Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by imhappy2help22 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Does Anyone Know If There Making The Second One For Wii ?
avatar
imhappy2help22
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-09
Age : 28
Location : Long Island ,New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Gyoza on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:53 pm

No they are not
avatar
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1773
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Philadelphia, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Jade789119 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:01 pm

they will if reflex gets enough sales
avatar
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1127
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 25
Location : CaNaDa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 pm

All in due time.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Gyoza on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:32 pm

Treyarch hates developing for the Wii.
avatar
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1773
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Philadelphia, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Gyoza wrote:Treyarch hates developing for the Wii.
So does everyone else but they still do it.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Gyoza on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:38 pm

No you don't get it. Why do think Reflex took so long to come out.
avatar
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1773
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 23
Location : Philadelphia, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:52 am

Gyoza wrote:No you don't get it. Why do think Reflex took so long to come out.
Because Infinity Ward didn't want to make Modern Warfare for the Wii in 2007, and upon counting all of their money, Activision realized that they hadn't robbed enough money from Wii owners. So they sent their little gremlin servant, a.k.a. Treyarch, to port the game to the Wii.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:54 am

TheRighteousFascist wrote:
Gyoza wrote:No you don't get it. Why do think Reflex took so long to come out.
Because Infinity Ward didn't want to make Modern Warfare for the Wii in 2007, and upon counting all of their money, Activision realized that they hadn't robbed enough money from Wii owners. So they sent their little gremlin servant, a.k.a. Treyarch, to port the game to the Wii.
lol, love the metaphor. But yes Infinity Ward came out and said they hated the Wii, after lying to everyone about Modern Warfare not being possible on the Wii. After that Treyarch proved them wrong by making World at War, a game that uses the Modern Warfare engine, on Wii.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by imhappy2help22 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 am

FaytSaratome wrote:
TheRighteousFascist wrote:
Gyoza wrote:No you don't get it. Why do think Reflex took so long to come out.
Because Infinity Ward didn't want to make Modern Warfare for the Wii in 2007, and upon counting all of their money, Activision realized that they hadn't robbed enough money from Wii owners. So they sent their little gremlin servant, a.k.a. Treyarch, to port the game to the Wii.
lol, love the metaphor. But yes Infinity Ward came out and said they hated the Wii, after lying to everyone about Modern Warfare not being possible on the Wii. After that Treyarch proved them wrong by making World at War, a game that uses the Modern Warfare engine, on Wii.
So Are They .
avatar
imhappy2help22
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-09
Age : 28
Location : Long Island ,New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:58 am

FaytSaratome wrote:
TheRighteousFascist wrote:
Gyoza wrote:No you don't get it. Why do think Reflex took so long to come out.
Because Infinity Ward didn't want to make Modern Warfare for the Wii in 2007, and upon counting all of their money, Activision realized that they hadn't robbed enough money from Wii owners. So they sent their little gremlin servant, a.k.a. Treyarch, to port the game to the Wii.
lol, love the metaphor. But yes Infinity Ward came out and said they hated the Wii, after lying to everyone about Modern Warfare not being possible on the Wii. After that Treyarch proved them wrong by making World at War, a game that uses the Modern Warfare engine, on Wii.
I don't really think Treyarch proved Infinity Ward wrong. I mean, yea, they got World at War on the Wii, but it wasn't good at all. It's like saying you can fit a plane through a door. It's possible, but impractical, and you're left with a huge mess, the mess being, in this case, World at War for the Wii.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 am

Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
avatar
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 276
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : USA, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:19 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.
That's not always so. Does that mean that Soulcalibur for the 360 is as good as Soulcalibur for the Dreamcast? Not even close. The original Soulcalibur on the Dreamcast has a 98/100 on Metacritic, and the 360 port has a 79/100.

Though they may be the same game, there's a lot that can go wrong in a port.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:22 pm

TheRighteousFascist wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.
That's not always so. Does that mean that Soulcalibur for the 360 is as good as Soulcalibur for the Dreamcast? Not even close. The original Soulcalibur on the Dreamcast has a 98/100 on Metacritic, and the 360 port has a 79/100.

Though they may be the same game, there's a lot that can go wrong in a port.
Oh you're right, because Relfex is better. Controls are better.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
TheRighteousFascist wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.
That's not always so. Does that mean that Soulcalibur for the 360 is as good as Soulcalibur for the Dreamcast? Not even close. The original Soulcalibur on the Dreamcast has a 98/100 on Metacritic, and the 360 port has a 79/100.

Though they may be the same game, there's a lot that can go wrong in a port.
Oh you're right, because Relfex is better. Controls are better.
That's not what I heard.

Even if the controls are better, there are other reasons the port may not be as good as the original. I can think of a few things, such as dumbed-down graphics, online using the oh-so-wonderful WiiConnect24 servers, no one using a mic (even less so than PSN; I don't know if Reflex even supports Wii Speak), and Reflex's own set of bugs and glitches that arose as a result of porting it.

