The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

+17
BlooLegend
NoelX2
lil boy blue 300
Godwind
boricua
Mark_Chaos
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Invaderzzim
SpaniardGamer
FaytSaratome
SoaringDive
Kamina#1
snaredrums123
MetaSmashBro
Gyoza
fox mccloud
Shah2354
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them. - Page 2 Empty Re: High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

Post by Gyoza Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 pm

So you don't like to chillax with some icy chill minigames.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them. - Page 2 Empty Re: High Voltage Studios really cares about the Wii, but we don't care about them.

Post by SpaniardGamer Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Gyoza wrote:So you don't like to chillax with some icy chill minigames.

Minigames that are actually use the Wiimote fully are fun, some minigames that don't respond to the Wiimote suck
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:18 pm

The reason Wii Play sells a lot is because your buying a wiimote, not a game. I was smart enough not to buy that garbage.

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:21 pm

You reveil the truth of the core gamers as have others. Still, it is sad how ungrateful core gamers can be.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:The reason Wii Play sells a lot is because your buying a wiimote, not a game. I was smart enough not to buy that garbage.
It's not garbage it's a cupcake
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 am

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:You reveil the truth of the core gamers as have others. Still, it is sad how ungrateful core gamers can be.
i try to think the people on this site are a bit more grateful than others.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:58 am

We are, don't try, do.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:08 pm

I don't care for most things in the world...
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by boricua Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:41 pm

(no comment)
boricua
boricua
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Or if High Voltage put out an actually good game that people cared about? Forum dwellers and the people of the internet do not count.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/email-the-grinder-and-the-conduit/

As for the worry about these "core" games selling, it could be the sign that the video game industry needs to shrink as oppose to grow. I think it is funny that people try to check out demographics when it is evident that people are simply not interested in your product.

It isn't the consumer's fault, it is the companies behind these games. They need to make games that catch the interest and imagination of the consumer.

It's not as if the was designed for "casuals."
Take the Deca Sports series for example.
Deca Sports sold for 2.20 million copies while Deca Sports 2 sold for .53 million copies.

What is funny is that people call some of these consumers as being "casuals", as being the inferior consumer. When people think about "casuals," they think as if they wanted simple and dumb games. Quite the opposite. Games like Wii sports create excitement for people and challenges for people. The game has a lot of meat on it for the user.

No shit I don't care about High Voltage software, because they have little respect for me. I'm the one paying $50 for my games. The video game industry, like any entertainment industry, is cut throat. You either have the chops to compete or GTFO.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by lil boy blue 300 Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Wise word Godwind and good article I had a nice read. It's ovious this is a bussiness so devs should make that their first priority b4 release unfinished/lower quality products against their competitors.

A.K.A NIntendo > Any other developer on wiii

Last edited by lil boy blue 300 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
lil boy blue 300
lil boy blue 300
NES
NES

http://shock_wave_Inyang@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:19 pm

I remember me hyping like crazy for The Conduit. But one of the delays was 2 days before my BD and the next was June 26 I think.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by BlooLegend Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:48 am

Yes there should be more TV commercials. Without that barely anything would sell. Remember how many Halo commercials there were when Halo 3 was going to be released.
BlooLegend
BlooLegend
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:42 am

high voltage is turning around. Looks like they may be able to get mass support from ninty fans and quite possibly nintendo's company as a whole. so in the future high voltage might become a major developer. but this takes time we will have to wait.
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:36 am

Jade789119 wrote:high voltage is turning around. Looks like they may be able to get mass support from ninty fans and quite possibly nintendo's company as a whole. so in the future high voltage might become a major developer. but this takes time we will have to wait.

That's bullocks. High Voltage chooses to be a sub-developer. They have been established in 1993. They had years to work on a game to break through those barriers. Hell, even Epic games and Blizzard established themselves in 1991 and look where they are now. Then look at a Studio such as Rocksteady Studios, established in 2004, were able to make a game like Batman: Arkham Asylum. Then there are developers such as Frontier Developers, circa 1993, are making games like Lostwinds and Lostwinds 2. Then a developer such as Romino Games, circa 2006, developed games such as Swords & Soldiers and de Blob(original developers of the PC version). Then there are guys like 2D Boy, who developed a game such as World of Goo, one of the most highly regarded games for the Wii, ranked 3rd on the Wii's Metacritic page.

Instead of sucking down the dumbass kool-aid, how about supporting developers who have some actual passion for their games. Developers who are making actual strides to make the console a better quality system.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:51 am

I hate when people say game companies have no respect for them and they bad mouth them 25/8.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Gyoza wrote:I hate when people say game companies have no respect for them and they bad mouth them 25/8.

I hate it when others don't acknowledge the truth.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:04 pm

I hate it when people think we give a shit.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:I hate it when people think we give a shit.

I hate when people forget that people who don't give a shit don't respond.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Godwind wrote:

I love it when people reply to me when I make those statements.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:17 pm

FaytSaratome wrote:
Godwind wrote:

I love it when people reply to me when I make those statements.

So do I. We should go cruising for chicks. Get them drunk and have a fun time.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by theblackhedgehog24 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Maybe there's just isn't over 1,000,000 fans themselves.

I bought TC1 so I'm buying The Grinder and Conduit 2 day 1 aswell. Smile
theblackhedgehog24
theblackhedgehog24
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:08 am

have you ever thought the reason the conduit hasn't sold a million or half a million is because it averaged 69 on meta?

oh and good and well written thread mate... i didn't turn my backs on HVS, i reckon the company has great potential Smile.. im actually interested in the grinder ps3 version as well because i actually like Top Down games (Smash TV on NES are the prime example
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLolzalol Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am

The reason high voltage doesn't get the respect they supposedly deserve is coz The Conduit wasn't that impressive a game. If players aren't interested in it i don't see how thats their fault. Though by the sounds of whats happening with the conduit 2 HVS may get the respect they deserve. Though it all just comes down to what the finished product is like and not what it's said to be.
TheLolzalol
TheLolzalol
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sun May 02, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm glad my topic has generated so much conversation. i like the varied opinions.
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2