fuu for example,she has said that she prefer's the PS3 yet she follow's the rule's.Mod's also go by what they think is right.So if someone come's on the XR and just want's to debate,the first thing that the mod would think is to ban that person.That person might have not been a troll,but how was the mod sopposed to know that?See what i mean?

If you find out who on the XR spammed your forum,i will talk with them.I cant speculate much on that event.We have a few thread's about Wii network(not bashful ones).I dont know who said "wii network are aganist ps3" though.

That's cool bro.Your new avatar look's much better than the one you had yesterday.
Arbiteris#2
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiteris#2 Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 am

Kidzhilla,stop trying to change aroudn the story.

I banned you for being a troll and a 360 basher.You know why?Because you constantly bash the 360 and the fanbase plus you are apart of the Trey Brotherhood.So explain to me why i suldnt have banned you?

Oh and btw,you made 3 post's defending PS3.that also back's up my statement.

Admit it bro,you didnt join the XR to cheer for the home team.XR isnt multiplat,it is a fully 360 forum.
Arbiteris#2
Arbiteris#2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next