And I seriously doubt that motion controls (which can be iffy sometimes) are better than a 360 or PS3 controller with dual analog.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:26 pm

They are dude, closest thing to a mouse I ever used. dual analog is way too slow.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:28 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:They are dude, closest thing to a mouse I ever used. dual analog is way too slow.
I'm sorry, I find that very hard to believe. And as I mentioned before, there are other reasons why Reflex may be inferior.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:20 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.

What TheRighteousFacist said, but I like to add something.

If I did own an Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360 AND owned this game, I would probably think it's amazing. Modern Warfare: Reflex isn't terrible, but it is a terrible port. I'll try to explain why:

- Only 10 players online compared to 18 players.
- Reviews are much lower then on the HD consoles.
- Visuals are worse then on the HD consoles.
- It took TWO years AFTER the HD versions to FINALLY get released. It was release at the exact same day as Modern Warfare 2, which should send a red flag that this game wasn't meant to be successful.
- No voice chat.
- No DLC.
- No local multiplayer.
- The HD versions probably had at least two years of work put into it, while the Wii version only had ten months.

PS3/360 to Wii ports almost never works out and this is no exception to the rule. How can you not denide that this version is a downgraded game?
avatar
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Posts : 276
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2009-12-12
Location : USA, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.

What TheRighteousFacist said, but I like to add something.

If I did own an Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360 AND owned this game, I would probably think it's amazing. Modern Warfare: Reflex isn't terrible, but it is a terrible port. I'll try to explain why:

- Only 10 players online compared to 18 players.
- Reviews are much lower then on the HD consoles.
- Visuals are worse then on the HD consoles.
- It took TWO years AFTER the HD versions to FINALLY get released. It was release at the exact same day as Modern Warfare 2, which should send a red flag that this game wasn't meant to be successful.
- No voice chat.
- No DLC.
- No local multiplayer.
- The HD versions probably had at least two years of work put into it, while the Wii version only had ten months.

PS3/360 to Wii ports almost never works out and this is no exception to the rule. How can you not denide that this version is a downgraded game?
It is a downgraded game but only slightly. Visuals don't really matter, HD or not who the fuck cares. Multiplayer yeah I'll give that. Reviews are debatable. It took two years because Infinity Ward is an ass and hates the Wii. No voice chat, dlc, and local I'll also give that. Overall I say it's a pretty decent port. I played both the PS3 version and Reflex and all honesty Reflex is better only slightly. if I could use a mouse on the PS3 version then that would be better.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by imhappy2help22 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Ill Admit Its Not The Best . But Its A Great Game. I Agree With You Though Controlls Are Amazing . But All I Can Do is Hope They Make A Second One . Or At Least New Online FPS's Is There Any New Ones Coming Out ?
avatar
imhappy2help22
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-09
Age : 28
Location : Long Island ,New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:56 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
FaytSaratome wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Doubt it and I hope we never get Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition. Modern Warfare: Reflex was a terrible port, no offense.
Then you're saying Modern Warfare is terrible, because Reflex is the exact same game.

What TheRighteousFacist said, but I like to add something.

If I did own an Playstation 3 and/or Xbox 360 AND owned this game, I would probably think it's amazing. Modern Warfare: Reflex isn't terrible, but it is a terrible port. I'll try to explain why:

- Only 10 players online compared to 18 players.
- Reviews are much lower then on the HD consoles.
- Visuals are worse then on the HD consoles.
- It took TWO years AFTER the HD versions to FINALLY get released. It was release at the exact same day as Modern Warfare 2, which should send a red flag that this game wasn't meant to be successful.
- No voice chat.
- No DLC.
- No local multiplayer.
- The HD versions probably had at least two years of work put into it, while the Wii version only had ten months.

PS3/360 to Wii ports almost never works out and this is no exception to the rule. How can you not denide that this version is a downgraded game?
It is a downgraded game but only slightly. Visuals don't really matter, HD or not who the fuck cares. Multiplayer yeah I'll give that. Reviews are debatable. It took two years because Infinity Ward is an ass and hates the Wii. No voice chat, dlc, and local I'll also give that. Overall I say it's a pretty decent port. I played both the PS3 version and Reflex and all honesty Reflex is better only slightly. if I could use a mouse on the PS3 version then that would be better.
So you list all of these things that Modern Warfare has over Reflex, but all of that means nothing in comparison to the fact that the Wii Remote feels more like a mouse than the PS3 controller?
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Yes.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by TheRighteousFascist on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:Yes.
I find that a bit ridiculous, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Different strokes, I guess.
avatar
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

Posts : 540
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-12-30
Age : 23
Location : New York

View user profile http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by FaytSaratome on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:00 pm

I play a lot of PC FPS so dual analog just feels stiff to me.

_________________

avatar
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Posts : 1066
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2009-08-28
Age : 27
Location : Desmu City, Kranvia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reflex Edition ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum