The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dead space extraction sales aren't looking good

4 posters

Go down

dead space extraction sales aren't looking good Empty dead space extraction sales aren't looking good

Post by RollingSilver Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 pm

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/10/19/dead-space-extraction-sales-are-not-good/

watch the fanboys troll
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

dead space extraction sales aren't looking good Empty Re: dead space extraction sales aren't looking good

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 pm

tgvxSF

Last edited by darkwingdragon709 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

dead space extraction sales aren't looking good Empty Re: dead space extraction sales aren't looking good

Post by darkwingdragon709 Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:05 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:uh...who here really expected the game to sell well? i know i didn't. the game was nothin more then a short railshooter that happened to be called deadspace with a 2%replay value. and the funny thing is that people actually call it a AAA title for the wii, yet another example of what people think of the console. we already have about 7 on rail shooters already, if ya played one then ya played all...literally. the only noteworthy on rails i can think of are killer7 and sin and punishment, and guess what...NEITHER of them sold well. the on rails genra is an absolute loss and EA completely deserves low sales for even makin that game. if they actually wanted to make a quality wii game, they woulda either made deadspace on the wii along with the 360/ps3 in the first place, or made a game played like original but with that cast and plot. instead they did what crapcom did and made a lazy/easy to make railshooter with the deadspace name and expected us dumb wii owners to slobber all over thier lowest quality scrap...a AAA effort...PLEASE! you wanna know what a AAA game is? the upcommin metroid other m...nuff said. a rail shooter can never be AAA quality or sell great.
sorry. there was a misshap with my post.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Honestly, this article sounds like a load of baloney. A Viceral Games employee saying that NOBODY bought the game, yet here I am holding it in my hands. (Of course, he was probably exagerrating meaning that the game didn't sell well as they expected, but that's predictable.) I want to see numbers before I believe this.

@darkwingdragon
Calm down. Have you actually played the game? Extraction is no lazy port, like Capcom did with Dead Rising. This is actually a decent railshooter to get. A VERY decent one. Have you seen the reviews on this game?

Back to top Go down

Post by RollingSilver Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:20 pm

i can't guarantee getting the game soon but i know i'll get it one day. hey, this game'll probably be a sleeper hit
RollingSilver
RollingSilver
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 am

Jaques7Chef wrote:Honestly, this article sounds like a load of baloney. A Viceral Games employee saying that NOBODY bought the game, yet here I am holding it in my hands. (Of course, he was probably exagerrating meaning that the game didn't sell well as they expected, but that's predictable.) I want to see numbers before I believe this.

@darkwingdragon
Calm down. Have you actually played the game? Extraction is no lazy port, like Capcom did with Dead Rising. This is actually a decent railshooter to get. A VERY decent one. Have you seen the reviews on this game?
oh no, when i mentioned crapcom i was talkin about when they denied wii owners re5, and even LIED sayin it couldn't possibly be made on the wii, then expected us stupid and desperate wii owners to slob over darkside chronicles.

no i haven't played extraction yet, but i did see 5 different review and it simply looks just like any other rail shooter to me complete with super short campain, just about no replay value other then to find some files and vids, no freedom, scripted enemy spring attacks, and no form of explorin what so ever, just point and click the trigger with a few waggles here and there for the glow worm...i woulda took it in the form of and FPS before a rail shooter...and i don't like FPS games that much. the only part of the game that was even worth mentionin was the absolutely GREAT visuals(looked very close to the original to me), which did nothin but make me even more angry cause it makes me think how good the game coulda been with those graphics with gameplay like the original.

and with this asside, we all know why this game didn't sell good. no one, and i repeat NO ONE is willin to shell out $50 bucks for a freakin rail shooter...PERIOD. sells may pick up when its in the bargin bin for about $30-$20 bucks but right now no ones gonna pay full price for the equivalent of EA's table scraps...includin me.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:38 pm

i will get this game when it gets into the bargain bin, i got way to many wii titles i want and extraction isn't my number 1 title i want right now, i mean i still wanna buy punch out
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:46 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Jaques7Chef wrote:Honestly, this article sounds like a load of baloney. A Viceral Games employee saying that NOBODY bought the game, yet here I am holding it in my hands. (Of course, he was probably exagerrating meaning that the game didn't sell well as they expected, but that's predictable.) I want to see numbers before I believe this.

@darkwingdragon
oh no, when i mentioned crapcom i was talkin about when they denied wii owners re5, and even LIED sayin it couldn't possibly be made on the wii, then expected us stupid and desperate wii owners to slob over darkside chronicles.

no i haven't played extraction yet, but i did see 5 different review and it simply looks just like any other rail shooter to me complete with super short campain, just about no replay value other then to find some files and vids, no freedom, scripted enemy spring attacks, and no form of explorin what so ever, just point and click the trigger with a few waggles here and there for the glow worm...i woulda took it in the form of and FPS before a rail shooter...and i don't like FPS games that much. the only part of the game that was even worth mentionin was the absolutely GREAT visuals(looked very close to the original to me), which did nothin but make me even more angry cause it makes me think how good the game coulda been with those graphics with gameplay like the original.

and with this asside, we all know why this game didn't sell good. no one, and i repeat NO ONE is willin to shell out $50 bucks for a freakin rail shooter...PERIOD. sells may pick up when its in the bargin bin for about $30-$20 bucks but right now no ones gonna pay full price for the equivalent of EA's table scraps...includin me.

You should rent it, though. To me, it was worth the purchase because I haven't played any rail-shooters (unless you count classic arcade ones). Check out my review.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:51 am

All in all, Visceral Games should hate E.A not us. For the reason being is that E.A. did NOT advertise the game as much and not many people have heard of it that would've been interested in the game. Just only the people - like us - that go on the internet or watched E3 know about the game.

It's sad that it didn't get the sales it deserves, it would've shut up the idiots who think that Hardcore games can't be done on the Wii, to an extent of their big mouths.
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down