The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales)

4 posters

Go down

More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales) Empty More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:04 pm

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/700568/Electronic-Arts-Very-Few-Multi-Platform-Titles-Are-Succeeding-On-Wii.html

It's not just Nintendo that's blaming software advertisement, EA's doing it too!

Wow, I am shocked. People wanted better third-party support for the Wii, and what do they do when it is released? Complain that "it's not appealing to them, because it's crud." People underestimate a lot when it comes to games like The Conduit, Dead Space: Extraction, Madworld, etc.

You guys wanted better 3rd party support (like I did)...well here it is! Either take the opportunity (like I do), or don't instead of just complaining and whining that "it's not (exactly) what you/I/whoever wanted!"

And let me tell you guys right now that I'm happy with the purchases I've bought from 3rd parties such as DS:E. That game's very addicting, even though it's not 3rd person like the original (not complaining about that, it's actually more immersive than in 3rd person).

The question is: are you guys happy at all with 3rd party support and the purchases you've made towards 3rd parties?

Btw, DS:E sold only around 9,300 copies (seriously) if anyone's wondering on the sales of the game. (IT'S OVER 9,000! WHAT, 9,000!?)

Last edited by Jaques7Chef on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales) Empty Re: More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales)

Post by Mark_Chaos Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah, the only ones are Sega and Capcom.

Capcom:
Monster Hunter 3

Sega:
The Conduit
MadWorld
And they're even trying to get DLC on WiiWare for Sega All Star Racing Wii, not to mention except for a few minor differences, the graphics were actually worked on and almost match, or exactly match SMG. May not be hardcore, but Digital Sumo is actually putting in work for this version, and it shows.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales) Empty Re: More Bad News for Wii Software (& DS:E sales)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Mark_chaos wrote:Yeah, the only ones are Sega and Capcom.

Capcom:
Monster Hunter 3

Sega:
The Conduit
MadWorld
And they're even trying to get DLC on WiiWare for Sega All Star Racing Wii, not to mention except for a few minor differences, the graphics were actually worked on. May not be hardcore, but Digital Sumo is actually putting in work for this version, and it shows.

Ubisoft and (ironically) E.A. too with Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and DS:E.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Jaques7Chef wrote:
Mark_chaos wrote:Yeah, the only ones are Sega and Capcom.

Capcom:
Monster Hunter 3

Sega:
The Conduit
MadWorld
And they're even trying to get DLC on WiiWare for Sega All Star Racing Wii, not to mention except for a few minor differences, the graphics were actually worked on. May not be hardcore, but Digital Sumo is actually putting in work for this version, and it shows.

Ubisoft and (ironically) E.A. too with Red Steel, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and DS:E.

I'd rather give credit to Ubisoft for NMH, RS, and Raving Rabbids Go Home or something.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:47 pm

yea i love my third party games they are great i donno what people are complaining about EA should actually do more research -_-
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:02 pm

you guys know what i complain about. i got and support the conduit, but i am NOT gonna buy crap i don't want, like, and can't justify simply cause its 3rd party support. when EA desides to make a game with the same AAA quality effort as 360/ps3 games thats actually worth $50(like crapcom with MH3, and ubi with RS2)and not a cheap/easy to make rail-shooter that no one gives a crap about...then me along with MANY others would gladly buy thier games. but i WON'T be forced to buyin thier scrap simply cause its 3rd party, cause if this is thier example of "quality support" then i don't want it. all this shows is that they don't wanna take the time/money to make real games on the wii.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:20 pm

wow, i just reallized that the only 3rd party game i bought for Wii was Star Wars The Complete Saga! wow, i either get too many multiplats for my pc, or i get too few 3rd party for my wii. I personally bought the Wii for it's 1st Party games though, same way i bought PS3 for it's exclusive games.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwingdragon709 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Permafry_42 wrote:wow, i just reallized that the only 3rd party game i bought for Wii was Star Wars The Complete Saga! wow, i either get too many multiplats for my pc, or i get too few 3rd party for my wii. I personally bought the Wii for it's 1st Party games though, same way i bought PS3 for it's exclusive games.
wow, you didn't even get muramasa the demon blade? now THATS a 3rd party game worth our time, not that dead space crapstration.

darkwingdragon709
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 pm

darkwingdragon709 wrote:
Permafry_42 wrote:wow, i just reallized that the only 3rd party game i bought for Wii was Star Wars The Complete Saga! wow, i either get too many multiplats for my pc, or i get too few 3rd party for my wii. I personally bought the Wii for it's 1st Party games though, same way i bought PS3 for it's exclusive games.
wow, you didn't even get muramasa the demon blade? now THATS a 3rd party game worth our time, not that dead space crapstration.

i will be getting Muramasa for sure, i'm just going to get all the ps3 games that i really want first.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Consoles shining point is exclusives and that is why most people who like wii or ps3 like vise versa. Cuz they mostly after the exclusives now the 360 got quite a few good exclusives but the main ones i see are gears and halo lol not much else i guess 360 is mostly multi plats and online cod is rated 360 number one game and ps3 got an exclusive rpg up there and wii has NSMB
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down